2016 V60

2016 Volvo V60

2016 Volvo V60

Have You Driven the 2016 Volvo V60?

Glad That I Bought It!

by BlueDevilChick from Massachusetts on Tue Nov 08 2016

My old V70 turned 251,000 miles and needed two major repairs in the same month so it was time to look for a new wagon. The V60 was on my radar, but I had not done much research on it. After reading what I could about it I went and drove one and loved it. I did drive a Golf Sportwagon and an Alltrack to compare. The Sportwagon just did not have the same quality as the V60 and I really didn't want an AWD vehicle. I've been driving the V60 for 3 weeks now and love it. Since my V70 was ancient I had to get used to modern conveniences which are very nice in the V60. My car does not have BLIS or a backup camera so I can't comment on them but I will say that I don't miss them either. There is a button in the front console that controls the rear seat headrests so you can lower them when there are no passengers, nicely increasing the rear view which is good since the side windows at the back are small. This car did have the climate package which is very nice as it heats the front windshield and keeps ice from accumulating on the wipers in a snowstorm, also the steering wheel is heated and the rear passenger seats have seat heaters. It has plenty of head room and adequate cargo capacity. Plenty of room for a dump run. I am disappointed that I have to buy a new Thule rack to carry my kayaks due to the integrated roof rails. My commute is 50:50 local driving:highway. So far I am averaging 31 MPG. As to reliablility I gave it an average score because it is a new car. Maybe in a year or two I'll update this. One comment about the back seat. It is very comfortable seat wise. There is plenty of length for the thigh, but passengers sitting behind the driver end up with their feet under the seat if the driver is tall. It is a great car for a couple or maybe a family with one child. It would be a small vehicle for a larger family. It has good pick up and a decent turning radius. I salute Volvo for continuing to produce front wheel drive wagons!

Nice car

by Mark from Sugarloaf, PA on Sun Jul 17 2016

This is a very sporty beautiful looking little wagon. We wanted a wagon that wasn't an SUV of which there are now very few to be found. The V60 fit the bill. It's little but big enough for us. The exterior is very sleek and sporty looking. We got sport seats with 2 tone leather and they are beautifuland and possibly the most comfortable car front seats I've ever sat in. We get compliments on the appearance of the car all the time. The T5 engine has plenty of horsepower for this little car and the stiffer than usual suspension and tight feel of the steering give the car a very sporty feel making it fun to drive. Printed owners manual is not good and Sensus infotainment center could be improved but I've found that with a lot of other cars. The car is pretty pricey for a little wagon but they had a great lease offer which made the car very reasonable. Haven't had the car very long so really can't comment much on reliabity.

Reliable as a Volvo

by PascalFB from San Diego on Thu Oct 05 2017

I really like volvo for the safety and the fact that the interior is purified. Not too many gadget, buttons, or other things that disturbed you from driving. I love this car for the wagon style even if honestly the volume is smaller than some other wagon. However, the T5 270hp with all the features, easy maintenance and very quiet is a pleasure. For sure, will look for a Polestar as next one

Great car!

by Dave C from Pittston Pa on Thu Apr 27 2017

For a "wagon" it's a really fun car to drive. Very understated styling, not like the cookie cutters out there. The T5 is a very responsive engine with power to spare. Lots of car for the bucks, and all wheel drive!

Second car is number 1

by Limfamily2010 from Brooklyn, NY on Fri Mar 30 2018

Looking for a second car and this one proved to be an awesome vehicle ... we saw it, test drove it and we never looked back - it’s even better than we could imagine, love this car!

Great Wagon!

by ABadWagon from Denver on Mon Jul 24 2017

Meet my needs. Traded away my F-150 daily driver for the V60. Needed a vehicle that would fit in the garage.

When you need an SUV but don't want an SUV.

by JCinPA from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Mar 29 2017

SUVs are great, and they are certainly popular. But if you want car-like perfomance, handling, comfort and price, with cargo capacity similar to an SUV, the V60 should be at the top of your shopping list.

Very good design

by FromOttawa from Ottawa on Tue Dec 13 2016

We bought the car in April 2016, after having driven Toyota Solara for 12 years. On general my wife and I like it a lot but there are several issues: 1. For the price Volvo could have offered automatic closing of the trunk 2. The design makes the back of the car very dirty, especially in the winter. A related problem is the backup camera that in the winter is constantly dirty and consequently useless. 3. I have frequent issues with connecting my iPhone through the USB port- the car keeps unrecognizing the phone and consequently making it impossible to operate music through the buttons at the wheel After eight months no problem with driving and it's super comfortable on long distances- like over a thousand km.

an impressive, well built auttomobile

by Alko from Weston FL on Fri May 11 2018

there is only one item about the car I questioned, e.g., gas mileage was way below posted..... also, the multi function center dash screen too complicated.