2015 V60

2015 Volvo V60

2015 Volvo V60

Have You Driven the 2015 Volvo V60?

EuroWagons are back!

by Evan from Louisville, KY on Mon Apr 18 2016

I was thrilled to find a great deal on a certified pre-owned Volvo V60 with only 11k miles. Volvo's CPO warranty is the best thing going with 7 years 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper coverage with no deductibles. I previously leased two BWM 3 series which I really loved. But a new home with many DIY projects on the horizon, love of camping with friends and dogs, and a job that will require me to drive more meant I needed to buy a car with more cargo space. SUV's are not for me as I wanted to maintain a great driving experience. The V60 is doing great so far. The cargo capacity is awesome. The style is great. So many people are surprised to hear I purchased a station wagon, but then see it and really appreciate the looks. Everybody thought the station wagon was a thing of the past, but the "cool kids" are rediscovering euro-wagons. The seats could not be more comfortable... they really are remarkable. Even with the base sound system, it sounds great. Handling is awesome... and I really appreciate the firm feel after having a 2013 BMW 328 which had such light-feeling, soft handling compared to 2011 and 2003 BMW's I drove previously. Do be aware that the suspension is very very firm. Some people do not like this, but I appreciate it. The car feels much more like a sports car with such great handling and firm ride.

Perfect Small Sport Wagon

by IFLY from NE, North Carolina on Mon Feb 02 2015

I looked at the BMW, VW, AUDI wagons. I drove ALL of them , But when I got in the V60, it was LOVE at first sight.!! The entry was easy, seat height perfect, and quiet ride amazing! Pulling out on the highway, the torque pushes you back in the seat!! Passing big trucks is QUICK!! Handling with the Sport Package is very comforting. Do not miss a chance to drive this excellent Volvo!! You will be amazed!! I have 10K miles on my V60 and average 31 MPG and I don't poke down the road..

Great Looking Car, 1 month OLd

by Simon W from Walnut Creek CA on Tue Jul 01 2014

Had my V60 D5 Front Wheel drive, black on black.for a month I feel like I am driving the Bat Mobile but my youngest daughter told me it is just a car and has no wings so I guess not. So, love the look of the car,inside overrall is good. Cup holders in front of gear shift was a stupid idea,get a large drink in and changing gears becomes awkward, I would also like more small storage areas inside car like for sunglasses, etc. Rear seat area not massive but ok, I am 6, 3 and the front seat feels great.I wish there were an option to turn off the start/stop feature if you choose so the default is off. My biggest gripe with the car is mileage, I was expecting 25-37 but i have not got more than 24 even on freeways, I have tried different driving methods but no luck . Called dealership and they told my engine needs breaking in more to get best mileage, I suspect this is bull but will drive it for a while to see if it increases.

2015 V60 My Point of View

by jeff's 4th Volvo from Upstate NY from upstate NY on Wed Apr 09 2014

I waited for years to get another turbo wagon that was not fully clad in fake plastic armor. I expect the wagon to perform successfully as the last 3 that I have owned. I recommend purchasing roof cross bars so that the unexpected garage sale find, can be taken home if it does not fit in the smallish boot. The T6 R has plenty of power and the handling seems tight. I will be giving it a true test this weekend at a performance driving school. Unfortunately, new cars come with a lot of gadgets and gizmos. I am concerned that the price of this vehicle is beyond the reach of a core group of non-suv'ers. I really stretched my budget. Get rid of the gadgets (keep the safety) and sell a truly base model, my suggestion. I will use this wagon as such and put it through its paces. The drivers seat bolster is already showing signs of wear but the seats are typical Volvo comfortable.

SUV, not for me - V60 T5 FWD instead

by mados123 from New York, NY on Thu Jun 19 2014

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I am very impressed. The minimalist Scandinavian interior design is sleek, modern and functional. The exterior has sharp and sexy lines - especially the back of the car and its 'hips' (and with Volvo's symbol looking similar to the biological symbol for male, you have to wonder). I wanted to have a car with more room in it for my small family but still feel connected to the road while driving. While the sports package wheels look great, there are just too many potholes in Metro NY. As an alternative, the 17" Sadia wheels are perfect - good styling while having more meat on the tires. The ride is a good balance between being soft enough and with responsive steering when needed. I find myself driving the car being engaged and with two hands on the wheel more than any other car I have driven. Trunk space isn't as large as other wagons since the roofline dips, but as said in another review, the roof cross bars should serve you well for those few times you need more space (and they aren't too expensive). I love the built-retractable cargo net that extends from the top of the seats so no projectiles will potentially go flying into the back of you and your passengers' heads. Not sure if this unique to Premium Plus package but the seats with memory that adjust to the specific user's keys when in the vicinity of the car (along with the doors unlocking) is definitely cool and convenient. The turbo on this 4 cylinder engine is great as there is no turbo lag like I experienced with my previous car. The car has more than enough power when needing to accelerate quickly (maybe not as great with a heavier load). Transitions from gear-to-gear are smooth as butter. The auto idling start-stop takes some getting used to and can be disconcerting (bringing back past bad experiences of stalling in the middle of traffic while learning how to drive a manual transmission) but the thought of not wasting gas or breathing in your own fumes with the windows down gets you by with comfort. Something as simple as the having an electrical brake with "drive away release" is also something you don't realize is great until you have it - just need a finger to activate, no more arm curls and extensions! The rear camera is great too although maybe they should include a front one as well for parallel parking (without having to get the Blind Spot Information System). The standard seats have excellent bolster support - enough to keep your back centered around medium turns, not too rigid and obtrusive that you need to be a contortionist to enter and exit the car. I haven't mastered the Bluetooth phone connection yet as it seems to have too many prompts to call a commonly used contact. I also think there is a software bug with assigning a speed dial number that needs to be worked out as it can't be user error :-) Bluetooth audio connectivity is great too as I can connect my phone and stream tunes. Lastly, there is great peace of mind driving a car with the history of safety that Volvo has. I'm really curious about the "City Safety (low-speed Collision Avoidance Technology)" but am afraid to test it out - if it fails, it could be costly! The car is definitely sharp.

Best Vehicle I've owned

by Chappy from Albuquerque on Sun Oct 15 2017

The car excels in all areas of comfort and driveability. The ease of driving and the gas mileage is truly outstanding. The comfort on the inside of the vehicle is noteworthy, especially the seats and padding. The climate control is totally flawless. It keeps the car at a very comfortable temperature.

Safe, comfortable and reliable

by snapbean from NJ on Tue May 16 2017

I bought this car after seeing my husbands experience with a Volvo - I would end up taking my car (a Mini Cooper) to the shop over and over for repairs while his ran without issue. I also started to feel unsafe in any other car after riding in his Volvo - so when the time came, that is what I got. It is fast, a smooth ride, nice looking, dependable and above all, safe.

Fantastic value

by Longislander1 from Glen Cove, NY on Mon Dec 25 2017

I just picked up a 2015.5 CPO V60 — loaded and with 20K and warranty until 2022 — for about what a new, modestly equipped Hyundai Elantra would cost. I’m blown away that I can get a like-new car of this quality with so many features at the low price I paid. If you decide to buy new, bargain aggressively since depreciation on these Volvos is astronomical. I’ve scoured the Web and can’t find any reason why these cars are so under-appreciated, other that they are a brand that is currently well under the radar. They remind me of the Subarus of 10 years ago and those cars are now hot sellers. Get your new or CPO Volvo at a great price while you still can.

MR

by JUNIOR from HONOLULU on Thu Feb 13 2014

THE BEST MID SIZE WAGON AND THE BEST LOOKING ONE BY FAR. inside space is appropiate as well as those lines and the sport seating makes you feel young no matter what your age is and sporty.

One of my best Volvo buys ever

by Janice from Birmingham, AL on Sun May 13 2018

This care met all my requirements and more. I have only owned Volvos that were pre-owned and have purchased a few since the mid-1980's.All have been different models and most of them driven for a long time. All of them performed well. I recommend any car from this dealer.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2015 Volvo V60

While the 2015 Volvo V60 manages to deliver in many regards, there are a couple of areas that fall a smidge short of my expectations for a luxury vehicle in 2015.

I'm a huge wagon fan (and in the interest of full disclosure, I used to own a Volvo C30 until my family recently outgrew it), so you can imagine my excitement at the automaker's recent efforts to re-enter and re-energize the wagon market with the new V60, which is essentially the wagon version of Volvo's S60 sedan. For families like my own who need a little extra utility over a sedan but don't want to jump into a crossover or SUV, such as Volvo's XC60, the V60 seems tailor-made at first glance.

The Volvo V60 is starting to arrive at... Read More