2009 New Beetle

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

4.5

Have You Driven the 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle?

2009 VW convertible

by Rig from South Carolina on Wed Apr 07 2010

I have owned a 2009 convertible for about a month now and my wife and I love the car. It is so much fun to drive and handles great. The thing that surprised us is that it has so much room inside. The back seat is mostly a storage bin but the front seats are just as comfortable as the BMW 645 we sold about a year ago. It is a really good car on the interstate and fun in town. We get about 25 miles to the gallon in our normal driving. I recommend.......Rig

2009

by KSM from Idaho on Sat Aug 15 2009

The limited production Blush edition Beetle is an excellent car. Good performance and economy from the 6 speed automatic that compliment a cabin filled with leather and a long list of features. The standard leather boot for the top and wind screen make for a fun top-down driving experience. Allot of value for the money - not to mention the no cost maintenance for three years...

Fun Car!

by Lady Bug from Yuma Artzona on Mon Dec 17 2012

I'm 73 years old and have owned two bugs in my life and decided I needed to own a Beetle Convertible. We searched and searched and found the perfect one. It's a gecko green, 2009, convertible with tan leather interior and tan top. It has everything possible on it. It has been maintenance free so far and I've owned it 6 months.

cool car

by ragtop owner from Bellows Falls, VT on Mon May 02 2011

For my first new car I purchased a New Beetle convertable. It's such a fun car to drive! It's so not like the old Beetles... it's a real car. Comfortable. Smooth. Quiet. Reliable.

New Beetle is really a fun car to drive

by Bug Lover from Indiana on Sat Sep 01 2012

We recently purchased a good used New Beetle convertible from a local dealer. It had about 23k miles on it. We purchased it for my wife. She absolutely loves it! It is a blast to drive. Very sporty and handles very well. It has the 5 cylinder 6 speed automatic transmission so it quickly gets up to speed. It is our first convertible and now most of the really hot summer days are behind us, we drop the top down and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. The car is small on the outside but roomy for 2 on the inside. There is a backseat but not much room. If you are an import buyer than you may want to take a look at the New Beetle made by Volkswagen.

GREAT car!

by BeetleBug from Dallas, Texas on Wed Aug 02 2017

I owned this car for 8 years and LOVED every minute of it. EXCELLENT handling! SUPER fun to drive! Very reliable and never left me stranded. Would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Great car!

by Pjt from TN on Mon Jul 16 2012

Traded down from an 8 seater SUV- love the gas mileage! Great pick up and handling, back is small, but not unusable. I still need to buy groceries for 5 and was concerned they wouldn't fit in the trunk, but they do! Convertible trunk was too small but hatchback trunk is great! It is a little loud when starting up, radio is ok, not great.

Great Purchase Decision

by New Beetle Fan from Denver, CO on Mon Sep 18 2017

I love this car. I had never owned a VW. It is comfortable, roomy, sporty, and I am impressed with the engine performance. It truly has lots of zip. I also feel very safe in this car. It feels solid in every aspect. One of the best car buying decisions I have ever made.

out of 5 starsReliability

Great Vehicle

by Bug Lover from Baltimore Md on Mon Oct 06 2008

I love my bug. best vehicle I ever owned. I bought it new. Researched several vehicles before I purchased this one. Great value for the price. 3 years free maintenance is a plus.

Love it but...

by Luvinthetopdown from Outer Banks on Sun Nov 13 2011

I do really like this car. It is fun to drive, gets good MPG, looks cute. But I do have a minor complaint or two. The visibility out the back with the top down leaves something to be desired for those of us who are not particularly tall. With the top up there are still significant blind spots. Also what's with the access to the trunk? You hit the release and then scratch the car everytime you try to get your hand under the lid. Shouldn't there be some kind of protective pad so you can lift the lid without constantly marking the body in that same spot? I'm not taking off my ring everytime I want to raise the trunk. I also think the paint job is a little thin. I see chips in the hood/door jambs that really shouldn't be there. Only 4/5 stars.

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

Volkswagen's New Beetle is a classic love-it-or-hate-it car. Even though the model has been on the road virtually unchanged for 12 years, people still have strong opinions about the retro-styled Bug. During my week driving a convertible Beetle, some called it "cute" and others laughed and pointed because a dash-mounted flower holder still comes standard. The Beetle hasn't aged gracefully in its 12-year lifetime, which shows mostly on the inside. In its time on the road, compelling alternatives have appeared, including the Mini Cooper convertible and Volkswagen's own Eos retractable-hardtop convertible.

Most small convertibles are sports cars, often with two seats, but the Beetle is a compact ragtop... Read More