2010 Sequoia

2010 Toyota Sequoia

Have You Driven the 2010 Toyota Sequoia?

Overall good vehicle but a few dislikes

by Another good Toyota from New York,NY on Mon Jun 13 2011

I bought my 2010 platinum 4wd with optional trd intake,trd big brake kit, and trd 22' wheels about 1 year ago and have about 10,000 miles on it now. I have had no major problems with the vehicle. I love the power of the engine. For a vehicle of this size i think that it has great acceleration.Surprising fuel economy. I like the carlike handling and the air suspension.Very comfortable ride over nyc's famous potholes and very easy to maneuver in tight spaces due to excellent turning radius.Like usb port that allows easy charging of all portable devices. Like ipod/iphone connectivity. Excellent radio with great speakers.Excellent 2nd row lgeroom and like chair adjustability Like 3rd row electric folding chairs. My dislikes with the vehicle are the low quality nav system(poor graphics compared to competition,no 3d buildings and view), said nav system's inability to be adjusted while vehicle is moving,the cruise control's inability to be used WITHOUT the radar,useless remote starter(WASTE OF $!!!!) that doesn't let leave vehicle on while running and u unlock vehicle from outside to enter it,no fan speed adjustabilty from wheel, not able to just sync from driver and passenger climate only. Have optional trd big brake kit(front brakes only).Was installed at factory. Front brakes recently began to mysteriously OCCASIONALLY squeaking in stop and go nyc traffic. I say mysteriously because dealer where i purchased vehicle was"unable to reproduce condition after 20.5 mi road test" but say that the brakes have plenty of life left and dont need replacing. Like i stated, has a few minor problems, but is overall a good vehicle. Would definitely buy over chevy tahoe ltz or nissan armada platinum due to excellent value for the moey,toyota longevity and resale value.

Love this vehicle!

by VA from Roanoke, VA on Mon Aug 08 2011

I'm two years into my 2010 Sequoia 4x4 Platinum and I couldn't be happier with the decision. I drove every ute out there before deciding on this rig and the fit and finish of this Toyota surpassed the Escalade by the proverbial mile (attractive exterior, amazingly cheap and difficult interior), and beat out the Infinity in value and reliability. My family of 6 rides in comfort and protection - vehicle styling gets ohs and ahs wherever we go. I would recommend this SUV to anyone in the market for a full size, powerful and reliable machine.

picked it over Tahoe

by skitow from Central NY on Mon Jul 30 2012

I rented a Tahoe and liked it well enough, but my car dealer friend said the value drops precipitously on the Tahoe once you near 100k. We put aboui 24k a year on our vehicles. He has 250k on his Saquoia and he loves it. We had a Jeep Comander before, then Grand Cherokee before that. Rented a Sequoia on a ski trip a couple of years ago and everyone on the trip liked it. The Sequoia is great for towing - can't wait to try it in the snow. My 4 rating for interior design is because the central controls take a little getting used to because you have to reach a bit for them. Nit picking, but it's the only criticism I could come up with.

by Sean from Chicago,Il. on Wed Dec 19 2012

This is an excellent running vehilcle, I expect it to last a long time. It has some design flaws like radio knobs so far away from driver and passenger but you get over it. In addition, it's a 5.7L V-8 gas hog. Last but not least, it's a boring looking vehilce with little in the way of good looking, it's very large. It's the Sequoia Limited, not the SR-5

by Kari from dublin toyota 94568 on Mon May 05 2014

Third car purchased from Dublin Toyota - Always a great buy and great service. Umesh walked me through another great purchase.

Riding in style

by Marie.S from Raleigh, NC on Sun Apr 28 2013

This car is more than I ever imagined, definately worth every penny, from the features, to the price and warranty. I couldn't be happier to have this car. Then there is the salesman John who was so very, very kind, helpful, and patient. He made sure me and my family had everything we needed, and he was always prompt and on top of everything, not pushy and arrogant like most salesmen I have met, I just love him. Steve out loan officer was also very nice and helpful, I have never met such nice people when it comes to conducting a sale like this. I truly appreciate all of your hard work and getting us a great deal!

Nice!

by Meleeto from Murrieta, CA on Sun Jun 03 2018

We love the size and performance! Nimble, powerful and looks great. Lots of leg room to stretch out and get comfortable. Best family vehicle we have owned.

Great SUV

by suv owner from Lakeland, FL on Mon Apr 05 2010

I have mine with about 1500 miles and it will pull my trailer that weights about 8700 lbs. and you don't know the trailer is back there.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Much Better Than A Minivan

by Dee Cee from San Francisco, CA on Fri Jul 30 2010

While I cannot disagree that minivans are very practical for most families, I am super satisfied that I decided on the Sequoia over a minivan for my large family. The Sequoia is very spacious and comfortable for all of my 8 passengers, and the 3rd row is actually roomy for all 3 adults, unlike the minivans. I also wanted an AWD/4WD vehicle. Only 1 minivan had an AWD option for 7 passengers, so the Sequoia fit the bill perfectly. The ride is surprisingly comfortable and quiet for a large vehicle. A few things that I'd change would be to upscale the dash/interior, add side mirror turn signals and back up sensors as standard items, and improve fuel economy. I love my Sequoia, and my kids love climbing it too. Overall, large SUV roominess and power with Japanese carmaker drivability and dependability.

Toyota is not my mother

by Toyota is not my mother from Boston MA on Sat Nov 07 2009

This 2010 Toyota Sequoia is my 4th new Toyota purchased. My platinum has every possible option available. I am very happy with the vehicle overall, However, Toyota's legal dept is ruining Toyota. The Navigation and factory remote starter are useless. As soon as the vehicle is in motion the NAV locks up so that not even your passenger can enter a new address or search for fuel or food. So basically you are forced to pull over into the break down lane (which is not only illegal buy dangerous) to update your NAV. Also the RADAR cruise control does not work when the windshield wipers are activated. Give me a break Toyota, I know how to drive in the rain.

1 2