Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 4 reviews

Best car I have owned!

by from Ithaca on August 18, 2008

I have had this car for two years and it gets better with age. This is the first car to do this for me. I have not had one problem with this car and it is a dream to drive. I have two sons learning to drive and I feel safe that they are driving this car. I bought it used (one year and 12000 miles) and it looks brand new for a car that is three years old and has 43000 miles on it. I also see the retail of it and it is really keeping it's value (unlike the Toyota I have). I plan to buy a 2005 Volvo for my son when it comes time. Safe, Reliable and fun to drive(a dream in the snow!), what more could you want?

Confidence inspiring Safety w/AWD for family

by from Northvale, NJ on February 17, 2011

I bought this car used with 27,000 miles. So far the only expenses have been normal wear items, brakes, tires, oil changes etc. My wife never would drive in snow before we bought this XC70, now its not a problem. We load it up, my daughter goes in her child restraint in the back seat and away we go. 4 years and 70,000 additional miles and the car is doing great, still runs like a Swedish clock. Plans to buy new one for my wife and I'll make this one mine!

So far, so good

by from Leesburg, VA on August 20, 2010

We've owned several Volvo's bought from individuals. Our last was a 1998 XC70 full of whistles and bells. It had lots of mechanical problems over the five years we kept it, and we should have gotten rid of it much sooner. The accoutrements were so nice that we got the 2005 XC70 only three months ago. So far, it's been problem free.

value for the money

by from franklin cty, vt on April 16, 2011

wonderful comfort, safety and convenience for driver and occupants. drives like a dream on smooth roads, but not so much over frostheaves and potholes.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Volvo Xc 70

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2005 volvo xc70

2005 Saab 9-5
Starting MSRP $32,550

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.