2013 Avalon

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The sexiest car I have ever owned

by Ft. Bragg Soldier from Fayetteville, NC on July 15, 2013

I just recently purchased the 2013 Avalon XLE Touring in the Sizzling Crimson Mica. By far this was the sexiest car I have car shopped in the months leading up to me buying this car. I have never enjoyed just driving my car until I bought this car. The ride is so smooth, quiet and comfortable. I love the exterior of the car as well. It does not look it has that much room inside just from looking at it, but once you get in, you are just amazed at how much room there is inside. The car itself has turned a lot of heads when i drive down the street or just at red lights. I have had Lexus drivers look at the car as if to say, what is that??? I love it. I feel in love with the touch screen and touch buttons that are on the center console. The only disappointment that I have with the car is that when it is sunny outside it is hard to view the touch screen with the glare on it, I wish that Toyota would have brought the screen down just a bit so the sunlight would not have so much effect on viewing it, but that is not a deal breaking in my book on getting the car. I have surveyed a lot of other car brands with there touch screen and sensitive buttons, and hands down the Avalon has them beat with just how well it responds to your touch and how fast the next page will pop up. Needless to say, I love the car and everything about it. I have never owned a Toyota, but after having this experience with my Avalon I am a fan of Toyota. I bought my car through Rick Hendrick Toyota of Fayetteville, NC and the service I recieved there and continue to recieve is unmatched. If you live in the area and are thinking of getting an Avalon, make sure you ask for Sakeithia Irby. She will take care of you like she did me and she will make sure that you get what you are looking for, for the right price.

Great car, but.....

by rlrash from Colorado Springs, Colorado on September 9, 2013

This is a little hard to write as I love my new 2013 Avalon Limited. The new radar cruise control and blind spot sensors are fantastic! However, I was not totally paying attention when we bought it. We have had a 2006 and a 2011, both of which were great. I knew it was going to be a little shorter than the 2011 and they took away 1.5 gallons on the new gas tank. The biggest issue and I just did not pay attention when buying it (my bad). The bad: The loss of storage features, no room for a tissue box up front, no storage in the arm rest in the back. The holder in the trunk that would hold two gallon jugs of milk when shopping. Also, he smart key system will only work on the front doors, not the rear as in the 2011. Means you have to lock and unlock from the front then deal with the rear. Really awkward when dealing with grandkids. If I had it to do over I would probably have kept the 2011 another year to see how the 2014 comes out and possibly shop around more. Again, if it were not for the 2011 I had I would probably have nothing but praise for it. I also agree with another owners review I saw, it is a little rougher riding in town, but on our recent 3700 mile road trip it was great.

Looks are illusory

by UnhappyINga from North GA on February 27, 2014

First impressions of the 2013 Avalon were, for me, WOW! Ultra comfortable seating, good acceleration and handling for a larger car and the good feeling of knowing what I'm getting, having owned a 1997 Avalon many years ago. So much for the good. Closer inspection revealed some serious fit and finish issues like carpeting pulling away from the front door exit, headliner showing bubbles indicating a rush job at the factory which went out the door anyway. The test drive went well for a time until a sound came from the front wheels akin to a rubbing/scraping noise that the salesperson said was the result of the car 'sitting on the lot too long without being moved...don't worry about it". Say what???? Has Toyota lost its way somewhere along the line? I don't know but I went from genuinely wanting to buy this car to let some other less discerning buyer have at it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Another great Toyota

by Fidstang from Baltimore, Md. on February 18, 2013

A quiet, comfortable and beautiful car that floats over the pot holes, glides on the highway and makes you forget that you are actually driving.

Totally different

by easy rider from Boynton Beach FL on February 7, 2013

My new Avalon is quiet , comfortable and fun to drive. It takes the curves well , is quick, and gets good mileage. Thoroughly modern and up to date. It's a real looker too! Love the touch controls that eliminate many knobs and buttons. Toyota really hit a home run with this one.

So Far So Good

by Tag48 from Philadephia, PA on March 24, 2013

Just bought the car. Thus far I am very pleased except for a few issues. One, the trunk is far less roomy than the 2002 Avalon XLS I had previously. There are too many gadget displays, which frankly are more distracting than helpful The side mirrors are smaller than on my previous vehicle, though they are articulated. Had to give it a Reliability rating though I have only owned it a week, so the rating is based on previous Avalon. This is a very comfortable car that handle better than earlier version and has far less road noise.

Beware of buying the 2013 Avalon Limited

by Sorry Toyota Buyer from Tampa Fl on September 7, 2013

I've owned this car for less than a week and have 2 problems with it, the back of the driver side seat panel broke and the headliner is falling down. The sad part of this story is that Toyota knows about these problems and kept letting dealers sell this defective car. This is not an isolated incident, check Toyota Nation to read other owners with this same issue. Toyota is finally issuing a bulletin to the dealer on these problems. The dealer will fix it under warranty but I don't feel the same, I expect a new car to be trouble free not have to be rebuilt.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent automobile

by deak from Laguna Niguel, CA on January 26, 2013

My wife and I are very happy with my new Avalon and look forward to enjoying its reliability and performance for many years.

Avalon Limited Exceeds Expectations

by fordconvert from Minneapolis, Mn on January 19, 2013

Wonderful car in all respects. Tighter ride than past Avalons I've owned and tracks much better as well. So far I'm very pleased with Toyota's efforts to make it a better handling automobile. No more "floating" down the freeway or horsing it around city streets. Great fun to drive it on either of those venues now. Be prepared to spend time with the owner's manuals the first couple of weeks, as all the electronics make it necessary to study all the functions of the various electronic wonders the car comes equipped with. A superior car overall.

Would not have bought the car but,

by MDC from Seaside, California on August 23, 2013

Visited Toyota on another matter and do not buy new cars, but rather wait for a low mileage, used car. The redesigned Avalon was just too much to pass by. I bought the XLE Touring in Champagne color and could not be happier. Went across the street to see the comparable Lexus; liked the Avalon better for less money. Beautiful inside and out, great styling, features and a pleasure to drive. I would have never bought the earlier Avalon design. They have done a great job. Only negative is the low profile tires seem to be a bit rough, but plan on replacing with Michelins to soften the ride, but still provide the grip. Rumor has it, that a check of the air pressure (with a lowering of the psi) might help. Enjoy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10