2004 S60

2004 Volvo S60

$953 - $8,185  MSRP Range
2004 Volvo S60

Have You Driven the 2004 Volvo S60?

Love Affair

by Army Scout Pilot from Colorado Springs, CO on Sat Oct 04 2008

I've been a fan of the Volvo S60 series since I leased my first 2002 model (T5). Even after three years, everytime I walked out to a parking lot and saw my S60 there I'd think to myself what a beautiful looking car it was. I liked it so much I had to buy out my lease just to keep it. Then a year later the illogical desire to "get a newer car" hit me. I looked at all the other options (BMW, AUDI, etc.) but kept finding myself coming back to the S60. So it was when I saw my red on beige S60R I was smitten. I loved the look of the car so much I flew across the country to pick it up and drove it back home on a three day trip. I was not disappointed. The moment I drove off the lot, which also happened to be the first time I drove the S60R I knew I'd made a good decision. It was everything the T5 model had been and much more. The power this vehicle kicks out is awesome. The smoothness of the engine is luxurious and the growl during excelleration is intoxicating. Gone is the annoying turbo lag which I suffered through with my T5, replaced by immediate torque off the line. And the ability of this car to accelerate for passing... simply thrilling. The reliability has been very good with no significant issues and only a few minor problems such as a power seat motor went out. But our local Vovlo dealer is so customer friendly it's almost a treat to take my Volvo in. And to top it off it's just gorgeous. I've got the itch to "get a new car" again but I don't think I'm going to, because every time I look at my S60R I'm startled at how good it looks. Combine that with how great it performs and I just don't see how I can get rid of it.

S60R - Better than a M series

by 2playok from milwaukee, WI on Thu Jun 04 2009

Bang for the buck, this is one of the best cars on the road. It's not well known and I would not have purchased it except for a sales man at a BMW dealership. I was disappointed with the 5 series. Seats were not comfortable (German engineering), car was not quick, lacked options unless you wanted to pay for them. I have owned several collector type cars and this is in a class by it self (90 300ZX twin turbo, 94 Subaru SVX, RX7). An in-line turbo charged 5 cylinder putting out 300hp to a great 4 wheel drive system. You get the performance of a 6 for the gas milage of a 4 (25mpg all around). 0-60 is around 5.4sec. There are some after market chip upgrades which can increase the horsepower about 50 and increase the torque around 50. This could put the 0-60 time close to the 5 second mark, which not many cars can brag about. This car was designed with Rally Racing in mind for the weekends and family driving during the week. Brakes - 4 piston Brembos that stop on a dime. The coolest function is the nose of the vehicle will not dip no matter the speed and force on the brakes. The vehicle will stiffen the front struts which helps to keep the tires on the ground and shortens the distance. Interior - Volvo is know for having great seat designs for safety and comfort. And they hit this one on the head. the lumbar support is just enough in the corners, but not noticeable during normal driving. Most manufactures either did not put enough or too much to the point that it's uncomfortable. The leather is soft and wears well. 70K+ and no real signs of driver lumbar wear, which is normally the first to wear. Gas - It is RECOMMENDED to run premium to get the 300HP, not needed like many believe. The computer system will adjust for lower grade fuels with a loss in horsepower. Many will not notice the difference, but if your going to get a car like this don't be cheap on the gas. Other bells and whistles - Glass headlamps, headlight wipers and spray, rain sensing wipers, optional areo and spoiler package which makes a world of difference and is a must, 3 different suspension settings - comfort, sport, and advanced, adjustable shift points for auto trans based on suspension settings (runs higher RPM,s and will not down shift as quick), a button that will fold down the rear head rests for better visibility. best handling of any luxury sports sedan.

2004 Volvo S60 AWD

by Jeff from California on Tue May 03 2011

Very powerful car. Outstanding internal and external quality. Stylish. Enjoyable to drive on windy roads snaking up or down the mountains. Very roomy. Two down sides: 1) It it has horrible angle to park. It makes you look like a new driver. 2) You feel all the possible bumps on the road. Very stiff suspension even when it's set on 'comfort' mode. I still think it's one of the best cars out there. I enjoy driving it everyday.

181,000 miles and still going strong

by Love my volvo from on Sun Apr 03 2011

I bought this car new in 2004 and just went over 181,000 miles. I have had a few minor issues over the years but the car still runs great and is great condition. I plan on driving this car well over 200k miles. I am having some electrical issues (drivers window and possible passenger window moters not working correctly) but I'll get them fixed and move on. I am not sure I like the new S60 but will test drive it before I buy a new car.

# 8 and still loving Volvo

by Volvo Enthusiast from North Palm Beach, FL on Sat Dec 22 2012

I bought my 8th Volvo, a 2004 S60 with 89,000 miles. I love the lumbar seats, the way it handles and even though it's 8 years old it is still a sharp looking car. The turning radius is not as sharp as others I've owned but still pretty tight. The leather seats look like brand new and the premium sound system is excellent. I've owned a 140, 240, 70, V70, S60, S80 and the S60 is my favorite. Find a local mechanic(non-dealership) and you'll pay a bit more than other brands but in my book it's money well spent for a great car!

I'll have another please!

by Orchidgal from Lexington, Ky on Sat Sep 01 2012

Ordinarily I wouldn't have purchased a car of this age, but it had less than 58,000miles on it, was priced really well, and the interior looked like it hadn't been used. Well worth the money, and will buy another Volvo as my next vehicle-IF this one ever needs replacing. I love it!

More Car Than You Would Ever Expect - Drive One 2C

by William from STL, MO on Mon Aug 28 2006

These cars are almost as computerized as a Formula One race car. It will surprise you how much control the car has over itself, which makes driving safer for you and your family. Mine gets great gas mileage, especially for a car with this much horsepower (300Hp). Overall it is probably the best all-around high-performance luxury sedan.

2004 s60

by sports car enthusiast from mass on Mon Feb 23 2015

I have 212000 miles and it still has alot of pep. A little expensive to fix but all in all a good value

One for the road!!!

by Raquel from Edwards Air Force Base on Sat Mar 30 2013

Would recommend my S60 2.5T all the way around! Its everything & more to me. I'm always looking for safety then economic, & if there's room for looks & comfort left over those are the perks! This is the one for the road! safety is top of the line ~ I did my research, the gas is great for long or short trips if your not a lead foot( i'm a cruise control gal)...the ride is so smooth & the looks is outstanding! WOW LOVE,LOVE,LOVE This car

2004 S60R

by RX7-R1 from Piscataway, NJ on Fri Jul 21 2017

All wheel drive needs updates especially in wet weather where it whines. Performance is outstanding and the quality of car is great. Again, good luck with maintenance and repairs past 50K miles.

1 2 3 4 5