2003 Volvo Xc 70

Best Car Ever

by from on April 27, 2017

So comfortable and safe. Smooth driver and fun AWD car. Used as daily commuter and long road-trip car.

Best riding car i have ever owned. good fuel milag

by from on April 13, 2017

I look forward to buying a newer one in the near future. very comfortable ride, good fuel mileage. The awd feature can in handy going into the mountains.

Worse contact with a dealer ever

by from ct on September 13, 2013

We never heard back fromt he dealer. We were interested in the car-they never contacted us. Very disappointed!!!

120,000 miles later, still going strong

by from Greenwich, CT on January 20, 2013

My parents bought this car new in late 2002 when we lived in NYC. It has endured hiking in the Catskills, biannual 1000 mile round trip road trips to my grandparents, my sister and my soccer games, and now harsh New England winters. I learned to drive on the XC70 and it's now my car. I love it. Although a station wagon isn't my favorite body style, it has plenty of room for friends. I drive my teammates on the rowing team (think six 200lb boys) to practice every day, and the Volvo putts along. Although, the 3rd row is not comfortably spacious enough for grown adults to sit in for longer than a quick drive. I like the comfort of knowing that it's incredibly safe. If you're thinking of buying one used, make sure that it's running well. The suspension is not as great now as it was when we bought it, but that's expected. As for it's lack of an auxiliary input to play music from an iPod, I've solved this problem by getting a tape cassette converter. The sound is great. Our XC70 is still running well, and when my sister turns 16 next year, it will be passed down to her. It's a great car for families, offroading, and even carrying cargo, that will last over a decade.

2003 Volvo xc70

by from Boston, Ma on August 14, 2011

We inherited our xc70 (2003) when my parents worried 50k was the beginning of the end. Right now (2011) it serves as family truckster, a surprisingly spirited country road or highway driver (just drive Boston to Pgh with a full load of luggage for four, passing trucks on hills at 100 plus with solid confidence). Oh yes it, has 150,000 plus miles on it! Looks to me like Volvo is building longevity of 240d's with 200 hp turbos and styling which feels like you have not chinced and bought an old car. I giggle to myself when I think of how much car I have at such a high mileage, and low maintenance costs.

Once you own a Volvo you won't want to drive anoth

by from North Brunswick NJ on January 18, 2011

Great carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I own it for a while now and only a few hings gone bad like some lights glass came off trak but nothing major.

LOve my car==

by from raleigh, nc on February 21, 2010

never had any trouble!! great on gas, great comfort, great acceleration in traffic! i punish this car daily and it always responds with a smile!

2002 Volvo XC 70

by from McCook Lake, SD on August 27, 2009

The 2002 XC 70 is my 5th used Volvo. I have had tremendous luck with all 5. They are excellent cars. I acquired the XC in 2008. It had 57K miles at that time. The car was extremely clean and well cared for. It actually still smelled new and was in perfect condition. I paid top blue book dollar for it, but it was a bargain at 16K - original sticker was 32K. The original owner took the depreciation hit and I purchased it from her. It rides like a dream. Mileage is respectable for a 5 cylinder with a turbocharger. The stereo sounds great. The heater and air are excellent. The heated seats are wonderful for mid-western winters. The AWD takes me any place I choose to go. Huge cargo capacity with the rear seats folded forward. They are excellent vehicles.

Traded in a CRV

by from Arizona on April 17, 2009

This sounds crazy, but I traded my 2007 Honda CRV for a 2003 Volvo Cross Country. I picked up the car from a Dodge dealer who was very anxious to have the car off his lot. I got a great clean, CC and traded well. Love the car so far and was actually tired of driving the last two CRVs I owned. Love the performance and looks of the CC and look forward the a long relationship.

great fuel milage

by from michigan on February 17, 2007

Most Reliable Car I've Owned the best seats Ive ever sat on. Great fun yes fun driving in the snow.