2006 Passat

2006 Volkswagen Passat

2006 Volkswagen Passat

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2006 Volkswagen Passat?

Passat 2.0T Value Edition

by satisfied passat owner from clifton, new jersey on Wed Jun 21 2006

I first saw this car on the internet and i fell in love with it. It's ride is phenominal and i chose this car over Lexus, Bmw, Mercedes and Audi. I couldn't be happier and for $299 per month with no money out of pocket, i got a great deal. This car is quick and i found myself doing 100+ miles per hour when i first got it. Now that i have become accustomed to the car i drive much slower. I would suggest this car to anyone and i will be getting another when my lease is up.

My favorite car ever!

by Passatt Lover!!! from Prairieville, LA 70769 on Fri Oct 25 2013

This Passatt is reliable, comfortable & good on gas. I love it!!! I am planning on buying another one.

Happy with my purchase

by TheDudeAbides from Atlanta, GA on Thu May 12 2016

I purchased a 2006 Passat with 50,000 miles on it a few years ago. I am over 110,000 miles now and all I've ever had to do was change the oil and go. It's obviously not a luxury car, but the reliability makes up for it.

Best car I've owned!

by Car guy from Orem utah on Wed Jan 29 2014

Sold my 2000 jetta with 230k and bought my passat. Absolutely love this car! No troubles and still going strong with 130k on it. Best car I've owned so far!

BEst Car I've Owned

by G from Sacramento on Sat Apr 14 2007

Lots of great little features that you wouldn't think of. Great handling and we are very happy with the car. Purchased premium sound and nav system and WOW what a great investment that was. SacBee newspaper ran an article that Passat and Audi A6 were almost the same car ((??))

Almost no issues; Postive experience

by First-time VW driver from MA on Sun Dec 10 2006

I bought this in September 2005 (new) and currently have 23k miles on it. I love almost everything about this car, and 99% of the time I actually find myself smiling because it's so much fun to drive. I've had some issues with the engine light coming on (MIL) randomly. They misdiagnosed it a couple times, and eventually what I had been telling them from the start (the seal in the fuel tank/line is leaking) turned out to be true and it was resolved. This was the only real annoyance, which was partially my fault for not wanting to go in. Other than that, some chrome began peeling off the shifter after about a month and there was some minor adjustment to be made on the sunroof. They were quick to fix and not a big deal...initial bugs. I wanted to respond to another reviewer who was complaining about the audio volume and the tire pressure light. The volume is speed-responsive, which can be annoying but is increasingly standard on new cars. I've also noticed mine turn down the volume when I have the bass and volume turned very high, apparently to save the speakers (and my hearing). I noticed the tire pressure light come on during the first big winter freeze, with some alarm. It did it this winter, too (and only these 2 times) but this is a result of the much colder air (think balloon in the freezer). I'm actually happy the car let me know I should add a little more air, rather than having no sensitivity to this and leaving me to drive through the snow and ice with less-than-optimum tires... I'm undecided what to do when my lease ends, because I'm worried about expensive electrical stuff once the warranty ends. I may buy it anyways, or lease another Passat or A6.

VR6-4motion Passat 06

by VeeDubLuv from SWMO on Sat Sep 01 2012

Passing my 2.0T on to my oldest college-bound kiddo. It's an 06 with 100k. Still love that car and it's been good to me. Wanted an AWD for Midwest winters. I found a one-owner with 57k (06 too). Love it. 286HP vs 200HP with a couple steps up in trim level. Mine didn't have Xenon/HID or the DyneAudio system. So, I've added some "whiter" halogens and am upgrading the speakers and adding an amp. I'll likely keep the factory HU though--I like the indigo/crimson look. In short: fun, classy, dependable ride.

The first VW I've owned, and I am sold on VW

by VW guy from Georgia on Tue Jul 03 2007

Love this car......German quality, best car I've owned. You feel like your driving a vehicle that should cost so much more. Its like an Audi. I love the looks. No wonder people love VW

Ten Years, The Good and The Bad

by JustTheFacts from Dallas, TX on Thu May 17 2018

I have owned this car for 10 years and have never had any major problems with the engine or major parts. However, the electrical system continues to have issues such as the car sometimes will not lock. I will take this back in to the VW service again. If the key fob fails, the car has to be towed to a VW center to re-program. The interior is falling apart, including the headliner, the seats and anything else attached by glue. So it is a good car except for the interior.

Does not recommend this car!!

Super reliable

by Alonso on Sat Dec 16 2017

The car always runs without any issues, I've had full size trucks with constant repairs and this car has never given me any headaches. I've put about 40,000 miles on the car and it still hugs the road.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Volkswagen Passat

The 2006 VW Passat arrives just in time for me to jump in and pick my kids up from school. Admittedly, I'm running a tad late, but what's new? I jump in, adjust the seat (which I'll get to a little later) and mirrors and try to start the car. How do I start this thing?

There's no key, just a key fob and a slot that it seems to fit in. It doesn't turn, however. OK, I'm running way too late now to fuss with it, so out comes the owner's manual. Let's see ... insert the key fob, and press in to start. Whatever happened to turning a key to start a car's engine? It's a little strange at first, but I quickly adapt and overcome and am soon running errands like a champ in the '06 Passat.

Now, back to those seats... Read More