2006 Avalon

2006 Toyota Avalon

2006 Toyota Avalon

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota Avalon?

Luxury, Comfort and Reliability

by Shimmy2me from Minnetonka, MN on Mon Jan 03 2011

Purchased our second new 2006 Avalon XLS and for a good reason...because it is reliable and gets great gas mileage for a larger sedan. The overall smooth performance from the V6 is very responsive especially when you need quick acceleration. XLS has excellent base features but we purchase ours with upgrades such as Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Brake Assist(BA) and Heated Front Seats which these features are great to have for Minnesota winters. The 6 Disc CD Changer, JBL sound with 12 speakers has got to be one of the best systems around. Our Avalon has also been very reliable since we only have to do standard routine maintenance and a few recall notices only. Never been in the shop for any other work...what a relief this is to us. We truly enjoy the comfort and the spacious room of the car. We always get friends and family saying ?Let?s drive your car?. Toyota Avalon is a winner !

THE BEST I'VE EVER OWNED

by FRTNICK from WICHIYA,KS on Mon Apr 19 2010

LEASED MY AVALON IN 06 STILL THINK OF IT AS A NEW CAR. AT LEASE END I WILL BUY THE CAR. I CANNOT VISUALIZE A NICER OR MORE COMFORTABLE CAR. THE ONLY THING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS A FOLD DOWN REAR SEAT. THIS CAR HAS POWER, SPEED, COMFORT, LOOKS AND MOST OF ALL IT GIVES ME AND MY FAMILY A GREAT FELLING OF SAFETY.

Awesome and luxurious

by Eric from Burlington, IA on Tue Nov 29 2011

This car is fantastic! I love driving it and it is very quiet and the most comfortable car i have been in. It has great power and the model i bought is the limited. If i could i would drive this car all around the country and never get tired of being in the car!!

love my avalon

by happy owner from littleton on Sat Aug 21 2010

I have a 2006 Avalon that I love... perfect verhicle. Great gas mileage, roomy, plenty of power, great options and an overall awesome value!

Toyota 4 ever

by Carlitos from Queens, NY on Mon Oct 07 2013

After 10 years with a Camry (2003 - 2013, a 98' I bought used), I retired and decided to change. I looked, and found an Avalon 2005 XLS, with 120.000 miles. Perfect shape, perfect ride, perfect price, super comfortable, looks new. A little thirsty in the city, (I drive aggressively, stop every 10 blocks). Recently I drove out country, in my way back I filled up the tank and took it on the road. The computer showed 33-34 MPG, with peaks of 35.2 MPG. With 3.5 liters engine? WOW!

Great Car

by Teacher from Georgia on Fri Jun 15 2007

It flies from 40 to 80, though doesn't accelerate from o-40 as fast as I might have expected. I have the navigation system, which is confusing but really cool when it I get it working. The back seat is big enough to play handball, bigger than in my Suburban. Trunk is smallish, though, so I guess you have to tradeoff for the cavernous back seat. Driver seat gets uncomfortable for my back after an hour or two, hence the lower interior design rating. Stereo is great, and it rides better than our Cadillac did. I get 27-28 miles per gallon on the highway, and 25 around town. Not bad for a car with the kick that this car has. One MAJOR drawback...the headlights. I guess they don't have deer along side the road in Japan. They need to fix this. It is not a problem in the city or on the highway, but on dark country roads you are driving by radar.

Avalon XL

by Roxir from Tucson, rizona on Mon Jan 11 2010

I cant say enough great things about the car. Its the best car I'v wever owned in 30 years....You can't go wrong. I would not hesitate to recommend this car. Thanks Toyota

Great Car-2006 Limited

by U-U-GENE from st. louis,mo on Sun Jun 07 2015

...Purchased this car about 11 months ago...I bought this car expressly to drive on the highway. However, the more I drove it, the more I began to appreciate the qualities of the car. In the city it gets good gas mileage, compared to other cars that are smaller and less comfortable.On the highway, it gets great mileage; usually 25-31MPG.It is deceivingly nimble/agile, quick,smooth,etc..I have two other cars, but when I travel by hwy., I take the Avalon.The front seats/headrests could be more comfortable though (compared to Volvo seats). Another thing,up til now,when I take it to the dealer for service, it checks out fine; with only moderate costs(so far). I recommend that anyone thinking about buying a car to test drive this one.Try it.

Lots of Room and Vroom

by ShinyPate from Santa Barbara, California on Sat Oct 21 2006

I have a 2001 Prius, a 2005 Prius, a MBZ that I turned in, and went in to buy a Camry hybrid. I loved the Camry Hybrid, but on a lark, I test drove the Avalon Limited. WOW! I could not believe that the price difference was only $4,000. I was amazed that the Limited was 20% more car for only a little more money, and came back a day later to buy it. Some decisions are best slept on! Driver comfort was going to be a challenge with any car I bought. I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'3". The car had to be adaptable to both, and it certainly is. I don't know how the drivers who are 6'2 and 6'1 can complain unless they are all legs; I put the seat all the way back, lean the seat back a little, and it's PERFECT. The seats are comfortable, supportive, and almost infinately adjustable. I pleasure to ride in, short or long distance. The climate controls can be split, which is an advantage because my wife likes it warmer than I do. Ditto on the heated/cooled seats, because she doesn't like the cold air but I love it. The performance of the car is nothing short of amazing. Stomp on the gas, it has loads of torque and passes cars easily (your mileage will vary). It's not as light on the gas as my Prius but if you do a lot of highway miles, it will sip a lot slower than a Benz. The lazer controlled cruise control is hard to get used to at first, but is a feature that is quite useful (though is not fog-friendly). There were no defects on delivery (though I had to figure out the GPS package). Styling, both in and out, is very eurocar, and should please almost everyone unless you want a Ferrari. Lots of rounded edges, plenty of storage, a pass-thru to the trunk, full size spare, features through the moonroof, and a lot of car for the money. Seats 5 comfortably, and there is enough back seat legroom to qualify as a limo, or use it as a taxi (which is how I bet it's used in Japan). Reliability for Avalons has always been the best in industry, and I give this car a 9.2 on a 10 point scale. You can't go wrong with this one!

So good, I got another one

by RealTalk1 from Midwest WI on Mon Jan 04 2016

4 years ago, 01/2012, the 06 Avalon XLS was purchased used w/130k miles. I recently traded it in (w/176,260 miles, trade offer was $4100 from dealer) for another 06 Avalon but this time the Limited trim. I don't have the navigation option, but that is fine. So as you can see, the 06 Avalon still had good value 10yrs later w/high mileage. Depends on the dealer too. Anyways, it is true about the reliability as you can see with the mileage and that is why I had no problem getting another one recently with 95k miles to start out with. The Avalon is truly a beast of a car, sorry to sound trendy with using the word "beast" but it is. The ride is luxurious and the engine is smooth and quiet and I would confidently say that this engine is the best V6 out there. This car can really move and merge. It responds to you. Very low in cost maintenance. Only wear and tear stuff. I only had to change the alternator (@175k miles), get 1 new battery, and the ignition coils, (3). You can actually do some yourself, well the front bank ones. That's the other beauty about owning an Avalon, a lot of easy DIY work. The car is 10 yrs old, but its aged well. You won't standout unless you sort of change the look like with tint and of course rims, classy rims though, but other than that or if any cons, its mostly personal preference, like for me, I wish this model/year had the AUX or Bluetooth, but I have my other tech stuff to use, but still. 08 and up I believe have these features, but that could easily be added if I wanted it. Oh, may I please add that the AVALON has the most ridiculous rear room ever. At 6'0 and with a wife that is 5'11, long trips do not hurt at all, no seat adjustments needed, sometimes she rides in the back to use the reclining rear seat, and now my daughter does it too, lol. Best family Sedan to have for room and comfort and gas mileage!!!!!! I will stick with the 3rd Generation Avalons.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Toyota Avalon

The Toyota Avalon full-size sedan is one of the few vehicles I've experienced whose backseat holds as much appeal as the driver's seat, if not more. Even though the Avalon's rear-seat accommodations are especially satisfying, some elements of the driving experience aren't.

The Avalon is, however, impressively quick, both from a standstill and at highway speeds. Toyota claims the Avalon can go from zero to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds, and that time seems entirely believable. Credit the free-revving 268-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 and five-speed-automatic transmission. The transmission has a clutchless-manual mode for those who wish to change gears themselves, but because the engine and... Read More