2016 Toyota Camry

Pleasantly Surprised

by from Minneapolis, MN on April 27, 2016

This is my first Toyota and I am very happy for it. I have the 2016 Se Special Edition. It's sporty, it's pretty, it's comfortable...and bigger than it looks. As far as gas mileage is concerned, I get an average (after 6700+ miles) of 33.601 mpg actual. The computer always is around 1-1.5 mpg higher. My best tank was 41.1 mpg and the most miles ever on one tank was 648.2 miles. I am averaging nearly slightly over 515 miles per tank. I have a pet peave about the fuel tank and how much fuel it really holds. The manual and pretty much everything says it holds 17.0 gallons.. seems simple enough. The troubles begin with the fact that it shuts the pumps down around 14.5 gallons... that is NOT 17. I can trigger fill it but it's time consuming and kinda worries me. I have put in 17.856 gallons one time... so it will hold over 17 total but is REALLY only a 14.5 gallon tank if you follow the specific rules. I will finally test it this week, running it empty, to see how much it holds. I have never in my life had an issue like this and I'm over 50 with MANY cars. I love my little car, it does more than I expected out of it, and I plan on putting massive miles on it. Hope this helps a little bit. Real data.

Love my new car

by from Henderson, NV on May 12, 2016

Traded my 09 Corolla in on the new 2016 Camry. What a difference! Roomier, great features, love the color. I had an 07 Camry and this new model is more sleek and sporty looking.

Best car for the money

by from Weatherford tx on April 23, 2016

We have always had a pickup but wanted a car this time did a lot of research and we desided on the camry. Best thing we have ever done. Great car with plenty of room.re

Usually very reliable

by from Sacramento, CA on November 2, 2015

It is basic reliable transportation. As with most cars, too much of a blind spot is created by the door frames. If i could reach the engineers who design cars, I would recommend that the top part of the door frames be made of the toughest transparent plastic reinforced with a slim steel rod.

camry se w/4 cal

by from hollywood fl on April 16, 2017

I rented a 2016 toyota camry se over the weekend for short 3 hour out of town jaunt driving over mostly interstate. The 2.5 cylinder engine performed great, surprisingly smooth and responsive and was importantly not obtrusive when gas pedal was stomped on. interior Leg room for 4 adults, 2 being large and other 2 being average. One adult is 6'2" and another is 6'0", the taller sat in front and had plenty of leg room, the other sat in back and leg room was good. Back seat provided average comfort based on 2 backseat passenger comments. Gas mileage was very good, got approximately 500 Miles on one tank of gas, combo of highway and city driving and that was over a 3 day period. No lets get to the not so positive about the car, I am a heavyset guy 5'9" around 235 so leg room was not an issue however the fronts seat have no padding to speak of and provide no thigh support. The ergonomics of the front seats were obviously an after though for toyota. The headrest on front seats cause your head to tilt forward, which after a while caused neck pain. The very lack of seat padding and thigh support made it very uncomfortable to drive after only being on highway for well less than an hour. One thing to note about front passenger seat is that it was not power, I don't know if that is not an option on se model or not but in this day and age I cannot understand why that wasn't standard in this model. Another obvious negative about the car was the excessive road and wind noise at highway speeds. Every little gust of wind, expecaily while driving at highway speeds, the car always let you know it was breezy/windy outside.This aspect of the cars design must have been an afterthought for toyota designers. When driving over course pavement, this car makes sure you are well aware of it. I was very surpringsly disappointed at the comfort issues experienced with the camry especially after all the positive consumer and auto expert reviews. I have taken the camry off of my list of cars considering due to significant seat comfort and sigwind/road noise

new camry experience

by from chgo. il on July 20, 2016

very positive driving experience so far. this is going on to the 3 week. the camry handles well, info system is straight forward ,gas mileage good and obvious good exterior appearance.

2016 Camry XSE

by from Burlington,VT on December 16, 2015

Couldn't be any happier with my 2016 Camry XSE. 5 stars is a no brainer. Easily the best midsize vehicle in the market!

1st 4 cylinder I owned

by from Chicaago on March 15, 2016

Really good handling, acceleration could be greater, but than I would not get the great gas mileage.

Great Car

by from Houston, TX on January 4, 2016

I shopped the competition, test driving Accords and Mazda6's due to favorable ratings on Car and Driver, etc. I really tested the Camry in the interest of due diligence because I have several friends and family members who have had really good luck with Toyota vehicles. Even though the specs wouldn't suggest it, the Camry felt as sporty to me as the Honda and the Mazda6 but added some additional comfort and smoothness. I'm really happy with the car so far (it's still brand new). The four-banger has enough pep for me and is getting good fuel mileage even before break-in. I like the fact that Toyota hasn't completely bought in to the "alternative transmission" trend other manufacturers are following. I don't care for CVT or automated manuals. This is a nice, port-injected, torque-converter auto family sedan that I hope lasts a long time. It replaced a Ford that had become unreliable at only 3 years old. Long live Toyota!

Best Decision I've made this year

by from ATLANTA on May 28, 2016

I Got my 2016 Toyota Camry From Toyota South of Atlanta where the Service was outstanding! They Treated me with the decency that I loved and was very informative. My salesson represent Javon was absolutely tremendous, working from all facets to help me drive off in my awesome new Camry. This car has everything I need and more and is incredible! Thanks Toyota South of Atlanta. You guys have my vote!

Our Expert Review: 2016 Toyota Camry