2013 S60

2013 Volvo S60

2013 Volvo S60

Have You Driven the 2013 Volvo S60?

Great ride

by Hashmd from Central Valley, CA on Tue Dec 24 2013

I have 16,000 miles in 11 months in this car. I now look forward to long drives in it. 10 hours to Vegas, no problem. Quiet interior, TREMENDOUS seats that do not make you feel beat up after a long ride. The month after I bought it, my wife was 6 hours away taking my daughter to visit colleges. Wife called at 10PM-"I forgot my medicines!" Jumped in car and drove to L.A. Could only sleep 2 hours, then had to go back to go to work. That trip alone sold me on the comfort of this car! T5 FWD is more than enough power. Save money, go without the Nav. I use my smartphone, bluetooth it to the stereo. Then I play my own music, or Pandora, etc. and use Google Maps or Apple Maps to guide me. Never get distracted by staring at a screen looking for the next turn!

A Step Up

by AKAWD from Anchorage, Alaska on Fri Nov 01 2013

My first Volvo and I was a little scared about durability, reliability being a problem in such an inhospitable place. This is a step up from the regular Subaru models I get and I am supremely impressed. The S60 is extremely comfortable, ergonomic and has proven reliable over the past year. The AWD is as good or better than Subaru's system but I suspect AWD doesn't vary much when you get down to it. I never would have thought of Volvo as something I would really enjoy but as it turns out, I love it!

S60 T5 experience

by First Time Volvo Buyer from Washington State on Wed Jul 03 2013

Although reliability is questionable after having the car for less than a month, car should yield good reliability from past history of company. Very comfortable cabin, with quiet operating. Creature comforts are adequate, but lack small cubbies for glasses and other personal items normally offered in other vehicles.

Great car

by Spike1 from Gallatin Gateway on Thu Mar 30 2017

2013 Volvo S60 FWD great ride and lots of power, comfortable and stylish. Drove it 700 miles the first day.

A lot of car for the money

by Kanadakid from Milford, NJ on Sun Mar 10 2013

I really had my choice of any car i wanted. I had no pre conceived ideas about what I wanted. The Audi A4 and A 5 offered nothing. Thought the car was small cramped and lackluster. I liked the top of the live VW Passat TDI more than the Audi. I drove the BMW 328 and 535. I liked the 328 better than the 535. It was a fun car to drive and really was my second choice. Cadilac and Mercedes also didn't do much for me. The Volvo immediately appealed to all my senses. It was very comfortable, quiet, smart styling, tons of features and saftey beyond compare. The car has great throttle response and feels nailed to the road. Can't speak to it's reliability as I have only owned ot for a month. from my perspective this car puts it all together better than any other car in it's class. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Solid Performer, Beautiful Styling

by JerrySC from Charleston SC on Wed Feb 06 2013

The T5 has more than enough power for the average driver. Acceleration is brisk and handling is very good. The engine is eager and surprisingly good on gas (30MPG Highway). The ride is stable and comfortable. The interior is quiet, although there is some minor wind noise caused by the exterior mirrors above 60 MPH. Fit and finish on this vehicle, inside and out, is on par with Lexus. The City Safe system has been unobtrusive. Controls are simple, well placed and intuitive. All in all the car is a good value. Predicted reliability is noteworthy on this model. Many newer cars are foregoing a spare tire and this one has followed suit. (Corvettes have done so for more than a decade.) An electric tire pump and a can of puncture sealer is provided. Even in the event of a sidewall puncture, with 4-year free roadside assistance this shouldn't be a detraction. All in all, a great car for the money.

Great Car (S60 T5)

by LVolvos from Tacoma on Fri Sep 14 2012

A little early to judge. Have only 300 miles on it since purchase but it drives and handles very well. A beautiful well equipped and designed car. Plenty of power out of the 250 HP T5. However, the lack of a spare tire is a major issue. Otherwords, include a spare and make proper room for it. This is a major safety issue and it surprised me. For example, a blown tire without a spare in the wilds of Montana is no picnic.

Not the boring Volvo of the past

by Sue T from Danville, PA on Tue Jul 23 2013

At first I was resistant to step from a BMW 325i into any other car. The Volvo AWD took any hesitation away. This car is fun to drive and handles like a dream. I got the Platinum package + Technology package... LOVE IT!!! The Blind Spot system is wonderful to have on long trips. Navigation can be completed with voice so I can keep my hands on the wheel when I get lost (always!). Car is stylish and the dealership was great to deal with finding what I needed. Not my momma's Volvo!!

Excellent evolution of S60

by Volvo4 from Northwest NJ on Mon Jun 03 2013

This is my fourth Volvo and second S60. This model is more refined, has more power, and is very stylish. It has the amenities that you would expect from a car in this range and it was a good value. I have had the car for a month and have had no problems. I purchased the T5 w/ AWD even though I didn't want to give up the gas mileage The T5 is plenty peppy so basically, I am pleased with my choice.

Great Included Features

by Heinley from Chicago, IL on Tue Sep 27 2016

The s60 I have is towards to bottom of the amenities spectrum, but the stereo, upholstery, and braking features are equal to more expensive cars I have owned. Though Volvos have a higher sticker, they have better "includes"

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2013 Volvo S60

Volvo used to be known as the safe luxury brand, but with models like the S60, it's making a name for itself as the practical luxury brand — and the automaker should wave that banner proudly.

The S60 plays in a class with the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and in a rigorous comparison test we conducted recently (check out the $46,000 Sport Sedan Challenge here), Volvo finished in second place out of six, behind only the 328i. That S60, which was a T5, featured the base turbocharged five-cylinder engine that I reviewed earlier. We follow up that test with this evaluation of the up-level T6 R-Design trim level, which packs a more powerful turbocharged six-cylinder.

This is one of those... Read More