2011 Avalon

2011 Toyota Avalon

2011 Toyota Avalon

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota Avalon?

Most Satisfying Car We've Owned

by Happy to own it. from Birmingham, AL on Fri May 13 2011

We purchased the car in November of 2010 after seeing one at our local car show. The overall appearance of the car was the first "wow" and the front seats with adjustable lumbar support and heating were the second. The car has yet to disappoint us in any way. Mileage is as advertised or better and the overall comfort, both driver and passenger, is excellent. The car has abundant power and transfers that power to the wheels effortlessly. We have found only one very small detail to quibble about: the center console could benefit from some form of low level ambient lighting.

Best Automobile I've Ever Owned

by Car Lover from South Florida on Fri Sep 10 2010

If you want a highly reliable auto that looks great and drives like a dream with excellent gas mileage, than purchase a 2011 Toyota Avalon. The power front seats are very comfortable,fully adjustable and are heated and air-conditioned as the situation requires. The leg and head room for the rear seat passengers is incredibly spacious even with the front seats fully back. The voice activated or touch screen controlled navigation and Bluetooth phone systems are remarkably easy to learn to use. This car makes a lengthy trip a pleasure because of it's creature comforts and quiet, smooth ride.

I didn't think it could get better!

by Banker Bob from Milwaukee, WI on Wed May 19 2010

I bought a Limited about a month ago. Had my eye on it ever since the '05 model. I was looking to buy an '09 or '10 model used. After doing some research I found that a new '10 model had $3000 cash back. Couldn't find one that I wanted. A local dealer suggested I drive the new '11 as they had been restyled. I was happily surprised! Loved it! Restyled front end, rear end & dashboard. Plus folding sideview mirrors (finally!) & several other optionals are now standard. The dealer was great. He started out at the invoice figure & we went from there. I was elated. I suppose Toyota is giving their dealers nice incentives to sell the Avalons at prices so much under MSRP, no doubt because of their PR problems. The 3.5 V6 has as much power as a lot of V8s, plus it gets great mileage. I've averaged 26-29 MPG doing combination driving. If you're looking at Infinity or Lexus, do yourself a favor & drive the Avalon. It is the sister car to the Lexus but much more car for the money! Toyota should sell a lot of them.

A Quality Car

by Big R from Central Illinis on Wed Sep 15 2010

After 90,000 miles on my 1995 Avalon Limited and researching several domestic and foreign cars I once again came back to Avalon made in Georgetown, Ky. I have had this car over three months now and can get from 29-32 mpg. on the open road and around 26-27 driving city and country. Lots of bells and whistles inside. Love the XM/Sirrus radio,gps and bluetooth communications. Dealers should consider a training class for new owners on GPS.

This car is reliable as well as dependable.

by retiree from Birmingham, AL on Fri Jul 08 2011

This is my second Toyota. I love the luxury of this car. Everything about it is just great. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable auto.

Third vehicle that I ever owned

by New car buyer from Maryland on Sun Jan 30 2011

I just purchased my Toyota Avalon Limited on November 29, 2010. Very nice car with a smooth ride. I am a car owner that keeps all of my cars for 10 yeears or more and I can see this car lasting me 12 years or more. I have owned an Acura(Honda), Nissan, and now I am giving Toyota a try. So far my Maxima has given me the most longevity but it is too early to tell or compare to longevity of my Avalon. The only feature that should been on my Avalon are sensors that let you know when you are getting close to another vehicle when backing up and changing lanes like the Lexus. Otherwise I am totally satisified a luxury car that takes 87 octane how good does it get.

Avalon - great value

by Opa from Pittsburgh on Wed Aug 31 2011

This car lives up to the hype that it's nearly at the Lexus/Acura level for a lot less money. I think of it as my living room on wheels. Long trips have been very comfortable, with 31 mpg at speeds in the low 70s. Interior noise is not bad, but still an area for improvement.

Third Avalon, Keeps Getting BETTER!!

by Big Al Tampa from 33609 on Thu Oct 20 2011

This is my third avalon, I feel this is even better than a lexus. I was going to "upgrade" to the GS330, However the price difference of over $15,000.00 was not a value. the lexus had re-wheel drive and an electric tilt/telescoping steering wheel, but that was it. They where both wisper quiet on the road and full of ammenities. This is the best value in mid priced luxury cars out there.

Excellant ride. Very comfortable

by Car lover from Maryland on Mon Mar 28 2011

The car has great pick up yet gets excellant milleage for the size of car. Even better, the vehicle uses uses regular gas. With the price of gas continuing to go higher, this is a big plus. The rear seats recline but have not found that a benefit since most riders so far are not interested in that feature. The only complaint is that the back seats do not lie flat so that one can put long things in the trunck that would need to extend to the rear seat.

Wonderful Toyota Avalon

by Ishkabible from Upper Kentucky on Thu Jul 15 2010

My 2011 Toyota Avalon Limited is wonderful. We traded our 2003 Avalon XLS and are extremely pleased by all the features they have added. It is what I expect a Lexus would ride and drive like. Immediately took it on a 2500 mile drive just after getting it and have no problems or reasons for changes.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota Avalon

Done right, there's something about a large sedan that's highly appealing. Good ride comfort, power to spare and plenty of room are attributes that defined the full-size American sedan for decades. That's the type of car Toyota now makes in the form of its Avalon, which got a number of significant updates for the 2011 model year.

The Avalon succeeds at transporting people in complete comfort and surrounding them with a host of luxury trappings. In short, it's the modern reincarnation of the classic American sedan.

The 2011 Avalon is offered in base and Limited trim levels. I tested a Limited model with an as-tested price of $37,884. (To see a side-by-side comparison of the two trims, click here.)

Styling