1989 Volvo 740

Swedish Tank

by from Albuquerque, NM on September 5, 2017

It's a safe vehicle for its age. Turbo lag at high altitude is noticeable with the Garrett turbocharger, but it's fun :)

This makes Volvo #5...

by from Louisville, KY on April 20, 2009

My 1989 Volvo 740 GL, is the true definition of a Volvo, as are many cars. With only 130,000 miles on it, it still feels and runs like new. I have never been in a more comfortable and inviting interior than this one. Forget all of the luxuries and gadgets, this Volvo has the simplest of the simplest controls, and the best of the best quality. The exterior styling is classic Volvo, boxy and noticeable. The 4 cyl. engine isn't quick, but it's as solid as a rock and has my trust anytime, anywhere. I now look forward to having the 740 apart of the 2 850's, 240, and V70 in my garage.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Volvo 740