2012 Yaris

2012 Toyota Yaris

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2012 Toyota Yaris?

great value

by spunkycat from on Sun Mar 11 2012

I've had my 2012 Yaris 3DR LE for about 6 weeks, so far averaging 34.4 MPG - almost all city driving. The visibility is excellent - handling is very good and is so easy to park - I like the fact that it is a little taller than my old car which accounts for the great visibility. I love the look of this car both inside and out - all of the controls are easy to reach and simple...good-sized control knobs. The audio system is very good -braking is excellent. The driver's seat is very comfortable, easily the most comfortable of any car I've ever owned - instead of 2 windshield wipers it's good 1 huge one which is pretty cool! The headlights are excellent, both regular and high beam...The steering wheel has a good feel to it, it is a little chunkier at the 10:00 and 2:00 position which is where you're supposed to grip it. The LE comes with a tire pressure monitoring system which alerts you if your tires get very low. All in all, I believe the Yaris is the best value of any subcompact car out there and would highly recommend it.

Best Buy

by colblu from Williamsburg, Va on Thu Feb 16 2012

We have 2 of these cars, a 3-door and a sedan. I have no trouble getting 40 mpg on the highway with AT. I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs, yet I'm comfortable. Price tag is really low. Trunk on sedan is deceptively huge. We've never had more practical cars.

Great personal car!

by myaris from Boston, MA on Wed Jun 13 2012

Believe it or not, I traded in a BMW for a 2012 Yaris SE Manual. The Toyota dealers thought I was kidding. I wasn't. The car's revised styling and the simplicity of the interior caught my attention initially. I then researched its safety test results and was thoroughly impressed. Having put about 1,500 miles on it so far, I am averaging 38 MPG and the car continues to be a joy to drive with its go-kart like handling. The seating space is plentiful, but the cargo space is somewhat limited. Highway noise is surprisingly subdued. The ride quality is also better than expected for a car of this size. The 1.5 liter engine is not the most refined in its class, but it works well and should be trouble-free. The 5-speed manual is one of the easiest I have ever used. Some reviewers commented about the lack of 6th gear, but I don't think this car needs it. Toyota engineers did their homework selecting the gear ratios for the manual gearbox. The best part of the car is the fantastic single windshield wiper which works really well and looks cool. Overall, it's a great personal car for commuting. I don't miss my Bimmer at all!

Best Mileage And Fun To Drive

by Hooked On Yaris from Pensacola, Florida on Thu Dec 06 2012

My wife and I got the Yaris after renting one. We have the 4 door hatchback model. It has lots of room in the back if you need to carry anything. Seats 4 people very comfortably. It comes with a great stereo system. We also tried the comparable Mazda but did not feel it had enough room in the front because of the way the shift console was built. The Mazda does seem to have more pep, but this comes at the price of lower mileage than the Yaris. We love our Yaris.

Love my new ride

by Diane6 from Toronto Ontario on Fri Mar 24 2017

Purchased a 2012 Toyota Yaris after a collision where my 2001 Toyota Echo was wrote off. The Echo was a very reliable, fuel efficient vechicle, and I'm finding the Yaris to be the same. The Yaris is more comfortable and less noisy with more comforts. Not disappointed in a Toyota product again.

Great Little Car!

by MarjyK on Wed Mar 28 2018

I've only had this car for a few weeks, but I love it. Even though it's a 2012, it was in mint condition with low mileage. It's zippy and very comfortable. The only negative is that it does pick up a lot of road noise, especially on the highway. I look forward to having this car for a very long time!

Very reliable.

by loise96 from Miami, Florida on Sun Jan 28 2018

This is my first car, and as a college student, I was looking for reliability which is exactly what I got. The gas mileage on it is amazing, I use it a lot and I must say a tank of gas will last you forever. This car looks nice from the outside. The only downside I see on it is the interior which is too simple. Nevertheless, it is a very well thought car and built to last.

Very reliable.

by John from Toronto on Thu Dec 14 2017

Surprisingly since the first day I bought it I have received numerous compliments on its cute sporty looks. I have the SE sport model so the wheels are flashy and the seats are especially great for lateral support. Very pleased with this car. Oh yes must mention how easy it is to get in and out because of the higher food line. It’s great in the city and super at high speeds on the highway.

Reliable Comfortable Car

by Jsn from Schaumburg, IL on Tue Oct 31 2017

Awesome!Reliable Comfortable Car .Gets great mileage. Handles very well. Is surprisingly roomy inside. I can haul many things in the car. Makes me wish I had purchased a Toyota years ago.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by loise96 from Miami, Florida on Fri Jan 19 2018

This car has never once broken down since I've bought it. I've had plenty of cars but this particular one has no mechanical problems at all as long as you keep it maintained. It will never fail you.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Toyota Yaris

Smaller vehicles are becoming more popular as gas prices stay high and the economy sputters. For the past few years, the Toyota Yaris subcompact sedan and hatchback have been trying to compete in this market against newer and more recently redesigned models. Now, for 2012, Toyota has redesigned its Yaris; the new version is slated to go on sale in October.

The 2012 Toyota Yaris has improved looks, ride, handling and cabin materials, but it's hurt by its highway performance and by gas mileage that doesn't match its segment's leaders.

Exterior
The new
Toyota Yaris has a wheelbase that's 2 inches longer than the previous version, and the car is 3 inches longer overall. The first thing you notice... Read More