2013 Highlander

2013 Toyota Highlander

2013 Toyota Highlander

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota Highlander?

My Highlanders

by OKProgressive from Oklahoma City, OK on Sat Aug 31 2013

I purchased a 2012 Highlander Plus in March of 2012. The 2012 had a light gray interior that I could not grow to love so I traded it in on a 2013 Highlander Limited with black leather interior in June of 2013. Ahhh....now I can say I am happy with my purchase. I do not like the look of the 2014 Highlander. The 2012/2013 Highlander has a very smooth ride and great acceleration. The interior is a little cheap looking, but has a well-functioning layout. The only negative I can find is the excessive wind noise. My Nissan was sealed much better and had less wind noise, however the heating and air system sucked. This is my 5th Toyota and hopefully my last. ;-)

Highlander

by ATC from Bettendorf, Iowa on Sat Jul 06 2013

We purchased a 2013 Highlander Limited. The ride is very smooth. We have made two long trips and has been roomy for the family of five. Gas milage has been impressive on the interstate at 25 mpg. So far this has been a great vehicle.

2013 LIMITED Ride and Seats

by Rich from OKC, OK on Sat Aug 02 2014

We replaced a 2010 Honda Odessey Touring with a slightly used HL Limited...2,000 miles on odometer. Vans have a better ride due to the wheelbase. However, the HL Limited was the best alternative, has a smoother drivetrain, and is more luxurious. The 2013 seats are more comfortable than the 2014 HL constructed of plastic leather and memory foam. You end up sitting in a bucket after 5 min. The 2013 HL ride was too harsh with its 19 inch Bridgestone 400 tires. Replaced the tires with Bridgestone Ecopia's. the ecopia's ride characteristics are similar to a 235/65/18 tire. The change in comfort and noise is remarkable.

Best car ever

by old gearhead from Las Vegas, NV. on Fri Jul 24 2015

I have to say my 2013 Highlander limited is the best car I've ever had. We bought a new 2008 basic AWD V6 and I was very happy with it and could have driven it for 300Kmi but in OCT of 2014 we got an offer in the mail from our dealer for 15K trade value on a newer model. So we looked at the 14's and 15's but were left a little disappointed with some of the subtle changes they made and were about to go. Then they showed us this 2013 limited. Used with 900 miles one owner had it for a year. Needless to say we were sold and after 5 hours of horse trading we settled on a price. I love all the extra feathers this one has. Nav system, JBL stereo, Bluetooth, Power seats, moon roof, and tail gate. Heated leather seats and climate control. The ride is smooth and quiet even on back roads. Mild off road is no problem and we go in comfort. Snow. I have chains for it but have never used them. We travel snow country every year. The desert heat is no issue for it either. I crack open the moon roof an inch and it keeps the heat from building up too much. The A/C cools it down very fast. Plenty of room inside for the grand kids and all their stuff. I can pull up to 5000 lbs (Does use more gas though) I love the power tail gate and flip up rear window. Very handy. I get 17-18 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway. Yes I think this will be the last car I have to buy, with care it will have no problem going 300Kmi. If your looking at buying one all the models are good but the limited is worth the extra $$.

Comparison

by Songwriter from Hixson, TN on Thu Jan 21 2016

I recently purchased a 2013 SE Toyota Highlander back in November 2015. I had a 2004 Limited Toyota Highlander. A semi-tractor trailer totaled my 04 as he went through a red light. In comparison, there were features that I liked on the 04 better; for example: the 04 had a Captains seat i.e. an armrest on the drivers side. On the 13 it is a little awkward reaching for the power buttons because of the door handle. On the 13 I find it difficult to reach back for the belt seat. The belt seat is positioned a little high on my neck. However, the 13 has a lot of power i.e.it has a lot of "get up and go," and like most new cars it has Bluetooth, XM, CD player that plays only CD. On my 04 I was able to add 7 CDs at a time. I like the Highlander. It is the best riding and driving car I ever had.

Love This Auto

by Highlander Fan from Florida on Sun Sep 29 2013

1. Very comfortable ride 2. Excellent in traffic and on the road 3. Roomy with excellent interior design 4. Surrounded by protective airbags 5. Good view of outside surroundings 6. Excellent for a family of five or six 7. Hope future will bring more fuel efficiency

Best value for your money

by Rudy from Floral Park, NY on Sun Feb 24 2013

Owner of 2 Highlander. My 2004 cumulated 125k miles and stiill runs great. No problems, hands down.The 2013 drives even so much better. I look forward to driving it every chance I get. Very satisfied.

Best vehicle I have owned

by CM Iowa from Clinton, IA on Thu Dec 20 2012

Love it. I an so excited to drive it. Comfortable , smooth ride. Drive great in snow today. Has power. Nice to have the third row option. Rarely use but nice to have.

All the bells and whistles

by Ms J from Murrieta, CA on Fri Dec 07 2012

This is my first Toyota purchase, my third SUV. The Highlander has the most amazingly smooth ride with any accessory you would ever want as Standard in the SE V6 model (with the exception of NAV). I've been driving it for a month and the performance has been exceptional. Handling is great since it is not on a truck chassis like the 4Runner. I'm adjusting to the rear view camera and the ease of using the remote to lift and lower the tailgate which is great when your hands are full. The interior is roomy and the leather luxurious. Every row of seats (including the third row) has cup holders, great for additional riders and the second row environmental controls are a plus. This is my first blue tooth enabled vehicle and since I listen to audiobooks on my iphone, having the audio sync with my phone once the audio has been activated is a definite luxury. I do think the outside could be a little more stylish, there isn't much detail but it is a small issue and not important enough to preclude my purchase. The Highlander has met and exceeded my expectations.

familiar locations

by lil princes from georga on Mon Nov 26 2012

Driving this SUV on curvy mountain roads or on Interstates, the performance feels tight and road safe. It is a pleasure to drive and the gas economy is better than expected. So many safety features really appeal to me. However there is one feature that I feel is a huge distraction: Bluetooth telephone is great Except you must take your eyes off the road due to the lack of voice command to initiate a call. While this feature is available on the highest end model, when contacting the Toyota Customer Care and the local dealer about this addition to my model, I received no response. I know there are "after market" products available but the controls, which are located on the steering wheel have a "blank" where the voice command button would be positioned. There is also no latch hook for baby/child safety seats on the 3rd row. This row is a little too short for a 6 foot adult but perfect for little guys. Why not add this safety feature in the area best used for little people?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2013 Toyota Highlander

Even in its final model year before a redesign, the 2013 Toyota Highlander is good, solid, basic family transportation — nothing to set the heart aflame, but eminently competent.

Some cars, and Toyotas in particular, often get referred to by automotive enthusiasts as "appliances." The comparison is made between a Camry and a refrigerator, or a Corolla and a washing machine, for example. The implication (typically less than kind) is that these vehicles have attributes that are less fun and more useful. One wouldn't take a refrigerator to an autocross, or drag-race a washing machine from a stoplight. But for millions of people around the world, an appliance is exactly what they want... Read More