2003 ECHO

2003 Toyota ECHO

2003 Toyota ECHO

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2003 Toyota ECHO?

I love my little ECHO

by He who looks for value from Vancouver, WA on Wed Apr 01 2009

I own a 2003 ECHO which I bought used. The car is bullet-proof. Although I would have appreciated some additional features I still remember how to hand crank a window down. The one thing I do sorely miss are power side mirrors. There are few things in life as annoying as having to adjust the passenger side mirror. Overall however, the car is GREAT!! It gets incredible mileage on the highway (44 MPG) and an overall economy of around 35 MPG. The sound system works well and I've grown accustomed to the center instrument panel. Frequent long distance trips do not call for an ECHO. But if you want a solid, comfortable, economical, and reliable car to run around town with, I don't think you can go wrong with an ECHO.

Simply a great car

by Easy Driver from CT on Sat May 02 2009

Fabulous gas mileage. I average 35 in city and 40+ highway. Good pick-up. Overall a great car! Add weight and take time when driving in snow - it's a little car! It does handle well even in such adverse conditions.

best car ive owned

by ooh dillLy from sycamore, IL on Tue May 19 2009

this car was cheap reliable and the gas milage is great. . . this is the best car i have owned and i own the 5 speed model and it kicks butt. this is the car for anyone with a family cause i got it cause it was great for my wife and daughter! safe and cheap in insurance too and im a guy that aklways owned a sports car! toyota power! rock on!

2003 Echo

by Loyal Toy owner from Cali on Wed Feb 25 2009

IDK bout your Echos, mine moves. I take Harleys, V-8 diesel SD ford trucks. V-6 fullsize trucks don't have a chance

ECHO Rocks!

by Napoleon Solo in his hot little Echo from Chicago on Wed Apr 29 2009

Nice room for a small car! Handles very well and great gas mileage! downer: Cranking the windows and hand-adjusting mirrors, but heck, this little baby is a superb vehicle and for the buck, is a toyota triumph. I know that they sold fast in Canada and Japan and not the U.S., home of gas hogs. If more buyers SAT in an Echo, they'd be as surprised as me. with the ample headroom. People have said they hate the dash in the center, but it is angled toward the driver and I got used to it and pretty much dig it for a very cool change. BIG trunk is great! Overdrive works great and a ice fast boost when it is disengaged. I've never loved a car like some owners do, but I do treasure my Echo!

Best small car

by george from Edmonton on Fri Jun 01 2018

I bought the 2003 Echo new in the fall of 2002. It just came out and they had one on the lot. I needed a car quickly since my other car just died. I loved it from the first day. It was quiet ,fast and very enjoyable do drive. Today is 2018 and I have 266 000 km it, never any repair and everything original in it except battery and brakes off course. Never a light bulb burnt out in this 16 years. I drove it all year round city and highway. In this category the car is amazing. I have an Infiniti G35X also and off course the Echo is not that ,but I drove many small cars before but the Echo was by far the best. Now only drive it from April to September and wonder how many more years I will have this great little car without any problem.Now this is more like an experiment.

Awesome Little Car

by In the heat of Texas from Houston Texas on Wed Feb 26 2014

bought it new in 2003 - everything manual!! I will hit 318,000 miles by next week and it stills runs great. Starting to eat oil and the gas mileage has dropped a little it around 28 mpg on the highway. The front hood has taken it share of dings and it's starting to show some age. Still has plenty of "get up and go". It has conquered many Houston summers!!!

*required fiels

by *required field from on Tue Jan 18 2011

Have a maunual version. Baught it because it was cheap, comfortable, and had great gas milage. A car that looks ordinary, but is great.

I love my Echo!

by Becky from Duluth, MN on Thu May 18 2006

After a long line of "junkers" the 2003 Echo is just what I needed. An extremely reliable vehicle that gets great gas milage and isn't full of a bunch of fancy stuff that drives up the initial cost. My Echo has almost 60,000 miles on it. I've owned it for a year, and I've never had to take it in for anything other than routine maintenance, and even without cruise control I get about 38-40 mpg on the highway (about 30-35 in town-going up and down a huge hill). This car can fit 4 comfortably (I have the 2003 4-door version), and even some of my tallest friends fit in the back seat without the people up front sitting with their knees in the dashboard. I love all of the little cubbies - especially the dual glove box. The only thing I would ask for is one more cup holder...there are only 3. Having the instrument panel in the middle of the dash was easy to get used to, and I actually prefer it. My hands and the steering wheel don't get in the way. One thing I have noticed, and haven't been able to solve by reading the manual, is that shifting is slow until the little blue light goes off when you first start the vehicle. I have an automatic, and I'm sure it's just a warning light, letting you know that the car isn't fully warmed up, but I was surprised that it affected the shifting. This has been a great car for me, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something affordable yet reliable. It would be great for a college student.

Well worth the money

by tara from Rochester, NY on Fri May 11 2007

This is the first new car I purchased for myself back in 2003. Since then I drove it up and down the west coast twice and across the US. It has 60,000 miles on it now and it still works as well as the day I got it new. I've never needed anything more than the regular services. Amazingly it still has the same tires and brake pads as it came with. It has lots of space too, especially in the trunk. Overall it is a solid purchase and it's so cheap.

1 2 3