2007 Volvo S 40

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY! Dependable/Safe/A Volvo!

by from New York New York on August 17, 2017

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY! Dependable, safe, great in snow and rain (AWD), excellent gas mileage for a heavy car (30mpg+), always serviced at Volvo dealership in Exeter, NH (records available), strong Volvo design.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very Reliable, Understated Style

by from Michigan on August 17, 2017

This car has been very reliable and can make it through all conditions. The AWD, great balance, and overall handling make it unstoppable through all winter conditions and fun to drive in warmer weath...
This car has been very reliable and can make it through all conditions. The AWD, great balance, and overall handling make it unstoppable through all winter conditions and fun to drive in warmer weather.

One Owner, 100% Volvo-Serviced S40 T5, $4,900

by from New York New York on August 6, 2017

This is an excellent. inexpensive, reliable , safe Volvo. It has been owned for the past 10 years by my 84-year-old Mother in Derry, NH. She had it serviced at the dealership where she bought it (Exeter, NH) the entire time. We recently replaced two tires and put in a new battery. The T5 version of the S40 has great pickup and handling, as well as the usual Volvo weight and solid, safe construction and multiple airbags.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

First car and it was a good choice.

by from Saint Francisville on July 25, 2017

It didn't let me down so far. the gas mileage is a bit low but everything else about my Volvo is good.

most reliable car i've owned

by from on May 30, 2017

Ride safely, comfortly and quietly. Four door Sedan With Moon Roof great for summer time cruising. Grips the Road and very stable. Great savings due to reliability.

Volvo S40

by from Tacoma, Washington on April 23, 2017

I bought the car used at around 74k miles. I have had it for about a month and it honestly is a great car. I have driven Ford Explorers, VW TDIs, a Volvo s70, and this is probably my favorite car. It feels like a well built car, the interior is perfectly simple. The exterior is great. A huge trunk. The only negatives I can think of their is not alot of leg room for people sitting in the back and the I wish the car was a bit faster.

S40

by from Florida on November 29, 2011

The bad....Rear seat leg room is non existant. Trunk space is limited, set of golf clubs will not fit sideways. Side curtian too big. The good... Everything else about this car.

Awsome car

by from indiana on January 27, 2011

Great car... I loved it... i have had 3 volvos since 2004... and the s40 has been the best car... never had a failure or any related problem

LOVE LOVE LOVE my S40!

by from Boston, MA on June 29, 2010

- Sleek exterior, lots of compliments on the look of my white S40! -Gas mileage is about 310 miles per tank (majority of the miles are highway) with mid-grade gas. -Roomy inside (front/back seats). Interior is simple, not much storage. -Trunk is smaller than my previous compact car. -Acceleration is not the best, sometimes it takes a few seconds to pick up when pulling onto the highway. Great value for a luxury vehicle. Not too many bells & whistles but more than your average Honda or Toyota. I would highly recommend an s40 to anyone looking for a small, compact vehicle that is classy, luxurious, and practical! Perfect for someone just out of college or starting a career who wants something that will turn heads but not empty your wallet.

Stay away from this vehicle

by from Montgomery, AL on June 2, 2010

I bought this vehicle in April of 2009 at a local dealership. After a month of owning this car, it started to have this weird humming / knocking sound. I took it to the dealership and was told everything was okay and there was nothing to worry about. 5 months go by and then I have a check engine light that popped up, keep in mind I still have this light sound of knocking come from under my hood. I take it back to the dealership and everything "so-called" checks out fine. On May 31, 2010 The knocking got really loud. I take it back to the dealership and they say I need a new motor. They tell me unfortunately, my warranty expired 1,600 miles ago and it will cost $6500 to fix my car; a car I only owe $9500 on. In case your wandering, I made sure they checked my fluids and yes, my oil was fine and now burnt. Now, I'm left with No car, no transportation, and only one option, let them repo my car and file bankruptsy. If ANYONE has had this same problem PLEASE post to warn others!!!