2007 Matrix

2007 Toyota Matrix

2007 Toyota Matrix

4.4

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Matrix?

Excellent Value and MOST Reliable

by Scotty B from Rochester, NY on Tue Feb 21 2012

Just bought a used 2007 Toyota Matirx XR and I love it. I have worked for Toyota dealerships in the past and have always loved the Matrix. Was looking at a Vibe also, the Matrix was more expensive but well worth the money. It holds its value better because it is a Toyota. Even though the cars are the same vehicle with slight styling differences, the Toyota name holds more value. I love the ride and comfort of the vehicle. I hear some talk about noise, that is a simple fix...undercoat and rust proof the car. That will cut down on the noise excessively. I have no issues with noise whatsoever. The fuel economy is excellent. I travel 95% highway to and from work five days a week and a tank will last me almost three weeks. I don't have a long commute, however going from a 1995 Honda Accord EX to this is night and day. Going an extra week and saving $15 per fill up is wonderful. It has cut my fuel costs down to about $40 a month. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants comfort, fuel economy, style and value.

of course it's a toyota

by d.b. from bristol, connecticut on Sun Mar 30 2008

good reliable little flexible car. I love how the back seat and passenger seat goes down to make it a flexible little hauler if the need arises. The only problem I have as with my '91 camry is that the car interior rattles when it gets cold. You now, the moldings on the dash, the pasenger airbag compartment and the door moldings. other than that, I would never give it up.

Glad I talked to a friend who owns one.

by Economic at the gas pump from Terril, IA on Fri Nov 12 2010

I started out looking for SUV's, but econimically-this is the one for me. I'm about recycling, saving energy and so an suv size wise I was looking at, but talked to a friend who has owned her Matrix for a few years and she loves it and so I started doing research on them and found out that was for me. I get 35-37 mpg with my XR, front wheel drive and my collie fits in the back-what more could a girl want!!!

Great little car!

by MatrixOwner from Sarasota, FL on Sun Dec 07 2014

I have a 2007 Matrix M-Theory model (#609 of 2500) and I love it! Bear in mind that it's really just a Corolla "station wagon" under there, but, whatever you call it, Matrix or Corolla Wagon, it's a really great little car, very peppy, very reliable, comfortable enough for medium-length drives (I wouldn't want to drive it cross-country, but it's fine for most trips) and, from what I read online, they last forever, like 200,000 miles! One thing I really like about it a lot is the fact that when you fold down the rear seat to load cargo, you get a totally flat surface to put things on, unlike a lot of SUVs that have a flat surface and then a hump up to another flat surface. Believe me, when you're loading in a big box like the replacement water heater I bought recently, that makes a big difference in ease of loading. Anyway, bottom line, if you're considering getting a Matrix, go for it, you won't regret it!

what a nice little buggy

by mule from pittsfield mass on Tue Nov 04 2008

my second matrix, a super car. got hit in rear by truck came out ok.i would recomend tthis car for anyone i understand that large corporations buy thease cars for fleet use that should tell you something good about the matrix

Great Car with a fixable issues

by Rav4 Next from Toronto, On on Fri Jan 04 2008

I bought the 2007 Toyota Matrix XR a year ago and I've been pleased. After a few marks and mistakes by the dealer were fixed when I accepted it it worked well. There is still a loose wire rattling in the dashboard, the cupholder is awkwardly placed and the car has terrible traction due to extremely poor tires. But for the rest, I could to out and replace the tractionless tires that spin on dry surfaces and grip little in the snow or rain. I can take the car in and leave it for a day to have the dashboard dismantled and rattle fixed. The good news is the bumper is colour coated nice and deep. Having been rear-ended twice already by drivers on cell phones I marvel that it's hard to notice the gouges in the back bumper unless you look. Also..the sound system is cheap. Do not buy the upgrade MP3 player, just go to a good sound store and have the speakers and radio replaced entirely. It sounds muffled like the music plays through a toilet paper tube, even when the treble is turned all the way up and the base down. Great gas milage though.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love it!

by Metstark from Kentville, Nova Scotia on Sat Nov 18 2006

We love this car! We had been looking for awhile at all different cars and suvs but this one really had everything we were looking for. Lots of space and the hatchback is awesome for lugging all our baby gear! It handles nicely on the highway and rural roads. The dashboard was designed very efficiently. Everything is easily accessable. Lots of leg room in the front and back seating areas. We had difficulty getting our son in and out of his rear-facing car seat in our other car, but with this one it is so simple! Great quality car for the price!

Proud to drive a Matrix

by Toyota Matrix Enthusiast from Bay Area, CA on Sun Jun 01 2008

Great for commuting, easy to park, TONS of cargo space with back seats up or down, lots of leg room in back seat, comfortable. Easier than had imagined to switch from SUV.

great roomy economical car

by dab from florida on Fri Aug 10 2012

this is the best car i have owned. great finishes, well though out interior design with exceptionel amount of room in the back when you flatten the seats for cargo space. economical but also as plenty of acceleration , it make it a fun car to drive.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

great car

by kelly t from NC on Tue Jan 27 2015

My only issue was no arm rest. When driving long distance I had to put a pillow under my right arm for comfort. I'm at 108,000 miles and still going great! I'm one to keep up with maintenance and my car has been the best buy for me so far. I was told it has been discontinued. I was surprised. Great little car!

1 2 3 4