Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Beetle

2014 Volkswagen Beetle

2014 Volkswagen Beetle

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Volkswagen Beetle?

What a Beetle!

by Doug from Winchester, VA on Wed May 18 2016

Purchased a used 2014 Beetle Convertible (white with camel interior and top) that was a trade-in at a Chrysler dealer 6 weeks ago. It is a birthday present for my wife's 70th! She fell immediately in love with it (she had one when she was 18) and wants to drive it all the time. She just loves having a drop top and everyone notices her and her "Doddlebug". She put "eyelashes" and flower decals on it to make it her own. Women go crazy over it. So far the car runs great, gets good mileage and is very comfortable to drive.

Perfect for tall people!

by Love My Bug! from Missouri on Thu Jan 29 2015

I have wanted a Beetle my entire life. We have 6' tall twins daughters (my husband and I are both 6'2") and have each owned a minivan since they were little. When they left for college, we went car shopping for a car "just for us" with no backseat room for passengers. :) I sat in/test drove several small cars (Focus, Cooper, Mazda), but the Beetle (Denim Blue R-Line Turbo - adorable!) was the only car that made me smile just sitting it. It is very comfortable and perfect for 2 people - possibly 4, if the front seat passengers aren't tall. I love the head room and do not feel claustrophobic when I sit in it (a problem with my old minivan). It's interesting that I get the most attention from girls under 20, women over 40, and elderly men ("I used to have one of those!"). I received my 10,000 mile service notice yesterday (I bought my Beetle in April 2014), but my car only has 6,200 miles on it. I need to go on some long drives.

Love this car!

by Patrick from El Cerrito, CA on Fri Oct 17 2014

I have a 2014 Yellow Beetle convertible with the 1.8T and automatic transition. I have also owned a 1999 New Beetle and a 1967 Beetle. This car is wonderful. First, I love the looks, top up or down. I get compliments and positive comments constantly. And guys, if you want to get women's attention, this is the automotive equivalent of a puppy. Several times while parallel parking (top down), women have come up to the car to ask about it, say how much they love it, or threaten to steal it while I am in the store. At stop lights and in slow traffic, I get people wanting to ask about the car. If you want to be left alone, get an Accord. The ride is excellent, much better than the previous model. Even though this is a convertible, it is quieter than my old 1999 hard top. The seats are also more comfortable. The engine is extremely smooth and quiet. You cannot tell if the motor is running without checking the tach. Fortunately, they have made it so that you cannot engage the starter when the engine is running. I have tried to start it several times, only to discover that is already running. This car makes me happy. When I find myself caught in bumper to bumper traffic, I take the top down, turn up the radio and enjoy the sun on my face.

Pretty Good Car

by Ed from Little Compton RI on Tue Oct 29 2013

I just purchased a 2014 Beetle TDI, Denim Blue with VW Skins to replace my Cyber Green TDI, which I gave to may grandson after 217,000 miles. This car is so different from the old car!!! It is simply gorgeous, looks almost like a Porsche. I get compliments every day on its' looks. The windows are as tight as a drum and the only noise you hear are the tires. The Fender sound system is great, much better than the Monsoon system in the other car. The DSG tranny is very nice and I like being able to shift it. Plenty of power and it is pretty quick in Sport Mode. You pay a price for that though. Fuel mileage is much less than the other car 38 v 47. That's a big hit. It has lots of toys, like the keyless entry, Navigation system (which is not as good as I expected). Interior quality is excellent and fit and finish is very nice. More power outlets would be nice. I think that once we get used to each other it will turn out to be as outstanding as the other car was.

Great looking and practical

by Hollyhaha from Virginia on Fri Feb 24 2017

I bought this car on a whim because I was tired of driving a boring car. I have been pleasantly surprised because it is a fun car to drive...and practical. The trunk is deceptively large and the cabin can fit people both tall and short. I was also impressed with how well it handled in snow.

One HOT Little Car!

by NYOnMyMynd from Southern California on Wed Mar 25 2015

I purchased a 2014 V W Beetle TDI on Valentine's Day, and what a valentine she is! I drove the little car up California's beautiful Central Coast for a week of vacation and she performed like an absolute champion! She gave me an amazingly smooth ride, very easily passed everything I urged her to pass, and topped it all off with a cool 37.87 mpg on the open road (32+ mpg on an eqal combo of city/highway driving). I bought the basic model of the TDI and the sound system is excellent. The only thing I would like to change is that I would add automatic headlights if I could. It is not a problem at all to find a filling station that offers Diesel #2 fuel. I find it readily available wherever I go. I would definitely recommend the Beetle. I will be using her for all my driving needs, ranging from household errands to extended road trips. She is the perfect vehicle for me.

My bug

by Happy thank you mommy in heaven from Oregon on Wed Jan 31 2018

I have totally been impressed with this vehicle. I was in a very difficult situation when I feel my mother from heaven brought this vehicle to me. I had it set in my head I would not like it and I wanted a Mini Cooper but my mommy from heaven said this is the vehicle and I am now blessed with an awesome vehicle. Last year with all the snow it got around amazingly. I’ve asked many people that own Mini Cooper about their performance in 2016/2017 weather with poor responses in their ability in the weather. I’m thankful for the purchase made and really enjoy this vehicle.

Always wanted a Beetle

by My Bugsy from Vermilion on Thu May 22 2014

Beautiful car which handles, drives and looks good. We have had many compliments already and we have told them to go to Spitzer in Amherst and the staff will treat you well. Ask for Daniel, Scott or Dawn. We love it and have been riding around with the top down.

mi mi 's new beetle

by mi mi,s beetle from pawleys island sc on Wed Dec 31 2014

bought a 2014 for my wifes birthday and Christmas , needed to be yellow new and this is just what she wanted .. its cute and works perfectly got a great deal on a leftover ,,,not ba long distance ride, but great about town

Car for fun & particular people with value in mind

by ParticularBuyer from Virginia on Fri Jan 17 2014

Been watching serviceable convertibles for several years. Enjoyed our 2002 convertible very much (not a VW). It was a great car, gave us +100K miles, and taught us a lot about convertibles. Followed VW hardtop conv for several years. Replaced a SUV with a VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon and love it. When the VW TDI Beetle Conv arrived we paid attention. Researched this car for more than a year. Jetta TDI is very similar and proved very sound. Test drove a Beetle TDI Conv several months ago. Confirmed many of our conclusions. This car is smartly engineered and fun to drive. Good road vision. Improved side mirrors. Instrumentation very good for night driving. Nav and driver displays are sane and easy to use. They provide truly useful information without distraction. TDI has additional gauges on dash which give more data. Got the Windscreen accessory (necessary for putting the top down over a broad range of temperatures). Fender Subwoofer in the trunk is well tucked in to minimize its footprint. Windscreen tucks into its own shelf in top of trunk! Both are great space saving solutions. Sports supension => strong. DSG transmission => smooth. Car-Net services => High-5 value. Anticipate owning this car for +400K incredibly FUN miles! Grandkids can't wait to get their driving licenses!

1 2 3 4 5