2004 Sienna

2004 Toyota Sienna

2004 Toyota Sienna

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2004 Toyota Sienna?

185k miles, not one major repair

by Ms Practicality from Irvington, NY on Fri Jan 13 2012

This car was one of the best investments I ever made. I had not wanted to get another minivan, but needed the passenger + cargo space + AWD for hills in the wintertime. This car seats 7 people plus luggage, groceries, you name it. I moved 3 kids into college, taking mattresses, furniture, appliances, and more. Yet it drives like a sedan and every passenger is comfortable. I have not spent one dime on major repairs to this car. All it has gotten are regular oil changes and new tires. So glad I listened to my mechanic and bought the Toyota instead of my second choice, a Lincoln Aviator.

No Compromises

by Car-Crazy teen from St. Louis, MO on Thu Dec 06 2007

This is probably the best minivan currently out on the market. It comes with Toyota's relabiltiy and it does not disappoint in this regard. Yet, despite that, it is made in America. For a 2-ton minivan, it is surprisingly quick, and it passes easily on the highway. I have an 8-pass. LE and it seats all 8 rather comfortably, even in the third row. If you need a minivan that is well-rounded in all regards, this is the minvan for you. Fuel econmy is great for a 230-hp engine, and the only maintinence has been oil changes and tire rotations.

My favorite vehicle ever at age 65

by Toyota customer from Aberdeen, South Dakota on Sat Dec 07 2013

I bought this Sienna three years ago with 150,000 miles on it and have not had a major problem. I do maintaince religiously and as a gift for it going over 200,000 miles I gave it a new timing belt. I live in the Northern climate and have been amazed that the power door always works. It gets great gas mileage and I am now shooting for 300,000 miles. I am at 210,000 now.

Best van EVER!!!

by SS Mama from Maine on Fri Jan 30 2015

GET ONE!!! I can not say enough great things about it!! I'm a younger mom and I didn't want an ugly slow van. But this car feels like I'm back in my youthful, sporty, zippy cars. This van is quick, nimble, comfortable and gets better gas mileage then my husband Maxima. I still amaze myself with all the stuff I can haul in the back. I've had a dining room table with four chairs fully set like you see in your kitchen, an ATV, hauled a larger pop-up camper with a weeks worth of supplies and it has taken it all. I've beat the h*ll out of this poor van now that I think about it. Its been down logging trails, been broken into by raccoons, chickens have used it as a nesting box when I left a window down and it has dealt with my unmediated ADHD family. I never want another car!!

Sienna drives like a car - just nice all around

by First Time Toyota Owner from Milwaukee, WI on Thu Jan 28 2016

We own a 2003 Chevy Venture minivan and have loved it - bought it at 96,000 miles, still driving it at 144,500. But we wanted something that we know will last another 5 years or more...so started thinking Toyota has great reliability, so let's get a Toyota van. We liked the new styling that started in the 2004 model year. So, we went shopping for a 2004 to 2007. Ended up buying a 2004 with 118,000 miles. XLE - but with cloth seats (a plus for us). We first test drove an LE model and our impression was - huh, it's just a van...nothing special. It isn't like the ride quality is amazing...or it is the quietest vehicle ever. It is just all around "good". It drives like a car. And it's reliable. We like the features on the XLE so that is what we bought, and now that we have been driving it for several weeks...we still like it. We still think it is just all around "good". I do suggest reading a lot of the previous reviews about doors and other known issues with these vans. It greatly helped us in looking...we found a 1-owner van where the owner had gotten all those issues fixed already...front doors replaced (not just welded)...etc.

Go In With Eyes Open

by Primal Fear First Van Guy from Florida on Wed Apr 30 2014

We purchased this vehicle because we kept borrowing our friends Sienna. I read the reviews about the front door problems, tires, and side doors failing, so we knew what we were getting into. Interesting enough from what I saw maintenance cost compared to the odyssey was lower so we went with the sienna. Had the leak in the rack boots so had that replaced not cheep. No problems since then. We enjoy the look, room, comfort drive and storage. Plan to take it out on numerous camping trips. 142K miles when we brought it. Hoping to go another 150K before we leave it.

Better than the Odyssey

by Odyssey and Sienna owner from MO on Mon Apr 08 2013

We have had both of these makes/models and found the Sienna to be a much more comfortable/smooth ride, and to have features the Odyssey lacked in the same trim. This has been an extremely reliable car for us.

best minivan I ever had

by Family father from Birmingham on Sat Sep 06 2008

very quiet comfortable ride; great safety features; excellent family car (sports, camping, vacation); also great for transporting big items; best investment for a family

Watch out for the run flat tires

by Foots from Rosemead, California on Thu Dec 21 2006

Even though there was a recall/replacement for the run flat tires on the AWD vehicle, the general tendency of these replacements is that they do not last as long as normal tires and cost much #$$$$. You do not have a spare tire also. The vehicle itself has been trouble free since new and I would recommend it to anybody who was looking for "a safe and reliable van"

A very comfortable ride.

by JJWEG from Clermont, FL on Thu Jun 15 2017

Has all the whistles and bells available in 2004. Very comfortable seating front and rear with storage compartments galore along with the best A/C of any vehicle I have ever owned. Automatic doors and side curtains were an unexpected plus.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2004 Toyota Sienna

Toyota has finally mastered the art of the minivan, boasting that its revamped Sienna for 2004 has grown bigger, better, faster and more luxurious.

Already, reviewers are calling the second-generation Sienna the best of the bunch, even trumping minivan-master Chrysler with design, features and versatility.

Sienna really is a great minivan. But it's still a minivan and as such must contend with a hopelessly dorky image.

Teens hate minivans. So do aging, ego-fragile dads. As for moms, I remember one friend complaining after she bought a purple Dodge Caravan, "Nobody flirts with you when you're driving a minivan."

So be it.

Now Chrysler, credited with inventing the modern, front-wheel-drive minivan... Read More