1991 Toyota Corolla

Great Car for the money

by from Rockledge, FL on February 25, 2007

159,000 and still rolling strong. Great car for work. Not fancy to look at but keeps on running and gets 28 to 30 mpg.

i owned one just like and it ran forever

by from Silsbee,Texas on September 4, 2012

yes this is the perfect car for anyone trying to save money! put $30.00 in gas and u can go forever.

Best car we've ever owned

by from Olive Bridge, NY 12461 on July 13, 2014

Bought ours new in 1992. Now has 389,000 miles on it. entire car original except starter and alternator, not counting normal maintenance items ie: timing belt (6) and spark plugs & wires. Still running on original clutch and exhaust system. Still get 36 to 42 mpg. Might consider a new one if this one ever dies.

Most reliable, yet easy to maintain car I own.

by from Houston, TX on January 30, 2013

I never bought this car, but it was given to me free from a friend of mine who just let this car sat in his garage. I installed a new battery with a new positive terminal and this baby fired right up. Also, I did a tune-up with new plugs, distributor and cap, and fuel system cleaning with Seafoam. Furthermore, I also replaced vital gaskets, such as the oil pan gasket and the valve cover gasket, easy task. Finally I had my transmission rebuilt due to its failure, but was a cheap, quality job done. Since my transmission was getting rebuild, I took the time to have the rear main seal replaced. The only thing wrong with this car is its interior space. I'm over 6 feet and and its kinda cramp in my car. I just drive it for work and errands. Nonetheless, this is a very good, reliable car that I ever had. I still own this car and I intend to restore it and keep it for another 5-6 years. I had it since 2010 and I hope to keep it until 2020. This is the best work car for me! Easy on gas and not expensive to fill up!

Spunky little thing.

by from Portland, OR on June 9, 2013

This was my first (and only, as of yet) car. I have owned it for just over 5 years, bought it used in 2008. The car now has roughly 204,000 miles on it and will not quit. It leaks oil and must be topped up every couple months but that is to be expected. The most major repairs I have had to do during my ownership are a clutch replacement and an alternator replacement about a year after the clutch. A quick tune-up three years after the previous one, and it passed DEQ with flying colors. As other reviewers have mentioned, it's easy on gas - I put $20 roughly once a week, driving about 24 miles a day to and from work. Performance-wise, it's actually kinda fun! Gets up and goes from a stop light, or what have you, with quite a bit of enthusiasm. If the engine is well-tuned it rarely loses speed on all but the steeper hills. Gets on the freeway and CAN reach 80 (I have gotten mine to 90) - however, above 70 or so, the vibration does get fairly intense and, really, how often do you need to go faster than that? This car has done a road trip along the Oregon Coast with an engine badly in need of tuning, 860 miles round trip, got me to work the day after I got home no troubles - in fact it was about three weeks later that I actually did the work it needed. Space: headroom is fine (though the fabric sags), legroom leaves a bit to be desired but overall, it is comfortable enough even on long drives - stop for a quick stretch of the legs every 60 miles or so and you're golden. Overall, I love this car. Which is why I have written this veritable essay about it. Considering some of the punishment I've put it through, it performs admirably. This would be a fantastic starter vehicle for a teenager or just for anyone to get around in. Put some work into it, replace parts as needed, it WILL NOT DIE.

Very Reliable Car

by from Fairfax, VA on May 22, 2007

Its great on gas and a great car for students who drive, very reliable. Never had problems with it. It will last for another 12 years or more depending on on time maintainence. The A/C is very cold.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Wichita, KS on October 20, 2008

Even though my Corolla is now at the point where I need to get parts replaced here and there, the car will not die. Incredibly reliable, great gas mileage, very maneuverable, and conveniently small. If only it wouldn't rust...