1997 T100

1997 Toyota T100

Have You Driven the 1997 Toyota T100?

Daddy's truck

by T100 Girl from on Thu Nov 15 2012

I absolutely love my 97 T100. I've hauled hay, horses, a camper (7000lb, 24ft), and just about anything in between and it's not stopped once. The truck was passed down to me when my dad passed away in 07 after he'd been driving it for ten years and put about 95k on it. So, as I grew up steering it up the driveway on his lap, I was naturally chomping at the bit to get behind the wheel myself as soon as I got my driving permit. Since then, I've totaled it twice, bent the frame, and it sustained some hail damage, but every time I fixed it and got it back, it ran just as great as it had before the first wreck. Other than that, I've only replaced the starter, right cv axel boot, and idler arm (the last two I believe must've been damaged in the wrecks anyways) and regular maintenance. I plan on keeping him around as long as I can, though. Maybe one day he'll go to my kids. (Unless by some chance Toyota gets smart and starts making them again!!!) Go T100!

toyota T-100 SR5

by johnny boy from long island, ny on Mon Jul 02 2012

1997 toyota T-100 3.4 V6 auto. 4WD excellent and very dependable. They out did them selves with this truck. Just keeps going. Very good on gas with the V6. No need for the V8 unless you pulling a trailor.

Burley but modest

by Only Toyota from Westcliffe, CO on Wed Jan 12 2011

I love my T100. We bought it used as it was the only pickup with 4 wheel drive and an extended cab with a v6 engine, for under $10k. This thing is a workhorse, can carry and tow a surprising amount of weight and rides smooth. I used this thing to lug teepee poles up jeep trails with a full load in the bed - no problems. Incredible 4wd capacity for a truck it's size. This truck hits the sweet spot, I sold it at 200k miles and wish I could get a brand new one.

Took a Long Time To Locate The Right Truck

by GreenTee from OK on Tue Aug 16 2011

I have been looking for an all around truck; heavy load work, daily driving, and family hauling. I have previously owned a 1990 extended cab toyota truck, a 2001 Tacoma crew cab and sold both. I finally realized that I needed a truck again. However, I needed/wanted a hybrid of these two trucks that I previously owned. I started reading about the T100 and most reviews claimed it to be a good middle sized truck. I finally found a 1997 T100 extended cab, 124k, auto, bench seat and I am very happy I did. I am not sure why these truck are not made anymore...they are the perfect size. I haul wood, atv, hay, and anything I can thinkof. It can haul it and with style. I have gotton up to 22mpg in 75/25% highway/city driving. I would buy this truck again and recommend it.

Over All, The Best Money I Ever Spent.. '98 T100

by Road Kill...Not by Choice !! from West Texas on Mon Jan 29 2018

Parts started wearing out after about the 200K marker. If it hadn't been for the insurance company and eight deer and a cow (different events, all) , I'd still be driving it. Never a problem with motor or trans. manual 4wheel shifter got cranky when not used regular. Other than the usual wear-n-tear Great little 6 banger.

Indestructible

by MTP from columbus, oh on Thu Jul 08 2010

they just never stop working, nothing ever gives on them beside the normal wear and tear. the engine just keeps on ticking and the transmission is bullet proof (not litterally, although maybe I haven't tried it) It is the perfect size pickup for regular day to day stuff. I have beat up mine but it just goes and goes. The truck never gets stuck either as long as you have the 4WD option and good tires.

Uses car for Off-roading

T-100 4X4. SR-5 Ext. Cab short bed

by LEB from Batesville, Arkansas on Wed Jun 20 2018

I Love this truck. Worry free. Best truck I have ever owned. Had 75K when I bought it 10 years ago has 160K now. It isn?t for sale. I own a 2016 Tundra Crew Max same type truck and I like the T-100 better. Really shop Free truck.

Our Take on the 1997 Toyota T100

Why is it that Toyota has struggled to sell its T100 full-size pickup?

Good question -- one that I thought deserved a closer look.

No doubt about it, this is a full-size pickup. Its wide flanks, subtly sculpted, aren't as macho as some pickups, but still are distinctive and modern.

There are three trim levels. Standard grades get two-wheel drive and a 2.7-liter 16-valve double overhead cam four-cylinder engine. A standard cab and long bed ensure the 4-by-8-foot sheet of plywood will fit on the bed floor.

Next up is a better-equipped T100 Xtracab, powered by a 3.4-liter DOHC 24-valve V6. Top dog is the tested SR5 model. This truck has the same engine as mid-level models, but indulges its... Read More