2011 Volvo S 80

Most comfortable car

by from Katy Texas on July 2, 2015

I bought this car used Oct 2014, I love how smooth and quite this car cruises and when you want to go fast, stomp that right peddle and it will fly. This is our first Volvo but will not be our last. Everyone mistake this for a BMW 5 series, to me, my Volvo S80 3.2 liter T5 is the ultimate driving/touring/cruising machine.

2011 S 80 Precertified

by from New York and Florida on January 13, 2015

Purchased my pre certified 2011 S 80 3 months ago off a 4 year lease 30,000 miles. The care was still in like new condition. Volvoville NY did not disappoint. Volvo offers one of the best pre certified program compared to higher end brands. They did not disappoint. Many parts were replace - brakes , tires, rotors, battery, all fluids to name a few. The car will not require servicing for several year. One of my requirements and reasons for choosing my second Volvo - 1996 850 (which I still proudly own) I drove the "new" 2011 to Florida from NY. The drive was excellent. 30 miles per gallon. Love the car. Now on a business trip to Asia and looking forward to returning in Feb. ps. Did I mention the extra 3 year bumper to bumper warrantee I received buying a pre certified Volvo?

Reliable Car

by from Tulare CA on October 21, 2011

This is the 5th Volvo we have owned. The first four were used and this last one new. Very dependable car.

Fabulous car

by from Dallas, TX on September 9, 2012

This is our second Volvo. We have not found a car yet that is more comfortable than the Volvo S80. We just took the car on a road trip and averaged 31mpg on the trip down and 28.2 mpg on the trip back, more than is published. The car had 15,071 miles when purchased and was 14 mos old. We consider it a good value for the money, and especially for the quality and safety. The largest purchasing group for this model are physicians and emergency room nurses, which tells you something about its solid structure. Plenty of power, and again, Volvo did not disappoint.

excellent quality

by from Georgetown KY on March 27, 2012

This car met all of our expectations. It is very comfortable, quiet and pleasure to drive. This is our 2nd volvo and we are very pleased with it.

Great Value and Safety

by from on October 14, 2011

Purchased it used 1 year old. Comfort, understated luxury, smooth ride and reliable. Someday this car will be my son's car and the safety features are a big selling point. Highly recommend.

Love it!!

by from Sonoma/Napa on October 8, 2011

Just got this car last month and love it so much comparing to my previous owned cars. This is my third Volvo and I still love to own Volvo cars. It looks sporty and has its luxury. Drives smooth and has tons of power. Overall, it meets my expectations and it worths the price I paid for. The most important mission for this car is Volvo For Life!!

Monkeys are cool!!

by from texas,tx on September 20, 2011

This car rocks!!!!! Definetly buy this car if you're looking at a Volvo!!! This is the best car that Volvo has ever done!

Uses car for Off-roading

Perfect Car to Buy Used

by from on April 11, 2017

I purchased my S80 3.2 Inscription three years ago and like it more and more every day. Despite low resale value, the car is a great value when buying used. I purchased mine certified, which was definitely worth the investment and came with the factory 5 year/60k mile maintenance plan included. The cabin tech is dated but I think the look both inside and out is timeless because it is so understated and simple. The seats are extremely comfortable, I found this out on my 18 hour drive to Chicago, IL a couple of years ago. During the trip, I never felt tired or uncomfortable and the car averaged over 30mpg. The car is pure luxury, the 3.2 engine is fuel efficient but in no way has sporting intentions, which I knew going into it so I was not surprised at the lack of performance. Most S80's came well equipped, I was going to hold out for a T6 AWD model but found this one with the Inscription package that included the ventilated seats and those were very high on my list as my previous two cars had that feature. Mine has all of the options except the technology package (adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, collision warning, driver alert control) and personal car communicator (keyless start). I do have the climate package (heated/front rear seats, interior air quality system, rain-sensing wipers, heated washer nozzles, IR band on windshield, humidity sensor), multimedia package (navigation, back-up camera, 12 speaker premium audio system), front/rear park assist, 18" fortuna wheels, active dual bi-xenon headlamps with active bending lights, blind spot information system (BLIS) with power folding mirrors, sunroof, and Inscription package (full soft perforated leather with contrasting piping and stitching, ventilated front seats, leather on center console cover, and wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob). Honestly, I'd skip the multimedia package on a used S80 just because the nav system used from 2007-2011 is very outdated (no voice control, DVD based unit mounted in the trunk) and the back-up camera is very poor quality. The "premium" sound system is decent but does not compare to most other truly premium sound systems (especially in the new 90 series Volvo's with the Bowers and Wilkins). Overall the 2007+ S80 makes a perfect first car or first luxury car for anyone! It offers great value and features for the price and it has been reliable and fuel efficient.

Similar Models