2017 Corolla iM

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best car I have driven!

by ABehr from St Mary's, GA on June 20, 2017

I traded in my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback for the 2017 Toyota Corolla iM & I would do it again no matter what! The car is great with a lot of safety features it has a sporty Hatchback look to it it's not the fastest car out there but it looks sharp especially with the LED daytime running lights everybody at work has been asking me where I got it & have been saying it's a nice "whip" hahaha! It is also great on fuel & will show you a realtime progress bar on how much MPG you're using whether you're cruising or you're flooring it & flying down a road after you hit the sport button lol definitely a must buy!

Small car engine performance/ride cannot beat!

by ThisGirlLovesCars from Pennsylvania on July 17, 2017

This car is for everyone who loves performance but doesn't want to spend a fortune. The sport mode ( versus economy mode) gives you extra power just when you need it using regular gas. It's beautiful lines are sporty but it has a generous hatchback and it seats are really comfortable. My only complaint is it doesn't come with a sunroof but it can be added aftermarket. Also, Toyota reliability. It's just a great car!

Unofficial safety test

by ImAlive from Massachusetts on October 21, 2017

I owned this vehicle for two months when I was involved in a head-on crash -- the other guy turned left into my front left corner. I was going straight at about 25 MPH and he was coming at me at about 15-20 MPH - solar glare impaired his vision. The car was totaled, but I walked away with only minor injuries. Airbag deployment and seat belts did their jobs extremely well. I do love this model, and am about to go buy the same thing. It's hard to find so many bells and whistles in a manual shift, at this price range. It has almost all the same safety/entertainment features as my wife's new Subaru Outback, at half the price. In fact, the bluetooth system is the exact same as in the Subaru (without satellite radio). Pros: handles well, comfortable interior (I find the seats way more comfortable than comparable Honda or Mazda), safety features (!), audio sound and ease of use, passenger compartment storage, automatic lights and high beams Cons: acceleration is not great (as others have said), bluetooth connection hesitates often, taking a few seconds to connect, rear seat legroom is small (but totally fine for toting kids), rear window visibility is not as large as I'd like. Keyless start would be nice to add in future iterations. The shift into reverse is unusual and takes some getting used to. MPG average for those first couple of months was around 30, mostly in-town driving.

Fun car to drive

by Allan from Lake Worth, Fl. on March 7, 2018

I am totally satisfied with this vehicle. I have the car one year. I drive mostly local miles. I will sometimes drive on I-95. I'm getting 34.9 MPG. The seats are especially comfortable especially since I've had 4 back surgeries. The only negative that I have for this vehicle is the fact that at higher speeds, the cabin is a bit noisy. I read the reviews prior to purchasing. I wonder if they actually drove the car.

Just good looking car

by Sunny from Fayetteville NC on July 11, 2018

This is really a good looking car. Especially, it looks better in the night time with its lights on. But the mpg is not that good as I expected, around 31~33. These days, Accord and Sonata get around 34. My previous car, 2012 Camry and 29~30. Not much benefit for mpg. Also, it does not provide good acceleration. It is just looking sporty. The best thing of this car is suspension. it is well-balanced and not that soft and not that hard. While cruising, it is comfy and on turning curbs, it is swift and firm. but I said acceleration is not good even in the full throttle. It's toyota. There is no problem and sturdy so far. it seems it will go over 150k with no problem. But CVT is suspicious. If there will be a problem, it could be the transmission. There is no symptom but it does not match with the engine. It's just my feeling.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great second car or daily driver

by JonxQ from San Antonio,Texas on August 1, 2017

It was a tough battle for me to choose the Corolla iM or the Honda Fit. Both have great features but the iM won me over with sleek styling.

I am impressed

by Doug Lower from Renton Wash. on December 25, 2016

Great all around vehicle. This does have the forward collision warning and braking,and lane alert. Standard on all 17 Toyotas. I bought the vehicle with the manual and love it. Fantastic interior, great looks ,nice compliant ride, great MPG, nice stereo, great features, great value, paid $16,800. after $1500. rebate. excellent hatchback versatility.

The best in class

by Meineke team from Damascus,MD on February 26, 2017

The best choice under 20k.If you like a smooth ride from home to work this car for you.Let me explain you why: 1.This car 100% Made from Japan; 2.Great interior and exterior; 3.Sharp handling; 4.The best brakes ever; 5.Line and front collision assistant (not so many more expensive cars have same options); Some people are complain about slow and noisy engine.Belive me that 1.8 Toyota engine one is the best in class.And don't forget:if you looking for sport stile fast car IM isn't for you.This is a good small family car.

My Corolla iM Pocket Rocket !

by rhodeislandred from Hopkington RI on January 21, 2017

When I first saw this car, I found it to be very attractive, the color, the 17" wheels, the interior. I went to a dealer that had contacted me with a very good price. It was a bit of a drive at 45 miles but it was well worth the effort to get there. Having spoken to the Manager, he had the car waiting for me. Of course I did not know it at the time as it was still wrapped in the plastic wrap. I parked I am not a fan of chrome, this car was the Barcelona Red next to it and looked at it more closely. I liked it, actually, I loved it. Metallic, very nicely appointed, Toyo Proxies all around, nice stance too. I went in and spoke to the manager that I had spoken to on the phone. He shook my hand and told me to talk to Alex, he was the man that would take care of me. He did, I drove the very same car that I had looked at, and I also ended up buying it. Let me tell you that I thought the car was underpowered. until I used the manual shift automatic. I put it in sport mode and took off like a banshee ! It has a seven speed tranny and has plenty of zip. Don't let any one tell you any differently either. I brought it home that evening. With love still in my heart, I write this.

Best bang for the buck under $20k

by jmcguckin from Bolivar, OH on April 17, 2017

My wife and I recently started looking for a 5-door (hatchback) with a manual transmission to help us learn the ropes of driving a manual car before eventually moving to Europe (where that's all they drive). As a Toyota driver for over 10yrs, I figured it'd be a safe bet to give the Corolla iM a try for my next vehicle. Safe to say I haven't been disappointed! This car got to deal with the occasional jolts and stalls of my learning how to drive a manual transmission from scratch, all while during the break-in period, and with the rough edges in my technique now smoothed out, it drives like a champ. Pros- + Buttery smooth, responsive transmission + Long-throw clutch and tall shift knob easy to work with for beginners + Impressively well-equipped for price point + Very minimal road noise + Very comfortable ride when cruising + Great exterior styling + Very roomy/comfortable interior + Large trunk Cons - Engine could have more power* - Doesn't inspire confidence around curves _ Stock suspension feels squidgy (car rolls quite a bit) _ Stock Toyo tires don't feel overly grippy _ Steering feels somewhat numb/vague** *Just requires playing with the revs a little more; still faster to 60 than the 2017 Impreza I drove **Could be partially due to stock tires and suspension Overall, I am a huge fan of this car. Offerings from competitors at this price point look very base and do not come nearly as well equipped. Echoing pretty much every video and text review of this car, it's not built for performance. If you head into a test-drive remembering to focus on the car as being a daily driver and not expecting it to have the performance or the "planted"-ness of a VW Golf or Mazda 3, you won't be disappointed. I'll definitely be giving the European-spec version of this car a hard look when I head overseas!

1 2 3 4 5