2012 C70

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

A great crusing convertible

by car guy from florida on June 21, 2012

This car rides well, is very comfortable and the engine is peppy and very smooth. I have owned many performance cars and while this is clearly not a performance car, it is an very well built car for cruising and pure fun. I feel it to be a very good value considering the competition. JD Powers just rated it as most relibale in its class...the seats are great!

Bought a 2012 in April 2011 - Still love it

by Jackson from Philly Burbs on August 18, 2016

I have owned this car for 5 years and it performs and looks as good as the day I purchased. I've had minimal maintenance issues. Car handles great with excellent pickup. Vehicle is very solid and heavy and I had to have brake pads replaced at 25k which was my only repair over $100.. The 2012 had an upgraded design from the 2011. Basic soundsytem is Bose and is excellent. The trunk space W/ roof up is huge! Roof down, space is tight but adequate. I wish I purchased the Ltd edition red and silver model but bought blue which seems like the most common. The styling was trend setting and looks contemporary. I'm torn between trading it in for a newer model or keeping forever as a classic. Another reviewer mentioned window falling out of canvas - must be a very old model. The c70 has been a hardtop since 2006. I'm an urban driver and am avg. 20mpg which is not great, but since mfg recommends reg unleaded, not an issue. No regrets w/this car. Love it!

A Great Convertible

by Cartalk Fan from Boulder, CO on June 4, 2012

I bought the C70 new and have been very happy with it after 6 weeks. It has sleek interior and exterior styling -- not one of the boxy utilitarian Volves of the past. I chose it because of the styling , the front-wheel drive, the retractable hard top, and overall value. I've enjoyed riding with the top down almost the entire time, but with the top up, it rides like a luxury sedan -- smooth and quiet -- with good handling and performance. It will be a four-season car (ok, maybe not in deep snow). A couple things to note: trunk space is limited with the top down (as you'd expect), but the opening under the top could be a little taller to grant easier access, and the BlueTooth system is generally OK, but I still haven't gotten voice-dialing to work -- maybe it needs a SW upgrade. Overall, very pleased. If you want the joy of a convertible, but still need to convince yourself it's practical -- this is the car (it's a Volvo, after all).

Fun but...

by Ruby Tuesday from Tucson, AZ on August 1, 2014

Only had the car for a month. Lots of fun to drive, lots of fun to show off the hard-top convertible function, but I am not sure why the A/C smells a bit acrid sometimes. The clock is fast. The bluetooth connection is not reliable and the phone functions are far less than intuitive, even dysfunctional at times. Hard top is GREAT for a desert dweller like me. Don't have to worry about a ragtop disintegrating in the sun. So it's a nice toy, but I won't be able to put up with for more than a couple of years or so. Too bad. I love love love driving it around, but electronics are really flaky.

Does not recommend this car!!

practical servicable fun car

by Swede car from louisiana on October 30, 2012

This car is safe, responsive, plesant to drive and has all the features I want in a Lux. vehicle with all the ecectronis do dat's that most european cars are load up with. I believe this to be a quality Mfg.practicle vehicle that i can live with for a long, long time .

Pleasant Surprise

by Momalicious from Louisville, Ky on June 13, 2015

I have had my used Volvo for a week now and am so impressed. It is beautiful, which I knew ahead of time. With the top down, it is head-turning. Much different than the boxy Volvo sedan I drove 20 years ago. I have been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it is, how peppy it is with the turbocharged engine, and how well-thought-out some of its features are. So far gas mileage is better than I expected (about 23 mpg). I was not a person who would ever consider driving a convertible until I discovered that Volvo, with its reputation for safety excellence, made one. It is a bonus that it has front-wheel drive since we get some ice and other yuck in the winter. I am sure there are higher-performance cars in this class but I don't need a high-performance car. This has plenty of pep and everything else I need plus a little Wow factor.

dream car

by Elizabeth from WILMINGTON, NC on July 19, 2017

The interior has enough room to seat 4 the hard top converitible is a great alternative to a sedan. Handles great in a busy town with lots of traffic.

Best hard top convertible

by NowaVolvofan from North Providence RI on August 13, 2017

This car is stylish, sporty and utterly amazing. I test drove a Toyota Solara before I bought this Volvo. The Toyota rattled at every bump. Not the Volvo though. It is a good solid car.

My US bought 20112 Volov C70

by Silverwraith from Vancouver BC on April 9, 2012

I bought this car in Caifornia with only 2000 miles on it to import into Canada. With everything costed I saved about $25,000 on an equivalent Canadian vehicle. I like the car, the seats are not as supportive as I had hoped but Im going from an Audi S4 cabriolet, so I guess I need to get used to front wheel drive and 5 cylinders not 8. I love the design and the apperance, the finish is excellent and the hard top convertible is poetry in motion. I expect this car to be a keeper.

Nice car and conformable ride

by Bouch from Litchfield Ct on February 17, 2018

Great car to drive, easy handling and comfortable. I recommend a Volvo to anyone in need of a safe and reliable car. I've owned a number of Volvos over the years and have never been disappointed. The dealers has always been helpful to fit me with the model that works well for me and my family.

1 2