Model Details

4.4
Average based on 20 reviews

great

by from LA on February 28, 2010

bought it used in 2004 w 70000 miles. right now it has 170000. total repairs in more than 6 years - $1000. sensor, radiator, 2 batteries - never been in a shop for more than half a day.

12 years and going

by from Smyrna, TN on March 13, 2012

I bought this car when it had 128,000 miles on it. I traveled the country for a living and now my 2000 Toyota Solara 4 Cyl. has 233,567 miles on it. I do have a cracked radiator that I need to have replaced, however, I have only replaced the battery, starter and spark plugs. For the money, I think this is a great second car for a 20+ year old and I like the reliability so far. I'm shooting for 20 years! Prob not gonna happen, but 12 years is pretty great.

Verey Satisfied owner

by from Yarmouth, Maine on April 28, 2012

Bought this car in June 2000 and have had ONE problem with it. Rear strut cost $700. to fix it. Would do it all over again.

Excellent all around

by from Philadelphia, PA on January 5, 2010

I bought my 2000 Solara SE used from a Honda dealer in July, 2002. It had about 20,000 miles then. It's a V6, manual transmission, with the premium JBL sound, leather, and power everything. I love this car. It's been perfect. It's only needed regularly scheduled maintenance in the 8 years I've owned it. There was one time (in 2008) the check engine light went on because it needed a new Oxygen sensor. It was a relatively cheap repair and normal for a car of it's age. My car is not the convertible. I wonder if the person with the body flex issues has the convertible version. I also still have the original spark plugs. They still work perfectly. This car is a pleasure to drive. It looks great too. It has great pickup and handling, good gas milage for a V6, it's very quiet at highway speeds and handles great at high speed. The suspension is noticeably better (tighter) than my wife's 1999 Camry LE, as is the sound system and interior materials quality. Gotta love the leather bound steering wheel, shifter and seats. Today, 1-5-2010, the car is 10 years old and it still drives like it was the day I bought it. My wife just got a new (2009) Sonata with all the extras and I'm not in the least bit jealous. Sincerely, Michael

WILL NEVER SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE

by from ACWORTH GA. on December 22, 2010

IT IS SO NICE TO FIND HONEST AND CARING PEOPLE TO HELP MEET YOU CAR BUYING NEEDS............... HAVE NEVER FOUND SUCH HONESTY AFTER BUYING CARS FOR OVER 30 YEARS....I WILL RECOMENT MY CHILDREN TO DO BUSINESS HERE. THE USED CAR PEOPLE.........

Hidden luxury + reliability

by from Jersey City, NY on August 20, 2010

Spacious, super comfortable and reliable. Fluids and regular maintenance is all it needs. Butter soft ride is definitely nice. Alot miss out on this gem since it's not very recognizable.

Oustanding

by from New Jersey on September 6, 2011

By far the best car I've ever had the pleasure of driving. As this was my first car, I have driven and worked on several cars in the prior to this one and I was pleasantly surprised by its durability. The car has style, reliability, and maneuverability to say the least. It's a very enjoyable and safe car; and I would recommend it to anyone.

11 years and counting

by from Austin, TX on December 12, 2011

Now passing 100,000 miles, my Solara runs smooth and has few failures. A given for a Toyota. Still fun to drive? Well, that's another issue. The convertible has a weakness.. It's not as solid as a hard top, so I feel more vibration. The Texas sun has worked its magic on the wood grain (plastic) trim, but the leather has held up well. The blindspots due to the top can be offset by adding a wide view backup camera. Nevertheless, when the temp passes 70, the excitement comes back - with plenty of room to seat 4.

LUV IT!

by from Palos Heights, Il. on June 23, 2012

I bought my car new, and 12 years later am still driving it. The "biggest" problem I have is that I must "TEACH" other drivers HOW THE CAR IS TO BE DRIVEN. It requires the maintenance, like any other car-nothing major!

very reliable car all I had to do was oil changes

by from Greeley, Colo on April 23, 2012

I had this car for 4 years and didn't have any problems I put 40,000 miles on it and only had to change the oil every 3,000 miles. GREAT CAR.