2003 Eurovan

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan

Have You Driven the 2003 Volkswagen Eurovan?

"addicted to VWs"

by Comfort seeker from Baltimore, Maryland on Thu Nov 02 2006

My family owned a 2003 VW Eurovan. It was indisputably the nicest car we had ever owned. Our entire family liked it so much, my father purchased another one of VWs products. A 2002 VW Jetta. The Eurovan's handling was smooth, its appearance unique, and its comfort unimaginably relaxing. We also found out how amazingly safe it was. In the fall of 2006, we were involved in a horific accident on a local interstate. We were hit in the back, shoved forward into another car, pivoted left into a pick-up truck, slammed into a cement wall before hitting a guard rail. As you can imagine, our car was totaled. Praise God no one in the accident was hurt. Though the car was destroyed, our family remains thankful to the Lord and to German engineering for completely protecting us. Now my family only considers purchasing Volkswagen vehicles. Everyone else should too, if they want true quality.

Most Fun Money I've Spent in a Long Time

by Beach Van Fanboy from San Diego, CA on Sat Aug 20 2016

The 2003 Eurovan is one of the most fun vehicles I've ever driven or owned. It has a similar feel to the old VW Bus - high up with a flat steering wheel - but with much better engineering and a lot more power. Mine is a basic GLS and I love the huge open box with windows all-around. I like the styling and it still gets a fair amount of attention when I take it out. I gather it wasn't a very popular van when it was sold; and the 2003 was one of the last and best years where they used the standard 6-cylinder VW engine and transmission as used on other VW products. It puts out well over 200 horsepower, more than double the power of the old rear-engine buses, and it can move out quickly. The visibility is unparalleled and it cruises effortlessly on the freeway. The A/C works great too with lots of vents throughout the cabin. We have attached a screen on the back door for camping and we have a portable camp oven and other camping toys so I don't miss the camper-van features at all. It is a much more useful daily vehicle without all those extra built-in fixtures (and a whole lot cheaper). My only complaints about the Eurovan are the lack of a glove compartment and the height of the front doors off the ground - it's a high jump for us old, short people. As a solution, I bought an aftermarket storage and drink console that goes between the seats from EuroCampers; and I am considering getting aftermarket side steps. I also don't know enough about the reliability of the van yet, since it's not my main vehicle, it's 13 years old, and I've only put about 250 miles on it - out of over 240,000 total. Oh, and the radio kind of sucks too. We plan to use it for the beach and for camping trips locally and hopefully further afield. It's a unique van that can be found cheaply in the GLS package, but the MV popups and camper vans cost a small fortune. Unless you have a big bunch of kids and plan to camp a lot, it hardly seems worth the extra cost. The GLS is a big winner!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A Family Road Trip Today in this 2003 Westfalia

by EurovanWesti from Eugene, Oregon on Sun Nov 05 2017

This Van hast taken us from the Montana Candian Border to thed desert border of Mexico and everywhere inbetween . The ride is smooth. She is well maintained looks and runs great. Whether you're heading out on the road for a stretch across country or just daily driving, this little van has the versatility. You will love spending the night in the van as the back bench converts into a queen size bed as well as the poptop single bunk for the kids.

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned, great

by rvj53 from Boise, Idaho on Tue Nov 14 2017

By far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The comfort the handling for a Westvali is superb. If you want a Pop-Tip is excellent condition this is the car for you.

The Multivan

by MarkC from Sherwood, Arkansas on Wed Aug 22 2018

The true multivan, the go anywhere and do anything van. This is my second Eurovan MV, everyone should have the experience owning one of these vehicles

Vantastic

by jules from West Coast on Sat Oct 30 2010

LOVE my 2002 weekender eurovan...for work and play. Completely reliable. Costs a bit more to replace brakes and tires.. they are heavy duty...well worth it though. i will be buried it it. I even tow my cool little travel trailer when I am compelled to visit other lands.

vw didnt know how to repair it.

by vw bus since 1971 from Huntington, New York on Tue Jan 12 2010

Great for what it could have been.Sunroof leaked, rear brakes replaced at 30k miles,muffler corroded at30k.VW finally found the ball joint problem after randomly replacing tie rod,shocks and caliper in the right front wheel.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Van on the planet!

by Piggyhoward from Stockton, CA on Fri Jan 25 2013

I love love love my Eurovan MV, I owned my Passat for 7 years and my family has grown love VW so i got my van. It is the best thing I have ever driven and after my kids are gone off to college it will still be me, my dog in my van tearing the highway up! I love VW and my Eurovan, there really is no competition or comparison.

The most versatile vehicle I have ever owned

by Owner of two VW campers from Lake Tahoe on Tue Oct 19 2010

The Eurovan Weekender is my second VW camper. Altho it does not have the full package the full camper does, I don't miss it. I have my own stove etc which I don't have to carry when not using. Also it is 18" shorter than the EV camper and so will fit in my garage. Love it.

Eurovan - Best Van Ever Made!

by vantastic on Mon Apr 23 2018

This van has not been sold in the US since 2003, but its legend lives on. It is highly in demand in parts of New England and the Pacific Northwest with an active enthusiast community, and it's best for road trips or hauling large items. The back folds down comfortably to a bed, and you can even keep the folding table out and level with a little adjustment. You could literally live in this car, as long as you had a place to use the bathroom. The thoughtful, efficient, and practical German design of this vehicle continues to make this van functional with minimal upkeep for probably 300K or 400K miles and maybe 30 years, as even older versions of this van (e.g. Little Miss Sunshine van) are still on the road. And it really is fun to drive. No rea

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Volkswagen Eurovan

Forgive us Volkswagen, but your EuroVan is an easy target.

It is big, square, awkward and odd.

It rolls in looking like someone's delivery truck. It rolls around corners like it's looking for a FedEx pickup. And all for good reason. Really it's just a passenger version of what VW has used as a cargo hauler in Europe, much like the Ford Club Wagon is a passenger version of the company's Econoline hauler.

But time has hardly been kind.

Before 1993, it was known as the Vanagon, an updated version of the original Microbus. Although less refined, maybe that idea worked better. At least with the Microbus you knew what you were in for - an underpowered ride, bad handling and a good chance for a... Read More