1993 940

1993 Volvo 940

$850 - $850  MSRP Range
1993 Volvo 940

3 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 1993 Volvo 940?

Wish I had another just like it

by Fogey Dad from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Apr 09 2010

Our 1993 Volvo 940 wagon has been remarkable; it is the best car I have every had for highway driving. Not great acceleration, no cup holders, stodgy styling, but just keeps going without complaint or anything other than routine maintenance. The wonderfully plain, rectangular shape means it can haul all the stuff we take with us on our annual sojourn to Maine and still fit all the stuff we acquire when there. I wish I had one for parts as I can't imaging this one will last forever, even though, so far, it is behaving as though it will!

My Favorite Car

by VolvoFanatic from St. Louis on Wed Feb 27 2013

An accident finally ended my car's 204,000-mile life. I was the 2nd owner of my 940 Turbo wagon, and I drove it over 120,000 miles in 8 years. While expensive to repair, these cars rarely need anything more than routine maintenance. The power train on these cars are virtually indestructible, but I must confess the electrical systems are relatively sub-par. If you ask me, I'd rather depend on my car to drive than heat my seats. As for the design, I think it's truly a smart car: it's compact yet ergonomically sound interior, though a bit tight for taller/larger people, is both elegant and understated. And yes, while the boxy exterior is not for all aesthetic palates, I happen to love it -- it's unique. The only true downside to this car is its performance in the snow. Being rear-wheel drive, there's not a lot of expectations for high performance; however, I found it was exceptionally bad, even compared to other rear-wheel vehicles. In all, this will be remembered as my favorite car. I can't imagine owning another car that will match its value in terms of reliability or character.

My second car

by manufaktur from Lansdale on Fri Oct 06 2017

I'm proud to have this box on a wheel, tank or whatever it is called in different way but yes I love my 1993 Volvo 940 Wagon. I'm the 3rd owner, and I got this car when it had 213k miles. It will be good for another 100k miles and much more with minimal maintenance. it just goes from point A to B no problem. If you're thinking about long road trip but want to save mileage for your brand new leased or owned cars, you might wanna consider buying this car to go worry-free. Unfortunately, these Volvo 940 wagon are extremely rare so good luck finding one. I had to go and win through 8-people competition to get this car.

Does not recommend this car!!