Best car I've ever had

by from San Franciicso Bay area on January 30, 2011

I bought it for economy, but found that it does everything else well. Roomy, quiet, comfortable, fun to drive, and surprisingly peppy. Nearing 100,000 miles with no unscheduled maintenance.

Great commuter car

by from Rockville, MD on May 16, 2011

When I bought this car, I expected to be commuting a great deal. Instead, I decided to retire. For commuters, the Prius is fantastic, but too uncomfortable for long drives. MPG: expect 45-50 without much sacrifice. Reliability is incomparable! Only problem in 5 years was the secondary battery (the small, cheap one). Performance: amazing, if that is what you really want. The electric motor works in concert with the gas motor for quickness. Bad weather performance is similarly amazing, considering its size and weight. Lots of space to stuff the car with luggage: inside is bigger than it looks. After I bought this one, three others in my family also bought one. All are pleased with their purchase. We upgraded to the more comfortable Camry Hybrid since we don't have to commute anymore.

You Could Not Go Wrong

by from Springfield, MO on January 24, 2011

Such a great car for the money and performance. Never had any problems and I love the handling, stability and space. Very good visibility out of all the windows and surprpisingly great power for being a hybrid. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

Best Value in a Car and a Pleasure to Drive

by from Orleans County, NY on April 9, 2009

The Prius has been a dream to own and drive. Bought one in 2005, prior to Katrina. When the gas prices started soaring, I couldn't believe the difference this car made in my life! The car has lots of power when you need it, but it is fun to see how well I can drive to achieve up to 50 mpg over an extended period of time. I couldn't be happier and will make my next car a Prius!

Best car I've ever owned

by from Maryland on September 1, 2012

My 2005 Toyota Prius maintained high gas mileage, was comfortable for people of all heights and sizes in both the front and back seats, was very versatile for cargo of all shapes and sizes, handled well in all weather conditions, and had lots of front seat storage spaces. I had close to 200K miles on it when it was struck by a truck (left front side). Airbags deployed; no one hurt. Car totaled.

Great mileage car

by from Salem,OR on May 6, 2010

I now have 240,000 miles on my 2005 Prius! The car is still going great. Everything checks out as working as it should. This car pays for itself on all the gas I save.

First Toyota...last car ill ever own :)

by from Greenwood Indiana on December 31, 2007

Drove my Prius over 80000 miles in one year.Only thing I ever did was have the oil changed and new tires.Try doing that with any other car! Did I mention the money saved in gas!!!

very reliable car

by from Central Kansas on January 23, 2012

This car was the lowest cost per mile vehicle I have owned. I drove this vehicle over 163,000 miles but have driven other vehicles even more miles. My mileage over the 163,000 miles was over 46 mpg.

Great Buy TOP DOG of MPGs!!!

by from New Orleans, La on May 20, 2009

This car may have a bit of an sci-fi look to it, but if you give it a chance it will prove to be one of the best decisions you've ever made for your pocketbook.

2005 Prius Review

by from Edison, NJ on June 26, 2012

Bought car for the gas milage. The car is in nice shape with high mileage. Most of these used Prius have been driven, but the one we purchased still runs good and has given us no trouble, I am very happy with my purchase. Alot of room, and great gas mileage. Used Cars.com alwasy to find all my cars, makes things easy. Very happy with my purchase and very happy with Cars.com for helping me find the car I wanted! Thanks

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2005 toyota prius

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.