2009 Toyota Camry consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Camry Toyota
Shop the 2009 Camry Toyota
3.0

Buyer Beware

The 2009 Camry had an oil consumption manufacturing problem which Toyota did not correct. I have been told by an owner that this problem also exists for 2010 models. I would have recommended this vehicle, if it had not been for this problem.

A very reliable car.

Few repairs and economic car to operate. A mid size car that rides well and comfortable transports 5 adults. Great gas mileage and a good long distance travel car.

Only one of 4 Toyota's I've owned in my lifetime.

Great car. Owned this 2009 Toyota Camry XLE for 11 years with minimal problems. Used for commuting to and from school and occasional out-of-town trips.

3.1

Only Toyota I've owned that uses oil !!

I've owned a 90 Camry I got over 300000 miles when frame rusted out and a 1986 Corolla with the same reliability until frame rusted out.But this 09 Camry I bought started drinking oil at 140000 miles about a quart every 800 hundred miles!!Definety not the same as the others I owned,and truly loved ! Toyota is aware of this issue with the 07 thru 09 3azfe engine and should be on a recall a.I still owe for this one can't afford to get rid of it ? It's prefect every were else interior to ride and appearance!! Maintenance is religious and 140000 miles on a toyota isn't high mileage!

This car has 314,000and is still running well.

Serves all my needs and keeps running and looks good. This pretty much covers my review and trust my next car will do as well.

MOST DEPENDABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

This car was briefly used for ridesharing and always received complements on it's CLEANLINESS, COMFORTABILITY, SMOOTH RIDE, and SAFETY. The XLE has the LUXURY of a Lexus at a fraction of the cost!

Nice car

Reliable car and maintain its value. Good asset. So I do recommend any one to own Camry because of its good reputation and good selling value

2.7

Reliable but can’t see out windshield

Reliable and good on gas, but dash melting glare so bad hard to see out. Have called to file a report but guess will have to wait till a lot of accidents to get anything done. I have see other complaints on this but not willing to replace dash. So have to get another car before I wreck. Love the performance but can’t see out windshield to drive it. My dash is so bad and so sticky bugs love it.

Most reliable car that our family owned

This car met all of our needs. It's comfortable, safe and reliant. The Toyota Camry is built to last for a long time. We kept in in great condition!

All I do is replace Tires, Battery, Oil and Gas

I have 63K miles, and the car still runs and looks brand new. One thing I did learn is that burning 89 octane gas really improves the power and gas mileage for the 4 cylinder engine. I do get some oil burn off as I start getting closer to oil change time. So best to check it periodically.