2014 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 14 reviews

Love the Prius v

by from Illinois on November 8, 2014

We've owned the Prius v for six months now, and we've had zero problems. We love the car. MPGs are as advertised. On a 3000-mile trip this summer with a family of four, we got 41-42 mpg on interstates 70-75 mph (based on fill-ups). Around town, we get 45-46. The MPG gauge, though, is usually optimistic by 2 mpg. Comfort - This is by far our favorite family car over the years. It has a quiet and smooth ride. It handles very well for its size. Our teenagers love the spacious back seats that move and recline - a big plus on long trips. It's our first car where everyone ENJOYS sitting in the back seat. The lumbar support in the driver's seat is great. All seats are supportive and comfortable. Gauges are user-friendly. Sound system is good. AC cooled the car effectively in 90-degree weather on medium to medium-low setting! On the inside, the car feels so much bigger than it looks from the outside. Storage space is great. The back-up camera is very helpful because backing up can be difficult because of sight lines and the car's length. In summary, this is a spacious car that is very comfortable and gets great MPG for its size. On top of that, it has Toyota reliability. We absolutely love this car.

Love my new Prius V

by from Orlando, FL on February 27, 2014

This is our second Prius and I love it more than our first. The Prius V gets better gas mileage than advertised, I average 48-49/ gallon. Very roomy for my 6' 2" husband even on the backseat. Loads of storage with the seats down. Perfect blend of economy and style.

As advertised

by from Charlotte,NC on October 2, 2015

We've had the car only 3 weeks but so far it's exactly what we expected. Milage is 35-40 mph in the mountains and 40-45 on the flatland. It has just the right amount of tech without being overwhelming. In the power mode it accelerates just fine, but if you try the interstate on ramps in eco mode it struggles. It is surprisingly roomy. Golf clubs fit well in the back leaving room for 2 carry on sized bags or 1 full sized suitcase and 1 carry on. Without the clubs more would easily fit. Back seats are adequate according to our boys.

Great car!

by from UTAH on August 16, 2014

I love this little car. I didn't want a little car, but had to get one for the savings. It's fantastic and I'm glad that I chose this one. REALLY great on gas, rides so smoothly and has all of the bells and whistles that new cars now have. I couldn't be happier.

Second time is even better

by from Cheshire, CT on May 2, 2015

This is my second Prius. The first, a 2005, was in a minor crash which was the impetus to buy a new car. I love the Prius V for gas mileage, interior room, and comfort. I need a car with folding seats to cart my boat stuff to and from the marina. I works well. Back seat comfort is great, especially since the seats slide as well as recline. Using the radio took some getting used to but I finally figured it out. I asked the dealer to change the settings so that all doors open when I touch the driver's door handle, as I didn't like to have to reach in and unlock the doors for passengers or when I wanted to put something in the trunk or back seat. The ride is like a much heavier car, which is an improvement over the 2005 Prius. Another improvement is the rear visibility due to higher rear design. I like the lumbar adjustment., additional cup holders, and layout of the console.

My 2nd Prius V

by from Philadelphia, PA on December 11, 2014

My 2013 Prius V was rear-ended after 49,000 miles and totaled. Overall mileage was 42 MPG with much hwy driving. Very comfortable, with good all around visibility. I suffered no injuries in the collision.

THIS PRIUS V IS OUTSTANDING.

by from SO FL on May 10, 2014

THIS IS MY THIRD PRIUS , THIS V HAS LEATHER, NAV AND XM RADIO, AN OUTSTING CAR @ ANY PRICE. ITS A 10.

Surprisingly big

by from Tampa, FL on April 24, 2014

I was looking for a more Eco friendly car, but being a big guy, I was worried as to how many compromises I might need to make. This vehicle is amazingly roomy and very comfortable to travel in. All of the cars features, Bluetooth, navigation, and the apps program have more than satisfied my techno need for gadgets. I could not be happier with my Prius v.

good value

by from L.A. Ca. on October 20, 2014

good value for money. Deserves being the highest selling car in southern California. It is too soon to see mpg but looks good.

prius v

by from chicago on August 10, 2014

just turned 1000 miles. have 19.5 gallons of gas . plenty of room and a comfortable ride.as of now I have no complaints.