2014 Prius

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Most Efficient Car Yet

by Moving Efficiently from California on August 24, 2015

The big selling point for the Prius has to be its fuel efficiency. We regularly get over 50 mpg on the highway (and sometimes we get 60). Handling is OK, and it looks good, too. The only complaint we have is visibility, especially of the rear when backing up or parking.

Schweet!!

by sagerider from Eagle, Colorado on August 27, 2014

We love the styling, color, comfort, audio sounds, minimal road noise, easy manuverability, fuel mileage, makes hardly any noise when running, almost everything about this car.It'sa little hard to see looking through the rear view mirror and camera takes a little getting used to. I 'm a big guy so getting out is a little harder than that of a larger vehicle but other than that, Schweeet!!!!!

My First New Car

by Rural to Urban Driver from Littleton, NH on August 4, 2014

I've had my new car for almost 1 month now and I completely love it! I love checking the average miles per gallon I get after every trip. If I get over 40 - it's a win. Multiple times I've gotten over 50, that was exciting. I love the hands-free cell phone feature and connecting with bluetooth. I love going 75 mph and getting 100 mpg on the highway. It's comfortable, rides nice, great gas mileage, has power when I want it, plenty of cargo space when you fold down the seats, plenty of leg room (my Fiance is 6' 3" and he loves driving it - he puts gas in my car so that he can borrow it), nice tight turn radius, easy to park because it's so small, just over all I love it. Only negative, is that it is hard to see when backing up. I really have to use my side mirrors and crank my neck to make sure I'm clear. I might see if I can get a rear camera installed because I've heard they are worth it.

Our new Prius seems to be all it has been claimed

by Canoer from Grand Rapids, Michigan on July 24, 2014

We took our new car on a 1200 mile drive with bikes on the back and got about 48 miles/gal overall. Our bike rack rested on the back end and the weight of the bikes put a small indentation on the bumper area where that portion of the rack rested. I guess to save weight (money?) the Toyota corporation installed a plastic over-bumper that really wasn't meant to take the weight of the bikes. Our dealer mostly popped out the small dent. I will have to place a padding next time to distribute the rack weight.

First new car in 35 years

by Quality minded from Baudette MN on July 29, 2014

Brand new car, first hybrid owned, all if great for the first 3 weeks of ownership. Based on reviews and current owners I am anticipating being very satisfied. The MPG so far is 50.4 MPG for the first 1600 miles, feels great to drive past the gas stations. The drivers seat could have a better lumbar support, I will buy a cushion for my back. On a rough road the road noise is a bit more noticeable then with a larger car, but I can live with it. As long as the reliability is there, I anticipate being very satisfied.

My second Prius-need I say more?

by shoop from San Diego, CA on June 22, 2014

My first Prius was a 2007. Just traded it in on the 2014. LOVE the gas mileage- as long as you drive carefully, it's great. If you are used to speeding around, jamming on the brakes, jackrabbit starts- your gas mileage won't be as good. They have improved some things about the Prius- most namely visibility. I love it and am looking forward to many more happy years as a Prius owner

I love my 2014 Barcelona Red Toyota Prius.

by Retired mama (grand) from New Orleans, LA on May 28, 2014

This car handles well, fun to drive, average pickup for size and being an energy efficient hybrid. Plenty of room in the front and back seats. I love the hatchback and rear folding seats. I have the Prius C III., leather seats, navigation system. It is a little pricey at 30K with tax, title, license but very fuel efficient and quiet. So far I really love it. I only rated it as 4 stars on reliability because I have only owned it a month, so we will see how it is. I hope it will perform like my 2005 camry which has been the most reliable car I have every owned.

Prius - Highly Recommend

by Love my Prius from Asheboro, NC on August 1, 2014

At first I was a little reluctant about getting a Prius because I thought it was going to be too small for our needs only to find that it had as much room for passengers as my Camry. The back seat has plenty of leg room and the gas mileage is GREAT! All I can say is "I Love My Prius!"

Excellent Vehicle

by K Scot from Canton, IL on August 14, 2014

We purchased our Prius in June. We absolutely love the gas mileage and well thought our interior. In highway driving to work I am averaging 50+ mpg. Seating is comfortable and the interior very roomy.

Great fuel economy

by Caroerson from Cleveland, OH on July 2, 2014

I purchased the Prius 2. I love the fuel economy. It is comfortable although the armrests could be higher. Also, there could be better design/storage in the front. The steering wheel coul have more adjustment as well as the seat position. It is comfortable and has lots of leg room for rear passengers and a large amount of luggage/storage space in the hatch. I wish I had input on the design. You cannot open the rear hatch from the driver's seat. It is a bit slower than other cars I have had in the past but the fuel economy makes up for that. In hindsight, I would purchase the backup camera as the rear window is quite high which makes it hard to see.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8