2009 Toyota Highlander

Best Car I've ever had.

by from Southern Iowa on April 19, 2011

Bought the car earlier this month. Had 17,000 on it from a lease return. Car has Nav, Bluetooth, DVD, leather/heated seats, etc. The nicest car I've ever owned. Toyota needs to make their owners manual a little more consumer friendly. Navigation is very good, but very intimidating if you've never had nav before. Give it a couple weeks and you'll learn and it will seem easy. Great vehicle. I love it.

'09 Highlander Limited

by from San Diego, CA on July 30, 2012

I've only had my Highlander for two months but so far it's been a great SUV. We went from a Trailblazer EXT (7 passenger) and wanted a more reliable 7 passenger vehicle but keep the V6 to save on fuel. It's pretty roomy for the size. The Highlander has great features with the backup camera and automatic gate lift and close. We went camping last week with our 2700lb tent camper in tow. The Highlander averaged 20mpg towing! I was really excited to see that. The 3.5 liter V6 is really powerful. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is I feel like I hear more outside noise, like it's not as insulated as my Trailblazer was but it's not really a bother, just an observation.

Great gas mileage for size of vehicle

by from Geneva, Ohio on July 22, 2009

Love the fact I get above 20 mpg in the city. Took a trip from cleveland ohio to providence R. I. got 25.3 mpg. Not bad for a 4000 lb. suv Sound system good, but had a better one in my Infiniti QX4 that I traded in. Love the leather and auto close hatch I would buy one again. Great Reliability!

Highlander Purchase

by from Texas on June 29, 2011

After looking for a Highlander year model 2008 or 2009 for approximately six months I found one at an area independent dealer. My search engine was Cars.com. The information presented was accurate and complete. The Highlander is a great vehicle and the Limited package is full of extra features like leather seats, sun roof, JBL stereo, navigation system, rear camera, rear air conditioning and thrid row seats. The price was as stated. The test ride was an excellent experience. I made the purchase.

Solid, safe, AWD vehicle

by from on January 8, 2010

Toyota has fixed all the bugs out of the 3.5L avalon/camry/sienna/rav4/highlander engine (metal oil lines, etc). AWD system great in CO snow and relatively simply mechanical design means less maintenance for the long haul. VSC system phenomenal. Tows more than most crossover SUV's at 5000 pounds (more than larger Pilot). 20.5 mi/gal while "hypermiling" combined mileage... otherwise 19.5 combined with a light foot. Lots of interior room but hard plastics on interior. I would recommend any Highlander to a friend... EXCEPT a "one-owner" RENTAL CAR.

Favorite car in 40 years

by from Central Florida on December 30, 2011

We have hte Sport version, it seemed to drive better than the base model. We love it and will buy another one when the time comes. He purchased new and now have 39,000 trouble free miles. Only problem was the readio/cd unit went bad the first 6 months. Original tires and still have good tread left. Alos we love the pearl white. Back seat is roomy and comfrotabel, unlike many others. Plenty of cargo area.

1 month test

by from Puerto Rico on November 17, 2009

Excellent overall. Confortable and roomy, although not so quiet inside while driving in rough terrains. Great motor response (V6-270hp) and good fuel economy for a V6 vehicle.

Highlanders are Great!

by from Scottsdale, AZ on May 1, 2011

The Toyota Highlanders are great SUV's and the 2009 production run the best in their series. Consumer Reports Top SUV Pick.

great vehicle for grandkids

by from TN on November 17, 2010

we love the extra room the third row gives us. now grandma and pepaw can take all the grandchildren on a trip together.

Very nice mid size suv

by from Saint Paul, MN on February 16, 2012

Did some researches, came down to choice :2008 Acura MDX or 2009 Toy Highlander. I'm so clad that I chose the 2009 Highlander Sport with 35000 mile, top choice by Consumer Report. It sure is a balance SUV with a very comfortable 3rd bench seat and does not have any problem handling the snow in Minnesota.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Toyota Highlander