2008 S80

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

This car is FANTASTIC

by VolvoCT from New Haven, CT on April 23, 2015

I bought a used 2008 S80 3.2 with 100k in 2014 from the original owner. In the last year, I've been consistently delighted with nearly everything about it. It's the most comfortable car I have EVER ridden in, fantastic to drive on back roads and even better on long highway trips. I find the exterior styling attractive, and the interior is one of the nicest I have seen -- elegant and extremely user-friendly. Performance is fine -- not exactly sporty with the 3.2, but perfectly good for quick passing and acceleration -- and it gets compliments all the time. Reliability has been perfect and service cost next to $0 so far. I couldn't recommend it more highly...what an under-appreciated car!

European Ford Engine 3.2 , Volvo Design and Car

by Wood from Central Virginia , VA on July 23, 2016

Folks don't realize this 3.2 engine in the 2007-2016 Volvo S80 and XC60 are European Ford Engines. Which is precisely why I bought this car. Engine get reliability from Ford and the SAFETY and security of a Volvo for your family in a cocoon of Born steel . Initially bought car for my wife to drive. But then in 2010 purchased the 2010 XC60 Turbo (same engine only Turbo ) for her to drive. Then this became my vehicle [Sunday use only] as I drive an 4WD Ford Sport Trac truck most days. Love the most comfortable seats & the 3 stage seat warmers in these cars; you will love that feature in the winter. Today Just got my vehicle from having its 105,000 Maintenance , timing belt, tension, pulley, intake seal and water pump change. $1500 in cost but it should last me another 100K miles where all I change are oil, oil filters ,Cabin & car, air filters . A little preventative maintenance doesn't hurt. Have enjoyed driving this car after stepping out of my Crown Victoria LX to this. Its an enjoyable ride I hope to keep another 4 years till I can afford an S-90 !!

Smart Buy

by Practical from NJ on March 2, 2008

My prior vehicles have all been sport cars. It is now time for a sedan. I test drove the fololowing: STS, A6, 535 and E Series. For the money, the S80 provided the features and feel of all the above, but for a lot less. I am very pleased with my decision so far. I don't feel like I've completely lost the sensation of driving a sports car.

S80 V8, VIP seats to Valhalla's chorus

by AsianR from Farmington Hills, MI on January 10, 2017

I've always been watching videos of S80 V8s with exhaust work done, drooling over the noise they can make. Went ahead and purchased one myself, deleted the mufflers, boy oh boy...It sounds wonderful. It's getting a VIP booth to a symphony show about Valhalla and Thor. The seats are wonderfully comfortable, and the miles will fly. Longevity on these cars are expected, I've another friend with 300k+ miles on his S80 V8, and it's all on the original powertrain. The only thing to watch out for if you're in the market is the pulley and accessory belt. These belts age over time, and will need to be replaced (per maintenance manual) It's recommended they get done at 125k miles or 10 years. Otherwise, go get one, and see what it's like to fall in love with a car!

Volvo S80

by tracyfsu from Tallahassee, Fl on February 14, 2012

The most comfortable car I have ever driven. The performance of the twin turbo is outstanding. The ride is quiet and super smooth. The braking is very responsive and smooth.

Luxury Car without the Lucury Pricetag

by Grandpa Ron from Mamaroneck, NY on August 6, 2017

The Volvo S80 Series is a luxury car without the luxury price! Exquisite leather interior with special detailing, including sun roof, power windows, power/heated seats, custom leather tilt steering wheel, Continental tires & so much more. Rated one of the safest cars to drive. Beautiful vehicle. Proud to be a Volvo owner!

Comfort, performance, snow handling - V8

by Mountain driving from Estes Park, CO on March 19, 2012

I live in the mountains of Colorado and encounter snow driving many months out of the year. I wanted a comfortable car that got good gas mileage, was safe to drive and handled well in snow. This car fit the bill. I am very impressed. I had back surgery many years ago and comfort of a vehicle is important for me. This is by far the most comfortable car I have owned. It drives great on the mountain twisty roads and has great acceleration. 25.5 MPG - highway, 21.5 - mixed mountain driving. Only complaint would be stiff ride, but that may be a function of the tires I have on it (Eagle F1, 18 inch rims - but they sure handle snow well and grip the road really well). Haven't owned car long enough to rate reliability. Car has 3C chassis, but I find I keep it in comfort mode almost all the time. Heated seats (4 seats) are wonderful.

Love this Car

by Pram from Winter garden Florida on February 9, 2018

Super nice car!!! Comfort, power, and realizable!!! I fell in love with this car the first time I drove it!!!! Fun car to dive with the peice of mind that you are in a safe car!!

Volvo for Life

by yihoam on July 1, 2017

I have owned several Volvo cars and the S80 AWD T6 turbo is a great car. good in the snow ; great ride on the highway. i have an extended warranty and Volvo replaced the compressor. I try and keep up with scheduled maintenance which has kept the car running like new at 89K miles.

Former S-80 Owner

by Senior Citizen. Lost my Volvo from Phoenix, AZ on April 20, 2017

Truly loved my S-80. Looks, safety, features, comfort, reliability, were all good. I owned the car 10 years, and bought it new. Problem is I lost it due to an accident recently. No injuries at all. I am still "suffering" the loss, and no replacement soon. Insurance Company gave me a decent check when they "totaled" the car. Tears! Great car for sure!

1 2 3