2017 e-Golf

2017 Volkswagen e-Golf

2017 Volkswagen e-Golf

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf?

Smooth driving experience

by Chris from Glendale, CA on Thu Nov 09 2017

While I've only had my 2017 e-golf for a month, I really am enjoying this vehicle. It replaced my 2001 golf, and it drives so much better. This is my first electric vehicle, and it really is amazing to be able to plug it in to our level 2 charger for a few hours, get enough charge for a hundred fifty miles around town, and not have to plug it back in for nearly a week. The ride in this vehicle is super smooth. It drives like a much larger, heavier vehicle, but handles very nimbly, just like one would expect from the traditional VW Golf. The car screams ordinary on the outside, but on the inside the amenities are very upscale even in the base version that I have. I'm not sure I would have purchased this car without the incentives from my state and the federal government, and the great deal from the VW dealer from which I purchased it. It's obviously still pretty early in the electric vehicle development for most manufacturers, but this car portends well for the future of electric vehicles from Volkswagen. I give the reliability just three stars only because Volkswagen doesn't have the best reputation for the long term, at least from my experience. But I'm hopeful that because this is an electric vehicle that it will be more reliable.

So fun to drive

by ElectricBlue from Herndon, VA on Wed Jul 25 2018

If you're new to electric cars, this is a great introduction. Perfect commuter car that is oh so much fun to drive. It is our go to car for any driving around town. I have charger at work that I use most of the time, but also installed charger at home for those times that I need to top off. Re-think how you drive and get yourself an electric car.

Great transition to Electric Driving

by PA1991 from Toronto, ON on Wed Apr 11 2018

I waited 8 months for this car but it was worth every second of the wait. I love it is extremely smooth and on top of that it doesn't cost me anything to run.