2012 Corolla

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Frugal but fun

by Frugal from Raleigh, NC on September 7, 2012

The 2012 Toyota Corolla S is a great little car. It's sporty styling keeps it fun, but the practicality of it- great gas mileage, smooth shifting, functional interior, and low price- help it to be frugal. The handling is actually quite tight and hugs the road well. The transmission is responsive, with a nice easy downshift to third available if you need a little passing punch. It's roomy enough for 3 kids in the back (or two average size adults) and the trunk is big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs and a couple of suitcases. The S model has a few extras besides the sporty styling- the interior, while black in color, is made of a sport styled material that is not too hot and is great for spills because they wipe right off. Cons- center console is a bit too small for storage or putting your arm on as an armrest- could be a couple inches longer at least. Power is still on the low end. It would be nice for an option to upgrade the engine or some other possibility for a little more passing or take off juice. So for as small as the engine is- the gas mileage could be better since it's not oozing with power. Overall a fantastic car at a great value with tremendous reliability.

still new

by timw from Eastern Mass. on April 4, 2012

400 miles so far. Still new. My last car went 241,500 miles (not a Corolla). But I hope to get this car as far or further; we'll see! And so far it is a great car! Speed and acceleration, perfectly satisfactory. I'm 6'4" and tall from the waist up. Head room good. (I cannot fit in a lot of cars!) Seat comfort and driving comfort: Very good. Rear seat: as good as any, better than some. Fold down, with trunk access - cool! Accesories: Radio, cd, telephone capability, USB port, super sound: for an old guy like me, wow! Very good h-rated tires. Road manners, handling, ride: very good. I have a friend who got a BMW 3-series, a whole different car. But in the long distance race for total miles, I'll win. In maintenance and gas costs, I'll win. In insurance and tax costs, I'll win. In purchase price, I won. In every category that's remotely reasonable, I win. In car envy from others, he wins. In looks from babes, he wins (but he's married with two children). In passsenger comfort, I win(!). His car will do 145 mph. I cannot safely drive any car faster than 80 mph (and probably neither can you!) Everyone knows that the Toyota Corolla is one of the best cars in the world in every category that makes any sense. What else do you want?!

Great car for college student

by Baseball mom from Stafford, VA on July 21, 2013

This car is a great car for a college student who has to worry about paying for gas and maintenance. Gets great gas mileage and has lots of room for bringing stuff back to school. It is comfortable for a small car and the Bluetooth and satellite radio is wonderful to have ....so is the Navigation.

Driving my new Toyota Corolla LE

by Toyota Fanatic from Indianapolis, IN on April 28, 2012

After several weeks of window shopping for a new vehecle, I finally settled for a 2012 Toyota Corolla LE. What is most impressive about this vehicle is the comfort and durability you experience while driving. In addition, this vehicle comes with world class safety features that is second to none. This gives me ease of mind when driving with my wife and kids. Talk about gas milleage - this vehicle gives you supper high gas milleage especially on the highway. I most certainly would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great car!

by Car Hugger from Arizona on January 7, 2013

I like my corolla. It has everything I need and gets me to point a to point b. Also I like how it has ipod and blue tooth. Had it for a few months and I am impressed.

Simply the most reliable

by KarmaCorolla from on February 28, 2017

I purchased this car new in late 2012 when I was a hit and run victim, destroying my previous car. This car lasted for over 132,000 miles over 4.5 year when the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes causing me to hit him, and causing me to be hit from behind. It was a sad day because this car and I had been through a lot. She was totaled out by my insurance on Feb. 21 '17. This car..., she was special to me. She never gave me any problems, zero. The water pump was just starting to develop a small leak, but she was running as good as the day I bought her. I would have this car for at least another 2 years at least, if it wasn't for that 'jack wagon'in front of me, and I miss her. My new car is also a Corolla, but it'll never be the same as my 2012.

First new car

by Party Girl from Austin, TX on April 16, 2012

The 2012 Corolla S provides excellent value with great gas mileage and reasonable performance. The car is comfortable to drive and easy to maneuver. We have had the car only two months and 3000 local miles (already), and it is perfect. The only minor complaint is we have not found a light to indicate when the windshield washer fluid is running low.

"Great Car"

by Fuel minded from Hutto,Tx. on October 1, 2012

We bought 2013 Corolla S, It's a great car. Standard this year ia a 5 inch screen w/Blue tooth. Rides nice, looks great. Color megnetic Grey and upgraded wheels w/ low profile tires and sun roof . We had this car month, average gas 27.5. The head rest is too far forward. runs and shift beautifly. Power mirror adjuster is hidden behind the steering wheel

Good Car

by Toyota LE from Floral ave,Ithaca, NY,14850 on February 7, 2014

I would like to thank to a friend at Maguire Family of Dealerships name started with H and Sh that explain me everything about this toyota corolla 2012. This is a good car and reliable vehicle.

What can I say.... it's a Toyota

by prezteach from Maumelle, AR on June 29, 2017

I bought my 2012 Corolla brand new 5 years ago with just 12 miles on it. Since then I have added over 129,000 miles and have had VERY minimal maintenance. I have the 1.8 liter engine and it is super easy to maintain. The interior is just okay. The plastic door handle area on the interior is not the best quality (mine cracked in half on the inside of the door). I'm a guy that stands at 5'11, and the backseat foot space behind the driver seat is not the best. Average height drivers will notice that once they move their seat back to a comfortable position, the backseat legroom is minimal. Other than those small things, the car has been great!! I am wanting to purchase a Tacoma next. You can't go wrong with a TOYOTA!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8