2012 Beetle

2012 Volkswagen Beetle

2012 Volkswagen Beetle

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2012 Volkswagen Beetle?

2012 Turbo Beetle

by VW Enthusiast from Orange County, Ca on Sat Oct 01 2011

I bought a new turbo beetle and am very pleased with everything about this car. The stereo system is nothing short of great, the handling and acceleration is exactly like my 2011 Audi TT and the new design makes for a sporty, comfortable driver. The turbo Bug is by far one of the best new cars available in the U.S.

Follow-up on prior posting of Love my 2012 Beetle

by "Pete" from Lubbock, Texas on Wed Dec 12 2012

I wanted to post a follow-up regarding my earlier posting about my window issue. I took my new Beetle to the dealership service department & within two hours my window was repaired & not only was it repaired it works completely correctly now with no glitches! It will roll down & go completely back up when I hit the switch to roll the window back up. I was told that the window issue has something to do with the child protective mechanism & this was replaced within the window motor unit. Hopefully I will have no further issues. I did talk to the service staff about the second rock chip in my fog light & he recommended that I call the corporate Volkswagen office & speak to them with an "open mind" & express my concern to them & he told me that likely I will be given a voucher to replace my fog light since this is my second need within 2 months for a replacement due to a rock chip. The service man @ my dealership told me that Volkswagen cares that much about customer satisfaction & that he believes my concerns will be listened to & that they will offer me a voucher for the repair. I certainly hope so! I have not placed that call yet, but I intend to & I am going to also ask them to consider eventually coming out with a new replacement fog light that uses the same material that is used on the headlight for the fog light instead of glass so that a rock chip would less likely cause enough damage to shatter the fog light. I just wanted others of you with window issues to know that mine has been repaired to my satisfaction & I am hopeful & that the window issue is now behind me. I hope the same for everyone else that is experiencing any issues with their windows!

CAN'T BELIEVE ITS A BEETLE

by MANBUG from Minnesota on Thu Oct 25 2012

I bought a 2012 Turbo Beetle with sunroof package with a 6 speed manual. I absolutely love the car. It is super fast and turns heads everywhere. I drove it to the east coast and was blown away by the power and economy. Averaged 33 mpg over 3260 miles with some city mixed in. So I will now talk about the windows. Yes I too have had the same issues with the power windows. They will go up every single time so no tape needed( I am not sure what one the owners on here meant) They go up and then back down so you have to hold the power window switch up until they go up. However, I hear there is a fix now. I can 't image this being a reason that I would not recommend this. It will be fixed and some the reviews need to get a life! This is an amazing car that I would recommend to anyone.

An awesome "VOCHO"

by Miami Librarian from Miami, Fl on Fri Apr 27 2012

Went in "just for a test drive" and drove away in a 2012 red beetle. So far, all good. Love the way it drives, and the basic engine has nice power; turbo must be a lil' rocket. As far as the previous comments regarding the windows not going up all the way, they're meant to do that--that helps prevent the rubber seal from being damaged. Once the car door is closed, they close the rest of the way. Basic stereo is also more than adequate..nice sound pumps from the speakers. If you have the $$, consider the turbo with the Fender stereo upgrade (400 watts and 10 speakers, I think). But, if you're like me and on a budget, get a basic bug--you won be disappointed!! btw- "VOHO" is what they call the beetle in Spanish. Well done VW!!!!

Fun Drive with Out of the box exterior styling

by Viv Evans from on Sat Mar 24 2012

Trader in a BMW 328 coupe which I loved. For the money, This car gives me everything that the BMW delivered. The only thing I notice is the weight difference in acceleration and braking. No big deal in my book considering it is priced 10 grand less and doesn't look like every other car out there

Really reliable

by Towman626 from Sylmar ca on Wed Dec 12 2018

I bought this vehicle with 288k on it and it still passes smog.doesnt burn oil or water.its a great vehicle.the only problem is the plastic on the doors that break or crack.

Great car except power window issue's

by Steve from Aurora,Co. on Wed Jul 11 2012

We purchased our 2012 turbo beetle in March 2012, it had power window issues, air and water leak at passenger window, noisy Htr/ Ac blower motor, asked VW to replace it, they did after 3 weeks, 2nd one has same window issue, ref TB 64-12-01; was fixed once, passenger window seems Ok, drivers is worse! still no fix! fuel gauge when filled over 70 degs, won't stay on full, drops about 1/4 inch, gauge was replaced, no help! asked VW to refund our purchase price, they are making 2 payments instead , I get calls from customer service every 3 weeks to update me on window fix; great customer service!

Does not recommend this car!!

This car rocks

by Sam from Atlanta on Tue Feb 26 2013

Bought the 2012 base Turbo sport recently...best car I have every owned and driven. The interior is fantastic and the car zooms when you need it to do so. Get the 6 speed manual and forget all the Nav and Sunroof stuff...don't need it. The Turbo coupe is the way to go. And it is an awesome car.

Not ready for prime time.

by Fudgey Memory from Charlotte, NC on Sun Aug 25 2013

Peeling pain due to no bumper cover clearance. This made it hard for the body shop to fix the peeling, and put the cover back on without peeling it themselves. Plus they didn't put it back on quite evenly. Service Mgr at dealer said it was like that on a lot of them, though. Going back to body shop for a second time. Have had car in shop for window every month since I've owned it. Considering a lemon law claim. Not the random lowering and sticking thing. This is different. Mine pop and clunk when different moments. I have had every component replaced now, and it still rubs. Going back to service for that. AC button kept sticking. They fixed that. Airbag light sometimes blinks while seat belt not fastened light comes on. Jiggling the seat belt connection makes it go away. They say they can't fix it if they can't duplicate it. Same thing happened in loaner as well. I feel like I actually own a Passat, as I have driven the loaner about as much as my own car. Wait until the reviews on the 2014s, but wait until they have been out for a while before buying. They get 10 more hp, too. Don't fall for the deals on older ones that will undoubtedly be offered. My dealer has about 40 of them just sitting on his lot.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love my car!

by New Owner of 2012 Beetle from Bethlehem, PA on Thu Mar 29 2012

This car has been my dream car since I was 5 and playing with the mini Beetle for Barbies! My dad got me a 99 Beetle for my graduation and 2 years later I decided to sell it because I thought I wanted something different. I was wrong! Good thing I waited for the new one to come out because, man - it is and upgrade. While I love the old style - I adore the new style! The inside is well equipped with iPod connectivity (wires can be purchased for other devices), Bluetooth connectivity, heated seats, digital dash - with many features that include: avg. mpg, avg. mph, time driven, temperature, temp of oil.. and much more! I love the leather! The windows are amazing, they create a perfect seal when the car is locked. With the lightest touch the windows crack so you can get into the car. The truck is nicer and easier to open with the keyless entry. The gas tank is neat, no lever in the car, just push and it's unlocked. The gas tank locks when the car is locked. The interior of the car is sharp! VW designers took the paint overhang on the door to a new level! It's on the dash and looks awesome. The mpg are great right now. The only reason I gave the car a 4/5 for the money portion was because it's a great car, but I disagree with the pricing, which I would with most cars. BUT I obviously love this car. Test drive it, you'll want to buy it on the spot :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2012 Volkswagen Beetle

As a child, one of my favorite car games was Herby Derby Slug Bug. Not to toot my own horn, but I was awesome at spotting Beetles from afar. I got a thrill out of turning the tables and slugging my two brothers, who otherwise always ganged up on me. (Ugh, boys!)

The completely redesigned, four-seat 2012 VW Beetle is just as eye-catching as the original we all grew up seeking for Slug Bug, but with a slightly more modern, grown-up edge to it.

Like the Beetle’s base trim level, which starts at $18,995, the Beetle 2.5L I drove had a 170-horsepower, 2.5-liter inline-five-cylinder engine. It can also be had with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that requires premium gas. At just over... Read More