2016 Prius

2016 Toyota Prius

2016 Toyota Prius

Have You Driven the 2016 Toyota Prius?

Great car, Feel like I'm in a Stormtrooper Armor.

by Mak from SLC, UT on Thu Jul 14 2016

My previous car was a 2007 Prius, standard without any additional accessories. After 185,000 miles, 9 years, and no issues, it was time to get a new one. (Hybrid battery died) Went back to the same dealership I purchased my first Prius, and ended up buying this one, 2016 Prius 3 Touring. Outstanding. Couldn't believe how quickly i fell in love with the car. I commute 80 or so miles a day. I thought my 2007 Prius drove well. This one drives 10 times better it seems. The car handles spectacular. Features I never thought I'd use, I love. Averaging 50+ MPG on the freeway, and handles like a dream. Love the sportier look, and the softex seating was well worth it. The exterior color (Pearl White) and interior (Black/white) makes me feel like I'm a Stormtrooper, except much safer. Put about a 1000 miles on the car already after 2 weeks of ownership. My only complaint, is that my driver and passenger side blind spots seem to be (for lack of a better word) bigger. I may put some convex mirrors on my driver & passenger side mirrors. Highly recommend. The overall quality, feel, handling, it's one of the best cars I have driven.

On my second Prius

by anna from Calabasas, CA on Mon Sep 19 2016

I had a Prius for 7 year and was looking at other makes. After test driving the new Prius there are no other cars. The exterior and the interior and totally new. Driving this car is a dream. The new model looks sporty but the inside seems more like a luxury car than a midsize. The technology is incomparable.

First Prius. NOT disappointed!

by ColinDC from SC on Sun Nov 27 2016

After my very first car (also a Toyota) peaked at close to 300k miles, it was time to upgrade. Keeping in mind I commute 120 miles a day, I needed fuel efficiency and decided on the prius. I received the 2016 Toyota prius 2 eco for a very decent deal and have been addicted to driving it since I bought it a month ago. The very first tank of gas took me close to 600 miles from south Carolina to Alabama on its inaugural road trip to see friends. I was shocked at how quietly it drove and it's responsiveness to commands. The exterior design looks soooo much better than its previous design which looked like a large household appliance with wheels. The interior leaves a bit to be desired and is fairly minimalist but not a deal breaker in the least. The seats are rather stiff and not the most comfortable design in the world but fairly tolerable as noted after 600 miles in one sitting. All in all, a wonderful vehicle so far and I look forward to many more trips and miles with it!

More MPG

by citychild from Chicago, IL on Tue Jun 14 2016

This is our third Prius (we don't own 3 Prius, we are a single car family). We live in Chicago and couldn't be happier with the quality, MPG, and versatility that a Prius has proven time and time again. It handles exceptionally well and is even quieter than our Gen 2 & Gen 3 Prius. When purchased, the gas tank said 870 miles to empty and it has a 11.3 gallon tank which we have been able to duplicate. The interior is comfortable, especially in our Prius 4 with adjustable lumbar support. The navigation was significantly improved. Love it.

Two weeks in and love it

by MPR from Elkhorn, NE on Wed Mar 15 2017

I've watched the Prius from a distance for years now, always wondering if hybrid was the way to go or if I really wanted to get an electric car. Years of hashing it out and looking at the options, I started to stare down the Prius. It's historical track record was excellent, owners I knew LOVED their car, and the new design was pretty striking. My wife and I are probably in the minority in liking the new looks. When I heard 52 mpg, I was pretty much sold. The ride is excellent. Noise level is minimal - much better than the 11 year old Honda CR-V we turned in. We're not the type that NEED power in their vehicles. We want efficiency first. Very rarely are we trying to merge at 80mph. The Prius gives us that. Oh, and room? Yeah, there's plenty of that. I'm 6'2", my wife is 5'10" and our kids are 12 and 11 and above average height for their age... and there's plenty of room. My 6'4" nephew sat in back and was shocked at how much room there was. In general, it's just a great car. I hope to get another 11+ years out of this one, too!

Odd problems which make are issues

by Seattle prius owner 888888 from Seattle, Wa on Tue Jan 23 2018

The car has had 2 major issues: We have had a nightmare with 6 flat ties in our first 18 months (5 nails or objects in our tires and one poor repair by the dealer), and the 2016 Prius does not have a spare tire! The kit they give you to inject some kind of gel into your tire so you can drive anywhere, ruins the tire and the sensor for tire pressure - so using it costs a lot of money. To add insult to injury, with our 6th flat tire, the tire is ruined and there are NONE in Seattle, so we need to wait 2 days to get a tire from Portland, OR. We are going to replace these tires and plan to buy a wheel (??? $250 or more) so we can have a spare in our garage. No one told us there was no spare tire. and some of the service people at the dealership are also unaware of that problem. The second problem is that the defroster is terrible and takes a long time to work. We do not even live in a particularly cold place (Seattle).

Does not recommend this car!!

Great on gas, comfortable interior.

by Luba74 from Cedarburg, WI on Fri May 04 2018

I was looking for a car that is good on gas and not expensive. I wanted it to be roomy for our 5 people family. This car has great features, super quiet, safe and cool looking.

Best Prii I have owned

by Silver Streak from Sharon, Pa on Sun May 29 2016

I had 4 prii B4 this. Starting tear 2000. This is the best. It handles like a Canry with the same comfort and sounds so quiet I could hear a pin drop. Love this Prius 4 SA

Newly purchased used 2016

by A. Starr from Parrish fl on Mon May 28 2018

This is my second Prius. Unblemished and unbelievable the changes since 2010 in this car. All issues I had with first Prius are now gone!!! Excessive road noise-gone Poor Acceleration to merge into traffic- gone Poor ac/ heat performance- gone Inability to hear stereo for noise- gone Weight factor for road handling so incredible of an improvement. The list goes on and on. And 58 mpg!!! This car is a keeper.

This is my 4th and best Prius

by Steve from on Thu Mar 30 2017

I have owned 4 Prius and this is the best. It looks great inside and out and I average almost 50MPG. It doesn't drive like a Prius.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2016 Toyota Prius

With improved driving performance and interior design, the new 2016 Toyota Prius could be the first of its breed to attract people who care about more than just getting the highest mileage available — though the new Prius manages to get even better mileage, as well.

I drove several trim levels of the new Prius on roads and a small track to test the vehicle's dynamics. While there are still some rough spots, it's an impressive effort.

The Prius competes with other hybrids, such as the Chevrolet Volt and Ford C-Max Hybrid. You can compare them here. You can compare the 2016 model to the 2015 here.

Exterior & Styling