2016 Avalon

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The Lexus that Lexus doesn't make

by Value Seeker from Kennesaw, GA on February 20, 2016

The 2016 Toyota Avalon is such a hidden jewel. With many other luxury cars to choose from, this one should definitely be considered. No longer is it stodgy and bland like the previous generation. It's styled much nicer inside and out. The ride quality, comfort, performance, and styling is very similar to a Lexus ES350. I compared it to my friend's 2014 ES350 and besides the interior styling and front end, they were very similar! The potent V6 engine delivers more than enough power for the average person, and the transmission shifts smoothly and will even do it's own braking (engine braking) when needed, to save brake wear. However, after 4500 miles already, I am starting to notice many different squeaks and rattles in the cabin, and some wind noise making it through the driver's side window. The steering wheel also makes a crackling sound like crunching a plastic water bottle when turning at low speeds. Other than that, the luxury you get for your money is definitely worth the look and buy!

The Perfect Vehicle

by City Dweller from Westfield,MA on December 16, 2015

I love the updates on the 2016 Avalon. I picked mine up last night. My favorite feature has to be the new available LED lights. I definitely recommend the Avalon to be at the top of your list if you're in the market.

Sixth Toyota owned since 1972

by Toyota Loyalist from Plymouth Meeting, PA on February 12, 2016

The 2016 Avalon Toyota Premium gives a smooth ride. The outside has beautiful lines and stunning appearance. The navigation electronics are great and user friendly. It also has a nice moon roof which gives a beautiful openness .This engine has plenty of power and rides good!! Would highly recommend it.

most reliable car I've ever owned

by Randle fc from on October 15, 2016

Love everything about my car Performance, interior design everything Especially the reliability and exterior too

One of the Best full size Cars

by Happyavalonbuyer from Orange County Ca on March 24, 2017

Everything other reviewers had said about the car is true. I am happy with my 2016 Toyota Avalon I purchased back in October 2016. The only thing that I don't like is the cruise control is placed in a weird place and also the fuel economy computer is weird calculating average and distance to empty. Sometimes it tells me that tank is almost empty and I can only drive for another 30 miles and go to the gas station and gets filled with only 13 gallons or less when capacity is 17 gallons. Fuel economy is great for highway, with no traffic. Sometimes I get up to 33 mpg, but in the other hand, stop and go traffic, lots of streets or short trip it goes down to 18 and I get overall average of 23mpg combined. Toyota care is a great perk that comes with the car. I am happy with my purchase. White pearl color with black interiors is beautiful and classy. Leather seats are soft

Alot for the money

by hatch from Woodburn , Indiana on April 9, 2016

My 2015 Toyota Avalon is my third Avalon. I have had "0" problems . The luxury and performance you get for the money is a real bargain.

Sweet ride.

by Jim in Florida. on April 7, 2018

Great car, rides so well and is so quiet, I found I was speeding everywhere I went. Had to start using the cruise, to keep a clean license. This car (the Limited) has so many features for the money, they should sell a boatload of them. Test drive one, and you WILL,buy it.

I Love my Toyota! Most effecient cars ever!

by Susan... An Avalon owner from Chicopee, Mass on March 11, 2017

I am so happy that I made the change to the Avalon... It is so comfortable and easy to drive. It's beautiful and I have no regrets turning in my Toyota SE. The Avalon is a different class all together. Thank you Jerzy Bielski for all your help

Toyota far none!

by Best car for your dollars, TOYOTA! from Bakersfield, CA on April 20, 2017

I've had Toyotas For 46 years! What's important to me is their reputation, reliability, and low cost maintenance. The Avalon meets all my expectations and more! I can take my family on a long trip and know it's safety and reliability that makes me very proud to drive and own this Toyota! I have recommended Toyotas to all my friends and family without any regrets. Want a car that gives the most for your dollar, Toyota!

Carefully shopped and compared

by Old Doc from Brookeville MD on March 31, 2017

Wanted to replace 5 year old luxury hybrid with one with new safety technology. Examined Mercedes, Lexus, Genesis, Lincoln and Toyota. Everything I wanted at great price with long-term warranty and maintenance included in negotiations. Frustrated with technology complexity with others, Avalon's was user-friendly and filled with positive surprises of more flexibility for individualizing information than expected. Ride and quiet are great - mileage not hybrid-level but better than expected. mostly, it feels solid, safe and extremely comfortable. Looking forward to years of enjoyment.

1 2 3 4 5