2005 Volvo Xc 70

Best car I have owned!

by from Ithaca on August 18, 2008

I have had this car for two years and it gets better with age. This is the first car to do this for me. I have not had one problem with this car and it is a dream to drive. I have two sons learning to drive and I feel safe that they are driving this car. I bought it used (one year and 12000 miles) and it looks brand new for a car that is three years old and has 43000 miles on it. I also see the retail of it and it is really keeping it's value (unlike the Toyota I have). I plan to buy a 2005 Volvo for my son when it comes time. Safe, Reliable and fun to drive(a dream in the snow!), what more could you want?

Confidence inspiring Safety w/AWD for family

by from Northvale, NJ on February 17, 2011

I bought this car used with 27,000 miles. So far the only expenses have been normal wear items, brakes, tires, oil changes etc. My wife never would drive in snow before we bought this XC70, now its not a problem. We load it up, my daughter goes in her child restraint in the back seat and away we go. 4 years and 70,000 additional miles and the car is doing great, still runs like a Swedish clock. Plans to buy new one for my wife and I'll make this one mine!

So far, so good

by from Leesburg, VA on August 20, 2010

We've owned several Volvo's bought from individuals. Our last was a 1998 XC70 full of whistles and bells. It had lots of mechanical problems over the five years we kept it, and we should have gotten rid of it much sooner. The accoutrements were so nice that we got the 2005 XC70 only three months ago. So far, it's been problem free.

value for the money

by from franklin cty, vt on April 16, 2011

wonderful comfort, safety and convenience for driver and occupants. drives like a dream on smooth roads, but not so much over frostheaves and potholes.

QUALITY, RELIABLE AND ENGINEERED FOR PERFORMANCE

by from NEW YORK, NY on April 30, 2017

LOVED THIS CAR. VERY SAFE, VERY RELIABLE AND MET EVERY EXPECTATION. WE KEPT THE CAR UNTIL IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE AND NEVER HAD ANY BREAKDOWNS OR PROBLEMS THROUGHOUT IT'S LIFE WITH US. WE DROVE OUR CAR EXTENSIVELY BETWEEN NEW YORK, BOSTON AND CAPE COD DURING THE SUMMER, WINTER, SPRING AND FALL. NEVER FAILED US!

a good used car

by from Michigan on February 27, 2017

this is perfect for me lot of goodies for this used car very reliable by using cars.com I have a multiple choices to look and can check pictures and information of the vehicle

Died at 120,000 miles

by from Newtown, CT on July 9, 2017

My Volvo XC70 was driven an average of 10,000 miles per year and regularly maintained. It was dependable up to the day it totally died at 120,000 miles. For a car that is known for its longevity, that is was too early! Volvo didn't care, just said sorry.

Volvo FOR LIFE!

by from Bainbridge island wa on September 9, 2017

Love my 05 XC70! The XC70 was refreshed in 05 with some exterior details like front and rear silver skid plates and aluminum roof rails and interior improments and couldn't look any better! Great quality, design and comfort. Amazing space for everything you need and a joy to drive! This is coming from a 19 year old guy by the way. Volvo wagons are cool! Volvo for life!

Safe, reliable and stylish.

by from Salem, MA on June 21, 2017

The XC70 wagon is a great car for my two teenage daughters; we love it. Couldn't be happier with it.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Volvo Xc 70