2008 Volkswagen Eos

Great car to own

by from on September 8, 2017

Fun, classy, reliable hardtop convertible. Unbelievable what you're getting for the money in this car.

Sporty and sassy

by on August 24, 2017

This car was so unique in the fact it had a combo sunroof drop top. Unfortunately, insurance company totaled it and had to say farewell.

Fun car to drive

by from IA on August 15, 2017

This car was great for a few years before kids were out growing the back seat. I've never had more compliments on anything from a very wide range of people. Even young kids on the street yelling hey nice car! Only draw backs were it is a high maintence vehicle. It can be challenging to find people to work on Volkswagons depending on your location. Repairs can be costly, but I never had to do anything major to mine. I did have to add about a quart of oil a month because it would burn it. Its a miracle I never got a speeding ticket. The 2.0 turbo will not let you down trying to navigate the highway and the small size of the car makes lane changes through annoying lane blocking traffic a breeze. I can not wait until i am able to go back to a convertible!!

I get more compliments on this than anything I've

by from IA on July 27, 2017

Super fun to drive. Great acceleration and power. I will never be able to drive a regular 4 cylinder again. Hard top was a must for me.

Exactly what I wanted!

by from Los Angeles, CA on July 15, 2017

I've wanted a VW Eos since they came out. I finally found the exact one I was looking for! I love it! It's the best car I have ever owned!!

Uses car for Havingfun

Fun car for all seaaons

by from on June 10, 2017

I've owned one for 7 years. It's been great in all seasons and only one small issue with the trunk latch being the extent of its misbehaving.

Sexy Car

by from Texas on March 19, 2017

I have enjoyed the ride but m wife who drves it most, loves it! She wanted a convrtible as part of her bucket list. She is so glad we ade this choice.

Awesome!

by from Boulder Creek, CA on November 19, 2016

I bought this 2008 EOS as a replacement for my aging 2005 Civic Hybrid. The EOS is in much better condition, much more comfort and a joy to drive. As far as reliability, no problems so far...Knock on wood.

A Good Bang For Your Buck

by from Humboldt State University, CA on March 22, 2016

- Bought this car to take to college with me, and have owned it for about ten months and have put over 10,000 miles on it. Pros: -Good handling, fairly smooth. -Good gas milage (~19-22 city / ~26-28 highway) -Hard top convertible! -Smooth acceleration (6-speed manual) -Nice interior, doesn't feel all that cheap unlike some competitors -Good trunk storage Cons: -Leak from roof (just needed some TLC on the rubber seals with lubricant) -Increasingly expensive maintenance now that the EOS has been discontinued -Engine is too weak for it's size (2.0L 200hp/207ft-lbs) and for a car so heavy -Every now and then the body shakes/rattles as it supports the weight of the sectioned pieces of roof -Too many BMW's will try to race you Personal Gripes: -When I show people my car I sometimes get asked if it's my girlfriend's (I'm a male) -Wish the exhaust wasn't so quite -Living on a college campus means that I'm constantly parking as far away from everyone else as I can or risk being as dimpled as a golf ball

2008 VW Eos

by from Miami on May 7, 2015

Nice car, well maintained is awesome. The hard top is amazing. I bought it manual transmission and it pushes very hard. Very happy with it!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Volkswagen Eos