2008 C70

2008 Volvo C70

2008 Volvo C70

Have You Driven the 2008 Volvo C70?

So far my favorite car of all

by grandpagus from Brookfield, WI on Sat Aug 13 2016

I just purchased a 2008 Volvo 2008 C70 T5. I have had my eyes on this for sometime. I have to say after a little under a month of ownership it has been a dream. It had 123,000 miles but in very good condition. The dealership replaced a lot of needed things before our final deal. I put about $300 in cosmetics and now I have a new car. It drives great. The grandgirls fit very nicely in the back and have a blast. It handles and drives better then any car I have ever owned. I just love looking at it.

WOW!!

by Volvoman from Arden, NC on Sat Jul 16 2016

Been searching for a dependable, comfortable, stylish, easy operating, convertible for years. (I've previously owned 5 other makes.) This may be "The One"! More room and stowage than BMWs. Not as thirsty as 8 or six cylinder models. Much more power than 4 cylinders. Indeed, seems almost as strong an engine/body weight match as my '69 Firebird V-8 was! Plus Volvo's onus upon safety. The 910 Watts ProLogic II suround sound system has 12 (twelve!) Dynaudio speakers plus two 8" sub woofers. WOOF!!! On the downside...this years model didn't come with a USB port, so I had to use the audio jack outlet in the center glove box to 'patch' my iPhone into the sound system and the result is not as powerful. It does have a 6 disk (in dash) CD. Car bought from dealer with new Hankook tires filed to the Volvo recommended 36 psi. Handling and ride was somewhat spongy. Raised tire psi to 40 which helped and improved mileage 2 mpg to 24.5 (combined driving). Put on iPd performance anti sway bar kit and voila! No more loosey goosey steering. Steering and responsiveness much improved! Car purchased used with 65,000 miles. Needed to add 1 qt. oil after only 3,000 miles. My clue (until check engine service light came on) was sooty black buildup on the rear end and 1/4 panels. The bottom of the windshield is noticeably curved which distorts view for a few inches. The inside rear view mirror can cause a blind spot in a critical front view for tall (6' individuals). Sitting lower helps but is not my first preference.) The outside rear view mirrors are located a bit too far back for may 6' seating position.

In Florida You Just Can't Go Wrong!

by Just Cruising from Tampa Florida on Mon Oct 03 2011

Love cruising around with the top down!! Smooth ride, lots of bells and whistles very classic with the real wood on the console. Tends to be a little creaky with all the moving parts but that is really my only complaint. Living in Florida you just can't go wrong with this car! Certainly is a head turner and so glad we traded our very old Honda Civic base model for something much more luxurious. Obviously no comparision. It's much nicer then the BMW Convertible we were thinking about.

Great Car

by Rod B. from Chicago, Il on Thu Mar 12 2015

I never thought I'd own a Volvo. I brought my CPO 2008 C70 in Florida in 2011 with 31,000 miles from Westin Volvo. After owning BMW's and Mercede's this is a great car, solid, dependable and well put together. I currently have 80,000 miles, live in Chicago and did not think a convertible would work during the winters. After a change of tires from summer tires to all season tires the first winter and three winters this is still a great car. The maintenance is reasonable, the ride is good and the performance with 240 Hp is not what you would expect and this car still turns heads. When I'm done with this car I'll keep it as a back up especially since it is convertible. Rod

C70 Exhilaration

by Silver Fox from Northeast Ohio on Wed Jun 29 2011

This car exceeded my expectations for comfort and ride. Having the automatic roof is the way to go. Car handles well and hold the road on wet surfaces. Comfortably seats 4 adults, but the ride can be windy in the back with the roof down. Dash offers a very simple to use design and is very stylish. I cannot drive the car without heads turning.

Very well conceived, comfortable, well designed...

by Volvo driver from Belgium on Sat Aug 30 2008

I drive my C70 for +/- 1 year now, and appreciate the high polyvalence of the car. It is very well conceived : spacy for a coupe / cabrio, performant 2.0D motor, comfortable.

Great car

by hex from Houston on Tue Nov 27 2012

Great performance. Awesome looks. Fun convertible. Smoth. It's tough to be both sexy and safe, but Volvo accomplished both in this car.

A Fun and Safe Car

by Keeshu52 from Mesa, AZ on Wed Mar 14 2018

I really enjoy my Volvo C70 hardtop convertible which gives me the best of two worlds. I can let the top down and feel free but still safe or have the top up which cancels ourside noise.

I LOVE this car!

by sports fan from Orlando FL on Sat Oct 27 2018

I love the C70 T5 Convertible. It is so much fun to drive, and I also like that's is so safe. As a single mom I wanted a safe, reliable, and useable car, but I also wanted a convertible with a racy side. I love that it's safe

Fun car to own.

by hokiefan from Virginia on Sun Dec 17 2017

Solid vehicle with lots of safety features, but fun to drive with good acceleration and sporty handling.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Volvo C70

There are rules to driving convertibles.

The first is simple: If you're not in a hail storm or hurricane, put the top down.

If it's snowing, use the heater.

If it's raining, drive faster.

And when the top is down, your windows should be too -- and I mean all of them.

When I recently hopped into the 2008 Volvo C70, I thought I was following all of the rules correctly. But only after I pulled off the road, I noticed the rear window sticking, cutting through the air like a shark's fin in the ocean. For shame.

There's a simple but elegant beauty with the C70. Watching those magnificent pieces of the roof slide together and fall gently into the trunk makes me giddy. A hundred miles in the C70 is a breeze... Read More