I picked up a 2000 Celica GTS with most of the options in 2001. It has the leather seats, abs, sun roof, 16" rims, and the 6-speed stick manual shift. Since 01', I have put close to 90,000 miles on ...
I picked up a 2000 Celica GTS with most of the options in 2001. It has the leather seats, abs, sun roof, 16" rims, and the 6-speed stick manual shift. Since 01', I have put close to 90,000 miles on it with no mechanical problems. First the positives. . .
1)Lights turn on automatically when dark. I never have to worry about leaving my lights on.
2)The car doors lock automatically when you turn on the ignition and unlock when you turn off the car. Pretty intuitive. The remote entry is very convenient.
3) Leather seats are comfortable with nice adjustments for the driver. I am 6' and had no trouble lowering the seat so my head didn't touch the top.
4) Despite what I've read in other reviews, unless you're huge, the back seat is actually quite comfortable with cup holders for backseat passengers
5) Power is strong once you're up to highway speeds. You'll have no trouble going up hills and passing slower cars. It has a cool racecar sound.
6) From my perspective, this car corners really well and is tight.
7) Huge amount of trunk space
8) This is one good-looking car.
Negatives. . .
1) Poor acceleration out of the gate: Sometimes, I feel it runs like a dog. Maybe this is because I have been too cheap to put premium gas in it. But that's another negative considering today's gas prices.
2) No trunk button in the front of the car: I'm sure Toyota put this for security purposes, but it's annoying to have to turn off the car, get out and use your key to open the trunk when airport security is asking you to open it.
3) Shifting is difficult: This is not an easy car to drive. Plus, never, never, never buy a stick in LA unless you don't do any commuting.
4) Visibility is poor: It's hard to see behind.
5) No space for a full spare tire
6) Front grill is cool looking, but I catch piles of garbage in it.
7) Metal petals are cool, but they quickly lost their shiny chrome appearance
8) Sun roof scratches too easily. A cat jumped on top of the car one time, and now it has a million scratches on it.
9) Not an easy car to get in or out of. Think 2 big heavy doors in tight spaces. It's so low to the ground that you have to turn sideways and lift yourself out.
Good, reliable car in spite of negatives.