2006 Sienna

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

by redhush from SW FL. on October 27, 2010

I thought we wanted either a Grand Caravan or a Town and Country, but after driving several of each and then, by accident, a Sienna, there was no comparison. A TnC we drove with the 3.8 and towing package had noticeably less power than the low end Sienna with a 3.3 that we ended up with. Yes, we paid more than we intended, but it was so much more car for the money! Seats were more comfortable, ride smoother, looking forward to Toyota dependability, Just no downsides. Spend the money. It's a long term investment

SAFEST most comfy reliable vehicle ever made

by KrazyTracy for Sienna's from south carolina on October 21, 2012

I bought this van new most money i ever paid for a car and I also had a volvo. One month ago a huge SUV totalled my beloved van. When the jaws of life cut me out of my van and took me to the ER the doctors were AMAZED not only that i lived..but that I did not break a bone nor suffered...a scratch. This van didnt give me one bit of trouble for the almost 7 years I had it. It drove like a lazy boy on wheels and we could pack it like it was a storage unit. I have to say though i bought the model wth only 1 sliding door, it was a big huge pain. Now they come with two sliding doors.(toyota learns I tell you)I used to think vans were dorky but like another reviewer said...once u go van...however my only complaint is trying to find another I can afford as the new ones are pretty pricey. This is a SAFE reliable comfy easy goodlooking van to drive. And unlike the odyssey that has 5 million gadgets to break this LE model is durable with just enough bells to make u happy. So RIP my perfect blue 2006 van...i loved you well.

6 years, 100k miles

by Too many cars from Iowa on April 30, 2010

I purchased 2004 XLE AWD new in the fall of 2003. Previous van was a 1992 AWD Toyota Previa, which we drove to 165K miles. I just didn't want my wife to be stranded somewhere, and we had gotten our moneys worth out of it. Good things about this van; Pretty quiet, comfortable seats, ok mileage for an AWD van. I get about 15 in the winter, 19 in the summer and about 22 on long trips. Things not so good about this van; Run flat tires are a really bad idea. They are very expensive, ($1000 a set), only last about 25K miles, and if you do get a hole in one, you have to replace all four, because most of the time, they can't be fixed. If you are on vacation, you are really in a world of hurt, because run flat tires of this size are always a special order, even at Toyota dealerships. I did replace them with regular tires, and purchased a spare tire kit from Toyota for $500. There have been recalls on the radiator, (I didn't get that one fixed on time and it cost $1000). The rack and pinion gear leaks. I am trying to fix that with magic oil from Lucas oil company. The electric back hatch is starting to struggle in the winter, the electric side doors can get ice in them in the winter, and then the door won't close. This makes the car beep like a dump truck until you get a hair dryer in there to dry out the ice. Radio is average. All of that being said, we have over 108K miles, and will probably keep it for several more years, probably run it up to 200K before we get another vehicle. By then, I won't need a van, yippee!

Comfy Cruiser

by Flying Dutchman from Rural Northern New England on December 6, 2011

Reassuring AWD, drives smaller than it is, smooth and quiet drivetrain, difficult rear bucket seat tilting and removal, excellent convenience features including automatic doors, superb visibility, nice aerodynamics assist in decent 20 mpg mileage, ample interior storage nooks, driver seat could use more aft adjustment room, nice feeling of control at the wheel, high quality stereo speakers and features on XLE, brilliant ergonomic touches, soothing dashboard but too many idiot lights...overall it is a fine luxury yacht and the AWD puts it above the better designed and better handling Odyssey for northern climates and long distance cruising in any weather conditions.

LOVE MY SIENNA

by sahm from Kansas City on April 19, 2012

I purchased a sienna about a months ago and love it to death. I purchased it because it has a long life mile wise and it is really comfortable and reliable. I have two kids and getting them in is such a breaze now. used to have an equinox and loved it but we needed to get a larger car. my husband had a mustang and that is what we traded in to get the mini van. We have the 8 passenger version and my mom had an 04 7 passenger version. I love mine more and so does my mom. after I purchased my sienna two of my friends said that they love it and are getting one also. I love having the 8th seat in the second row because I can have a storage box for my kids things and a "trash can" that they can reach from their car seats easily. and the 8th seat is just as nice as the other two seats next to it and is not a rumble seat but a real seat. If I could have found as good a deal on another sienna with more features and the ce that I got I would have gone with that but even stripped down it is better than any other mini van I was looking at. About a week after I got my mini van a friend of mine was in a wreck and they ended up getting a loaner mini van of a sienna and her hubby said that as soon as they could they were going to trade in their mini van for a used sienna because they were just sooooo impressed with how nice the sienna was. She loved her grand caravan but she wants the sienna because it is just soooo much nicer. And I totally agree.

Excellent value

by Hal from Kansas City, Ks on November 5, 2006

We traded in a 2005 Town and Country for a 2006 Sienna after a friend let me drive his. So many features and comforts in the Sienna compared to other minivans. Plenty of power with the A/C on and climbing a steep grade. Magnificent vehicle for the money.

by IMAll4Jesus from Minneapolis on October 12, 2010

great quality vehicle. very reliable. has never got a problem with my vehicle. I like the exterior and interior design. Plenty of rooms for 7 passengers, comfortable leg rooms and shoulders.

Family loves our Sienna!

by Sherri from Lexington, KY on March 7, 2014

Our family of five with three teens loves our Sienna. It's all we had hoped for. It rides well, has great response, loads of options to make our long vacations comfortable and enjoyable. The kids actually don't mind traveling in it. More than anything, we know we can trust its mechanics without worrying about breakdowns (especially ensuring me as a wife). Siennas are a bit pricier than other vans, but it's the best vehicle we've ever owned. If you take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you. No regrets.

Great family van

by Eric from Burlington, IA on November 29, 2011

Great van for the family. It is quiet and the interior is very nice. I bought the XLE model and love the options on it.

235,000 and going strong

by Harry from Cape Cod, MA on April 10, 2015

This vehicle has been GREAT. I still take it on 200 mile drives, no problem. Everything works except the right "automatic" door - it still opens and closes, good exercise for the teenagers! Unfortunately, none of the kids will drive it (not cool) so we are selling. :-) I would just advise those of you with less mileage, consider keeping it going. A very honest used car salesman said to me at about 210,000 miles, "we go to the auction all the time and see these with 350,000...you might want to think about hanging on to it." At about 200,000 I had to do the timing belt and other things for about $1,500 but that was about it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9