Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 8 reviews

My favorite car so far

by from Mercer Island, WA on June 8, 2007

I really love this car. It handles well enough to be zippy city car, but is just sweet on the open road. The safety and reliability of a Volvo plus the practicality of a station wagon - brilliant car.

Great Value

by from MInnesota on September 1, 2012

This is the fifth Volvo and second V70 that I have owned. I have only had it for a month, but I have already put over 3000 mile on it. It is a 2004 V70 front wheel drive (no turbo). It has worked out well for us as I pull a 1200# boat with it. It get 30 miles on the highway and averages about 26 overall. This is the car I wanted and am please with its operation. I previously owned a 98 V70 AWD turbo. It was nothing but problems. One thing after the other. However, I really like the past Volvo's I had and would give the V70 another try. So far I so good. I have purchase three of the Volvo's with 100,000 miles on them and except for the 98 have driven them well over 200,000 miles. They have been a great value for the money.

Great car

by from Modesto,Ca on October 16, 2012

i bought 2001 V 70 with 29,000 on it, it has 197,000 on it now, i am very happy with this car,only normal maintenance, i do change oil on time, best car for the money, buy it

Pocket rocket...that also hauls stuff

by from Chicago, IL on November 22, 2011

I've had it for more than four years and I've never been happier. Prior to this R wagon, I had a 1996 850 Turbo wagon, and was impressed with Volvo build quality and the sheer power - not to mention the utility. Then came the major upgrade to this R wagon. It had always been my dream to own one when it first came out in 2004. Mine came with the striking orange Atacama leather, moonroof, premium sound, tinted glass. The best part: the twin turbocharged motor, coupled with 6MT which is a godsend. Minimum turbolag. Smooth shifting. Only complaint is turn radius, and it is something every R enthusiast complains about. It has been very reliable. The common issues were covered under warranty. Since it uses Brembo brakes, a brake job costs more than a regular Volvo, tho not by much. That is the small price to pay to own a top-of-the-line already-extinct piece of engineering marvel.

Very Expensive To Maintain

by from Florida on September 24, 2013

Great midsize wagon. Don't ever buy one unless you get a complete maintainance history. After 100 K this car costs a lot to maintain. At 110 K you need a new water pump and Timing belt. $900, needs a $800 brake job, needs new motor mounts, Need front end work, new struts, then at 129,000 miles, a new transmission for $3000, Just replaced the catalitic converter and the inner driver's door trim panel for $285 because the inside door handle in part of the panel ( $550 at the dealer) I love to drive it but I'm going broke. Wonderful Engine! 2.4T is fast!

Good Safe First Car

by from Chester Coiunty PA on December 21, 2012

I needed a car for my son who finds the family SUV a bit of a handful. He wanted a sporty car and I wanted a safe car. I made for my usual place; Swedish designed cars. I have owned, 8 Volvos and 9 Saabs. I found one just in to the dealer for PX and not yet PDId. A one owner with a full service history, non smoker and almost untouched inside barring the cheap center console lid. The dealer replaced it. The turning circle is nowhere near as impressive as the 740s or the V70s which is the one thing that lets the car down. The performance is fine, the steering and handling perfect. The style is timeless so no one would know the car is 9 years old. Under 100,00 miles and I have driven mine up to 245,000. Get leather in preference to cloth and be prepared to pay $500 over the odds for a good specimin with history. Knock $1000 off if there is no history. Great safe car and I would recommend it to anyone wanting an economical stylish European car.

Just bought, but high hopes

by from on May 7, 2012

Just had it for a couple if months. High mileage (130k) but hopeful it will last several more years. Little noisy at idle, but no complaints so far.

V70R is price performer

by from Eastern, PA on February 25, 2011

I just bought this car in 2011 with 138K miles on it. A great price performer. AWD, HID lights, stealthy, Brembo brakes, 6-sp manual, 300hp turbo, 26mpg on highway, fully loaded creature comforts, leather, adjustable suspension, practical wagon. All for under $10K. Try to buy a Subaru STi for that price... Only concern is some of the drivetrain is from V70 so not really beefy for 300hp, and sometimes, the stereo has a little bit of a mind of its own.

Similar Models