2011 XC60

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Amazing all around car

by volvofan from Denver, CO on March 28, 2011

Just purchased a 2011 3.2 FWD XC60. So far my favorite things are the seats, the sound system, and looks. Steering is light and seating position is sporty compared to other crossovers I looked at. 3.2 v6 has plenty of pep, even on hills. It feels MUCH more like a car than my old RX300, and handles much better. Mileage is ho hum. I dont get on the interstate much but when I do have no trouble getting upper 20s around 70 mph. Most of my driving is traffic, stop and go, and I see right at the EPA expected 18 average but I have to drive pretty carefully to get that...again...MOST cars see lower than EPA "city" ratings in heavy traffic and short trips. I have BLIS and like it...I cant say I actually use it "a lot" but its nice to have though it does give some false postives. Overall very happy with the car...wish I could get a diesel D5 engine.

Volvo XC60

by Car Friend from Fairfax, VA on March 1, 2011

I checked many SUV's out and thou all have different bells and whistles the Volvo gave me the best in safety, warranty, realibility. Value for the money

Good Car

by Sailor from Pennsylvania on May 9, 2011

Very nice car. Only two issues seem to be road noise at high speeds, and the radio system is not intuitive and overly complicated. However, car is comfortable, good cargo space, nicely laid out inside and out. Gas mileage for combination City Highway is averaging about 21+.

Great medium sized SUV

by Car lover from Gilbert AZ on April 8, 2016

The XC 90 is the finest car I've owned. It is exceptionally comfortable. It drives well and gets decent mileage. I've had up to 24+ on the road (I drive 70-75 mph) and a consistent 20 around town. The car is not a race car, but had very decent excelleration. It handles easily and parks well. It si not a small car, but is very reasonable for its size. My wife is paralyzed below the waist and I bought the car so she could have electronic passenger side seats. It helps! I appreciate the sonar that lets me know when I am too close to other cars or other obstacles. It makes parking a dream. I wish it had a back-up camera, but that came in later models. It is possible to upgrade. There are a number of luxury extras I like. The leather seats are great. I live in Arizona, but they are no hotter than cloth seats. The radio takes some learning, but is a good unit. Its gets Serius and side band stations. The radio system, and it is a system, syncs nicely with my iPhone so I press one button and can answer a call while keeping my eyes on the road. The sound is very good, although I'm not an audiophile. The ride can be slightly bumpy, but I like feeling to road as opposed top not knowing what is under you. Most cars I've ridden in lately (Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer) have worse suspensions. The car is quite comfortable and is great for road trips. I recommend the XC 60 highly.

XC 60 Volvo - Nice Car!!!

by Volvo Man from Galesburg, MI on January 9, 2012

I shopped and compared a number of vehicles for my new vehicle. It came down to the XC 60 Volvo and the Ford Edge. Both handled very nicely and were well finished both on the interior and exterior. I liked the color option better with the Ford but my wife and I both decided that for the difference in cost (about $4K more) made the Volvo a better purchase. This is our second new Volvo. We also have a 2004 S60 and have been very pleased with it.

Shifts perfectly after reset to factory specs.

by Retired physician traveler from Southeast Wisconsin on June 30, 2013

Purchased with 11,000 miles mint condition. Only disappointment was rough shifting on acceleration. Volvo reset the intuitive adaptive transmission computer settings back to original factory settings and problem solved. Navigation is difficult to program. I prefer my old Garmin.

Best kept secret

by Charlie from Chicago on March 9, 2018

My wife was looking for a sporty, luxury suv with AWD. Im a car guy so i did the test driving and reported back to her. I drove grand cherokees, bmws, ml350s, etc. Volvo was last on my list, i never gave the xc60 much thought. I thought it was the swedish honda crv, with an assumingly uninspiring ride....until i drove the xc60 t6. My first thought was, ok, the leather is nicer than my dads jaguar. But how does it drive? Like a sports car. I was blown away, its gentle around town, but hitting the on-ramp with some pressure on the pedal and this suv flies. I had mustangs in high school, and those would not keep up with this machine! Owned it for 4 years, not a penny spent on anything but routine maintenance. My wife loves how quiet it is, the oversized sunroof, and comfortable seats. An absolute hidden gem. I drive a v8 tahoe, and am slightly jealous at how fun her xc60 is to drive. The AWD does great in midwestern snowstorms as well. Volvo shocked me with this one.

fun to drive

by jj from texas on February 8, 2013

2 Wheel drive xc-60. Handles like a sports car. 6 cyl. has plenty of get-up and go. Only negative is that the back seat area is very small. Would not recommend if you need rear seat room. Nice large cargo area. Wife loves the car.

Can?t say enough good things

by Francis from Cary, NC on June 18, 2018

After 90k miles car still drives, handles and looks new. Excellent mileage, good all weather handling and plenty of room. Car has handled every challenge thrown at it!

Wonderful Style, Reliability issues

by EmPug from Boise, ID on June 30, 2017

I love my car, but so much has gone wrong from burning and leaking oil to brake issues. It is stylish, comfortable, and overall fancy. I just wish it was more reliable.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2