2012 Volvo C 70

Best hard top convertible

by from North Providence RI on August 13, 2017

This car is stylish, sporty and utterly amazing. I test drove a Toyota Solara before I bought this Volvo. The Toyota rattled at every bump. Not the Volvo though. It is a good solid car.

Love my used 2012 Volvo C70

by from San Jose, CA on August 13, 2017

Been contemplating purchasing this model for a while now and finally took the plunge after locating a 2012 in great shape with decent mileage. Very pleased with how the car looks and drives since purchasing a month ago. Dealer experience was smooth and overall time for the purchase was about 2 hours - not bad. Nothing beats a convertible with the wind blowing through your hair and this car is tough to beat.

dream car

by from WILMINGTON, NC on July 19, 2017

The interior has enough room to seat 4 the hard top converitible is a great alternative to a sedan. Handles great in a busy town with lots of traffic.

Uses car for Havingfun

Great California Car - a Volvo Convertible!

by from Albany, CA on May 2, 2017

Awesome! Awaiting the new ones to come back - the C90! Volvo cars are dependable, safe, and classy! I will not buy another brand - our family has four running now - and looking to buy another!

Looks nice, but that's where it ends.

by from Glenview, IL on February 26, 2017

Looks nice, but that's where it ends. I can't believe that I got suckered in to buying this underperforming heap.

My 2nd C70 and happier than a pig in the mud

by from Virginia, USA on September 1, 2016

I initially owned a 2010 C70 that I bought used and had the opportunity to buy a 2012 Inscription edition w/low mileage. No regrets, no issues in three years of driving. This one is tricked out w/all the options, the Polestar performance chip, low profile tires, 5-spoke wheels, BLIS, and an after market Garmin/Volvo GPS that is better than the stock version that comes with many. The extra 25 hp and boosted torque actually results in higher HP, higher torque and lower curb weight than a BMW 428, although the 0-60 time is about .5 secs slower, it still feels great and costs 1/2 of the 428. No, I'm not a youngster, so I did not buy it as a sports car, but for a sane operator that wants quality, class, good performance, good looks (body by Italian designer Pininfarina) and a good investment (hopefully), I have zero regrets about buying this car. To keep in mind, the 2012 C70 Inscription came only in black and white, and only 250 of each were sold in the US. If you find one, you will be making a rare catch. The "Platinum" equipped 2012 Volvo C70s are close to the same, but a genuine Inscription from 2012 is a good deal if you can find one. Good luck!

Bought a 2012 in April 2011 - Still love it

by from Philly Burbs on August 18, 2016

I have owned this car for 5 years and it performs and looks as good as the day I purchased. I've had minimal maintenance issues. Car handles great with excellent pickup. Vehicle is very solid and heavy and I had to have brake pads replaced at 25k which was my only repair over $100.. The 2012 had an upgraded design from the 2011. Basic soundsytem is Bose and is excellent. The trunk space W/ roof up is huge! Roof down, space is tight but adequate. I wish I purchased the Ltd edition red and silver model but bought blue which seems like the most common. The styling was trend setting and looks contemporary. I'm torn between trading it in for a newer model or keeping forever as a classic. Another reviewer mentioned window falling out of canvas - must be a very old model. The c70 has been a hardtop since 2006. I'm an urban driver and am avg. 20mpg which is not great, but since mfg recommends reg unleaded, not an issue. No regrets w/this car. Love it!

Pleasant Surprise

by from Louisville, Ky on June 13, 2015

I have had my used Volvo for a week now and am so impressed. It is beautiful, which I knew ahead of time. With the top down, it is head-turning. Much different than the boxy Volvo sedan I drove 20 years ago. I have been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it is, how peppy it is with the turbocharged engine, and how well-thought-out some of its features are. So far gas mileage is better than I expected (about 23 mpg). I was not a person who would ever consider driving a convertible until I discovered that Volvo, with its reputation for safety excellence, made one. It is a bonus that it has front-wheel drive since we get some ice and other yuck in the winter. I am sure there are higher-performance cars in this class but I don't need a high-performance car. This has plenty of pep and everything else I need plus a little Wow factor.

Fun but...

by from Tucson, AZ on August 1, 2014

Only had the car for a month. Lots of fun to drive, lots of fun to show off the hard-top convertible function, but I am not sure why the A/C smells a bit acrid sometimes. The clock is fast. The bluetooth connection is not reliable and the phone functions are far less than intuitive, even dysfunctional at times. Hard top is GREAT for a desert dweller like me. Don't have to worry about a ragtop disintegrating in the sun. So it's a nice toy, but I won't be able to put up with for more than a couple of years or so. Too bad. I love love love driving it around, but electronics are really flaky.

Nickle and dime ya to death.

by from Annapolis, MD on November 27, 2012

Bought this car used for my wife who was tired of owning Chrysler Convertibles. Never again. In 2 years I have had to replace the Front Struts and Mounts, twice. Every repair will cost twice as much as a Domestic car, If you can find the parts or not have to wait for them for 6 months. I pay extra for the registration because it is an overweight vehicle. The sound system is of poor quality and can not be turned up loud enough with the top down. The top needs special adjustments to keep it opening and closing properly and the back window just fell out of it because the canvas shrank. This car is for rich people who can afford to keep spending big $ on maintenance.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Volvo C 70