2007 Volvo Xc 70

Best car I ever owned

by from Reading, Pa on September 9, 2017

Luxurious, loaded & stylish. Dependable, safe & elegant. The best car I have ever purchased, new or used.

Electrical Problems

by from on August 31, 2017

I have owned 3 Volvo wagons. The last two have suffered from numerous computer/electrical problems after 100,000 miles. I have had to replace the "computer" twice because it failed. I had to replace the radio because it died. Electrical gremlins have caused the door locks to intermittently fail. Air bag warning light will come on and go off for no reason. Car is dealer serviced but they have not fixed the problems and actually created new problems. Last time I was at the dealership in Charlotte complaining the air bag light was on. When I picked up the car the door locks did not work, the windows did not work and dash lights would not work. Volvo dealerships in Charlotte are horrible. DO NOT BUY A VOLVO!

A Civilian Tank

by from Washington, D.C. on August 23, 2017

This is my second XC70 and fifth station wagon with AWD I've owned. By far the best. Seats are living room quality, ride is exceptionally solid. If there's a drawback, it's the MPG - but I find if I'm not a lead-foot, I can get about 20 mpg between city and highway driving. Plan on keeping it for a decade, with the help of my trusty Volvo-centric mechanic.

Excellent Car

by from Bellingham, WA on June 16, 2011

My 6th Volvo Wagon in 20 years and my favorite. Excellent car - only drawback is that MP3 input is not controlled via steering wheel buttons. Otherwise an excellent choice.

Excellent

by from VA on November 21, 2010

car drives excellent,very reliable and comfort,easy to handle,more room and trank space,luxury and great gas millege.

Love this Car

by from Fresno,CA on October 26, 2010

Rides well and has some great get up and go. 5 cylinder get's pritty good gas milage. We have not used it in the snow yet but I expect it to perform better than our Land Rover Discovery. We have had zero problems to date

I love this car

by from Lexington, MA on August 12, 2010

We have only had this car for 2 months and bought it with just over 25k miles on it. This has the all weather package with the heated seats, moon roof, and child boosters in the back, so pretty much loaded. We went with the 2007 because I liked the sound and feel over the redesigned and newly powered 2008. The car has not disappointed and is getting decent mileage at an average of 24mpg for being a tank and it handles quite well. I will preface this with our other car is a 2001 Cherokee so everything else feels like driving on a cloud.

Very reliable vehicle.

by from on April 9, 2010

This car represented a big change - going from a 400 hp CTS - V to this AWD family car. The turbo gives it surprisingly great acceleration and it is tight in corners. All in all, a workhorse that's got some fun to it as well.

runs great past 150,000 miles

by from so cal on July 10, 2009

The 2006 has 150,000 miles on it, still rides great, comfortable seats, cruse everyday at 80 on 500 mile day trips. J LA on 395 to Reno - passes all the trailers and boats. Snow and ice no issue. great six car and truck passer. No passenger complaints. Could use Nav or XM. Collects bugs/rocks in front dam. It our dog car, and compares well to the 2 mercedes and BMW in the garage. Same european ride, firm and stiff. try one.

Mr

by from on May 3, 2009

I had to replace the engine in the car after I went over 2" of water. Volvo did not claim that it was a design problem. My insurance had to pay for it. The car makes loud noise when it is driven over water or set snow.