1997 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Avalon
Average based on 11 reviews

1997 avalon owner

by from on April 7, 2009

I own a 1997 toyota avalon & love it! drove it to colorado, michigan, louisiana, maine, hilton head, texas, runs well, protected me in an accident, helped my back pain b/c of the smooth ride

Flat out good

by from Cumberland, RI on April 18, 2008

It's a smooth and controlled ride, very spacious, easy to drive. I got it used with about 120,000 miles on it, and I never had a problem with it, so it's reliable to say the least.

My favorite vehicle so far!

by from Delaware on May 3, 2007

I love this car, and recommend the Avalon to anyone who is mid or large in stature(no- offense to anyone). I purchased mine a year ago, and to this day rides the same as the day i bought it. I cant really think of any downsides for it at this moment but if your tall like myself then go for this car.

bullet proof

by from NJ on November 15, 2011

paint never faded, never rusted, 25 mpg, lots of room, quiet ride, regular gas, inexpensive to maintain.

Good car overall

by from Knoxville,Tn. on March 1, 2013

No major repairs, safe, good handling,Steering and door window motor need replacement after 15 yrs.Gas milesage 24 city/highway.

Great Cars

by from Pasadena, CA on July 16, 2012

Bought this car used with 87K miles on it. I regularyly maintained it. And it never let me down. after 350 K miles, it ran as good when i gave it to my sister as when I bought it. Averaged around 25 miles to the gallon, a little better on long highway trips.

great car

by from sacramento on January 2, 2007

perfect anyhow low accelaration high mile per galon strong body comfortable completely reliable low maintanace cost high performance

avalon is best ever

by from on July 30, 2011

nice toyota avalon, i am driving toyota avalon since 1990 ...really it is great......................

Excellent car

by from Georgia on August 4, 2011

170,000 miles and still in great condition inside and out. Still has smooth, quiet ride and is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. Serviced every 3,000 miles. No problems at all. My next car will be an Avalon but doesn't look like it will be any time soon!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from SC on October 10, 2010

Can't say enough positive about my 1st generation Avalon. Even the insurance companies love it and charge me less for insurance on it than most cars this age. I love that it's a full size car but is powerful and agile. Super reliable. The only tiny draw back is a slightly short suspension life, but other than that, I love it.