2022 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2022 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2022 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2022 Toyota Highlander

Toyota Highlander 2022

Car shopping with hubby. Friendly service, but not willing to negotiate on pricing for new car nor for trade in. Nowadays, no cars on lot to test drive or see on sight. Cars are "ordered", so hopefully will come in on time as expected. We've always had Toyotas in the past, so we are happy with reliability, dependability, quality, looks, etc. Of these vehicles. Update: car came in on time, cleaned and full tank of gas. Car sign-off was well organized, professional and courteous. So very happy with new vehicle!!

Absolutely Love!

Love the size and features! The seats are massive, so super comfortable. I like how much space there is in the trunk, could fit a ton!

3.9

Good with a few things lacking

I bought this vehicle a couple months ago in May 2022. I have the Platinum AWD trim, so it is pretty fully loaded. On the positive side I like the styling and handling. I think the design is a good balance of functionality and comfort. The heads up display is nice. I was glad to have the adjustable height on the rear door as the factory setting had the door touching my garage door when all the way up inside the garage. The auto-bright light setting works pretty well. There are a few things that could be better. I find the automatic setting of the wipers to be lacking. It just doesn’t adjust to a fast enough speed for my taste. I really think Toyota should either make the arm rest in the door bigger or put an actual armrest on the side of the driver’s seat. There is just not a comfortable position for your left elbow with your left hand on the steering wheel. I have put a pillow in the car to make up for this on longer trips. As noted by some other reviewers, the gas mileage is just okay. Lastly, while the safety features are nice, some of it just ends up being annoying. My experience with the lane departure warning is about a 99% false positive, meaning that about 1% of the time this goes off it is providing useful information that I am wandering out of my lane. The rest of the time I am on on a curvy road or swerving to avoid a pothole or a bicyclist. And it doesn’t just beep. The car actually tries to fight your movement. The idea of a self driving car strikes me as laughable when they can’t get this feature to work very well. In spite of these shortcomings, I do like the vehicle and would recommend it.

Love Toyota

I love my highlander !! It’s comfy and drives amazing and roomy and sporty and not a typical mom car as my husband doesn’t mind driving it either !!

1.7

2022 Highlander Poor Gas Mileage

Poor highway gas mileage. EPA is 29; getting 23.5 in econo mode. I realize I most likely won’t get 29 and expected closer to it than 23.5 which is only 2.5 over city miles. Getting 20.4 average in city according to display. EPA doesn’t test every model of car and largely relies on manufacturer testing and reporting to EPA. Manufacturer usually contracts with independent tester. Some fudging going on by Toyota? Could be issue with car. Taking it to dealership tomorrow. Was told by a service writer early on when I called the dealership to give the car some time over a span of 4or 5 gas fills so it could get used to my driving style. I find no reference to that in owners manual or on the net. Didn’t help.

4.3

Love My Highlander

This is my 2nd Highlander & I love it. Beautiful inside & out. Fun to drive. The 3rd row is not comfortable for adults however but front & middle are very comfortable. Great features-even has shades for the 2nd row

4.0

$50k Spent and No Memory Seats!

Disappointed.. I Paid nearly $50k for the new 2022 Highlander and it didn't even come with memory seats! How cheap is that? A few other options that could have been included with that price point and several options that came with it I will never use! I will purchase other brands next time.. It's not like I had a choice of other vehicles since no other new Toyota's on the lot..

Super Nice Vehicle

I prefer cars to SUVs but I have to say our 2022 Highlander is changing my mind! It handles very well and the turning radius is excellent considering it’s size. It offers a lot for the price.

LOVE our new 2022 Toyota Highlander

Just drove our new car on a six hour road trip. Encountered heavy rain and low visibility and the car drove perfectly. Solid. Comfortable. Love the beige/brown interior. It’s beautiful. Plenty of space to haul stuff and people. We love Toyota.

Highlander Platinum

Have driven my Highlander Platinum for a month now and I love it. Interior is roomy and comfortable. Lots of cargo space when 3rd row seats are folded down. Heated steering wheel is mediocre. Doesn’t get very warm compared to my Cadillac XT5. Heated seats function but not as warm on high as my Cadillac was. Not a deal breaker though. The panoramic sunroof is awesome as is the stereo on the platinum pkg.