2000 Celica

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Best car I've ever owned

by sherryann325 from Dunkirk on September 29, 2010

I've had my 2000 Toyota now for 10 years. It is the best car I have ever owned!! It has just turned to 152,000 miles. It still runs great! I've never had any problem with it except the cadilidic coverter. Other than that, it has been just general maintenance! I keep the oil changed every 3 - 5000 miles. New set of brake pads in 2006. I've just had the fuel injecters cleaned, added a new fuel filter and just put my 4th set of tires on it! I take really good care of her! I will have this car forever! Very sporty to look at and with the 5 speed, it's soo fun to drive. My only regret with this car is that I couldn't afford the GT-S at the time. I will definately buy one if I find one that hasn't been too ragged out by some kid. This car is extremely reliable and gets very good gas mileage. I will never get rid of it. I'm hoping to get to at least 400,000 miles. Can't understand why Toyota quit selling this model?? It's the coolest car they ever made!

2000 Toyota Celica GT

by 6 Year Celica Driver from on November 2, 2009

I have had the car for 6 years. No problems, handles really well in the winter and overall, great on gas 25 bucks and I can drive it for three weeks. It is a comfortable 2 seater cannot complain.

2000 Celica GT-S, first road legal go-kart?

by weekend warrior from Bend, Oregon on April 16, 2008

Interior- The interior is simple and very attractive, easy at a quick glance to read the guages, climate controls are to the point, space is limited but what do you expect from a sports car? Exterior-The exterior is a work of art. Great looking front and sides, rear is a bit plain but put a trd spoiler on to spice it up. Stock rims (16in) look really nice and complement the cars styling very well. Performance- 5 out of 5! really revvy engine with redline at 7800rpm and fuel cutoff at 8400rpm! VVTL-i is very well developed and lift (like vtec in honda) kicks in hard for great power delivery in the topend of the rpm range. Not going to beat the corvettes down the street but faster than a very very large majority of cars on the road with a 0-60 time of around 6.6 sec. Handling- For the money this cars (stock) is in its own catagory. Love twisties and tracks. Great for autocrossing and weekend racing. Rough ride for everyday driving but again its a sports car... Overall I would highly recommend this car! Its been around sence the 70's so toyota is doing something right. Great fuel economy (33mpg average) and reliability is the first thing that pops up when someone says the name. I love this car and would recommend it to anyone!

2000 toyota celica gt

by tommyb from lehighton, pa on November 5, 2009

has 138000 and had no issues. replaced the clutch and that was it. has no leaks and a very dependable car.

Very reliable

by Bill from Wisconsin on March 6, 2015

I used to drive a Subaru Outback. When I switched over to this car, the upgrade in gas mileage was tremendous. I went from getting about 27mpg highway to about 34. My celica now has over 200 thousand miles on it and I have only had to replace a cracked windshield. This car is relatively quick (good acceleration). I have never owned a car so reliable. I am over 6' and I don't feel that my leg room is restricted as with many cars. I have not had many problems in the winter. I commute over an hour to work everyday this car has treated me well. I will be surprised if this thing ever dies. Though, if it does, I would absolutely get another.

Great car

by 1st time manual driver from Athens, GA on October 31, 2006

With all the highway driving I do, this Celica gets far better mileage than my 94 Dodge Intrepid. It handles well and is a fun first manual.

Best MPG and Performance

by nismo350z from buffalo, ny on November 2, 2013

I have owned a Celica hrs for the past 7 years. Bought itfrom my dad, it was his sports car. The engine makes a growl sound and sounds amazing. It's fun to drive and the transmission is very responsive. There are some common problems with the older ones like sybchros, lift bolts and door locks. Now it is my winter vehicle and it's still as fun to drive as day one.

Unique and somewhat rare + reliability performance

by megazeus from on March 23, 2017

Super quick up to 35 mph. Solid toyota reliability. Low and difficult to get in/out of. But you get a lot of agility with that lowness. 17 years old with 162k miles and still get 30 miles to the gallon.

Extremely reliable, easy to drive

by Sanzr from Long Island NY on October 19, 2017

Loved this car. Roomier in the back than appears. Very comfortable drive for front passenger. Quick, powerful, and decent drive in inclement weather

Fun driving

by stick shift from Santa Barbara, CA on January 3, 2007

This Celica has 6 speed stick shift with an engine that can run up to 6.8krpm. A lot of room to play with shifting the gears, and this car handles really well. The brakes are all disk-brakes with ABS, and they work well!

1 2 3