2006 Toyota Avalon

Luxury, Comfort and Reliability

by from Minnetonka, MN on January 3, 2011

Purchased our second new 2006 Avalon XLS and for a good reason...because it is reliable and gets great gas mileage for a larger sedan. The overall smooth performance from the V6 is very responsive especially when you need quick acceleration. XLS has excellent base features but we purchase ours with upgrades such as Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Brake Assist(BA) and Heated Front Seats which these features are great to have for Minnesota winters. The 6 Disc CD Changer, JBL sound with 12 speakers has got to be one of the best systems around. Our Avalon has also been very reliable since we only have to do standard routine maintenance and a few recall notices only. Never been in the shop for any other work...what a relief this is to us. We truly enjoy the comfort and the spacious room of the car. We always get friends and family saying “Let’s drive your car”. Toyota Avalon is a winner !

Over 100,000 miles and running!!

by from Midwest on March 23, 2012

Purchased this used Avalon that was well over 100,000(130,000 to be exact). The car was in my price range and fuel range, lol. I heard so much about the Toyota Reputation, I know not as of lately, but I said let me check them out, specifically the Avalon. I don't even look at cars with that many miles, unless it was like my first car, but now with a family, I needed a nice roomy car with some style. Well this had all of that. Roomy, modern stylish with family appeal, realiablity and again roomy, did I say that already? I have the XLS trim so I truly appreciate the goodies on this model. I gave it 4 stars for the exterior because the front bumper, the right edge, was sticking out and the tabs on it are broken so I know as time goes on, I will replace it. Its not real obvious, but now having it for 2 months, it is, lol. I hated that I missed that, but luckly its not that much of a pocket damage for fixing, other than that the car was well taken care of. I would recommend this car and I also recommend to purchase used and make sure you do your research. I plan to keep this car until it wears out, my goal at least until I'm in the 300,000. Right now, I'm at 133,050. Engine runs and sounds like new. Its all about the oil changes. Good luck with you car hunting. God Bless.

THE BEST I'VE EVER OWNED

by from WICHIYA,KS on April 19, 2010

LEASED MY AVALON IN 06 STILL THINK OF IT AS A NEW CAR. AT LEASE END I WILL BUY THE CAR. I CANNOT VISUALIZE A NICER OR MORE COMFORTABLE CAR. THE ONLY THING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS A FOLD DOWN REAR SEAT. THIS CAR HAS POWER, SPEED, COMFORT, LOOKS AND MOST OF ALL IT GIVES ME AND MY FAMILY A GREAT FELLING OF SAFETY.

Awesome and luxurious

by from Burlington, IA on November 29, 2011

This car is fantastic! I love driving it and it is very quiet and the most comfortable car i have been in. It has great power and the model i bought is the limited. If i could i would drive this car all around the country and never get tired of being in the car!!

love my avalon

by from littleton on August 21, 2010

I have a 2006 Avalon that I love... perfect verhicle. Great gas mileage, roomy, plenty of power, great options and an overall awesome value!

Impresses me every time I drive it

by from Florida on June 23, 2009

We have a 2006 Limited w/everything and we're so glad we do. I sold a Mercedes & BMW as soon as we got this one and have our other BMW & Lexus for sale. We're actually looking @ a 2010 Avalon Ltd. as a replacement. I am a car junkie and have always owned Jags(6) Mercedes(9)BMW(4) Lexus LS (2)and other assorted wonders; this Avalon is the PICK OF THE LITTER; Drive it, you'll know what I mean.

Great Car

by from Georgia on June 15, 2007

It flies from 40 to 80, though doesn't accelerate from o-40 as fast as I might have expected. I have the navigation system, which is confusing but really cool when it I get it working. The back seat is big enough to play handball, bigger than in my Suburban. Trunk is smallish, though, so I guess you have to tradeoff for the cavernous back seat. Driver seat gets uncomfortable for my back after an hour or two, hence the lower interior design rating. Stereo is great, and it rides better than our Cadillac did. I get 27-28 miles per gallon on the highway, and 25 around town. Not bad for a car with the kick that this car has. One MAJOR drawback...the headlights. I guess they don't have deer along side the road in Japan. They need to fix this. It is not a problem in the city or on the highway, but on dark country roads you are driving by radar.

Avalon XL

by from Tucson, rizona on January 11, 2010

I cant say enough great things about the car. Its the best car I'v wever owned in 30 years....You can't go wrong. I would not hesitate to recommend this car. Thanks Toyota

Avalon Limited

by from Houston, TX on January 18, 2010

I absolutely love this car. It's as big inside as my Cadillac and I love all of my buttons. The Limited Edition is fantastic! Love the keyless entry!

06 Avalon Ltd

by from Darien, Il on February 23, 2016

I bought this car from my brother, his daughter was driving it. It was a No. Carolina car. 145K mileage and some exterior damage. I have had for about 10 mos. in Chicago. Bringing it up to snuff, new tires brakes etc. It is the 4th Avalon I have owned, all were used. All great buys. Great engine, still rides nicely with up to 30 mph on long distance travel. 98 had 205k when disposed of, 01 has 216k miles still driving. 99 sold with135k used proceeds to buy 06. I like Avalons

Our Expert Review: 2006 Toyota Avalon