2008 Volvo Xc 70

Great value - Really nice car

by from Boston, MA on May 19, 2008

This car was the best for our needs. If you need a car that has AWD, lots of storage space, semi-luxuirious interior, safe, family friendly and reliable, for around $40,000, this car is for you. The XC70 may not handle or have the smooth engine preformance of a Audi A6 Avant or a BMW Wagon 5 series, but it doesn't cost $60,000 either. On the other price scale, it feels better built than the VW Passat and Subaru Outback. In a nutshell. it does alot of things really well (ride comfort, fit and finish, interior storage, safety features) and some things mediocre (acceleration, fuel economy). For those who don't want a SUV, but wants the benefits of one the XC70 fits the bill.

"Best wagon out there"

by from Lyman,maine on October 9, 2007

It is quiet-no turbo lag because it is naturally asperated now 3.2L six banger. I only put in regular unleaded. I ann actually take it off road. Volvo has finally done it-a true best of both worlds. We owned a S-60AWD before. Everything is user friendly and can take all the music I want with me re: I-Pods etc. To those looking at crossovers-just buy it. You will be amased if you take it out for a ride. So not the older XC-70's.

2008 XC70 what an awesome car

by from Charlottesville, VA on April 16, 2013

This car is the best Volvo I have owned so far. I have owned 7 Volvos in my life, and this 2008 Volvo XC70 is the best yet. I still own 4 Volvos as I love them all. They fit my every need. Like they say a Volvo will last forever, and they are super safe. My wife totaled a 2002 Volvo XC70 and the car saved her and my daughter's life. The car did exactly what it was supposed to do. The airbags all deployed, and it did not look pretty, but looking at the inside the car totally protected the occupants. This is why I bought anotherone. I should sell some older ones, but they are such good cars that I cannot bring myself to sell them. Each one has a purpose. The 2000 C70 convertible is super fun in the summer, and safe! The 2001 V70 T-5 is truely amazing but has high miles, and is great to haul the dogs and everything else, plus it is safe. The 2004 Volvo XC70 is wonderful in the snow, and very reliable, plus safe. I love the unbreakable 5 cylinder engines of the past, and now I have moved upto the 6-cylinder 3.2 liter engine which also feels solid and more powerul than the 5-cylinder. Only time will tell if the engine is as reliable as the other Volvos. I do know that the safety is there once again, which to me is the most important reason to choose a Volvo. Plus I love the styling, overall feel, and best station wagon on the market with the features I like. This car is a blast to drive, and I hope to keep this one until my 8-year old is ready to drive.

Great car, lousy navigation system

by from Silicon Valley on April 9, 2010

The 2008 Volvo XC70, with goodies, is a great car. The radar-assisted cruise control is great on the highway, as it will brake as well as accelerate. The navigation system is without a doubt the worst I've ever seen ... from missing streets/data and the (infrequent) inability to route, to the nearly useless remote control, to the lack of voice input, lack of touch input, difficulty of use ... it's a candidate for worst in the world. The seats (8 or more way, both front seats have memory) are wonderful.

7th Volvo

by from New Albany, OH on November 17, 2009

This is the our 7th Volvo, love the brand and the dealer! Love this XC 70, wish it had a larger sunroof.

Fantastic Wagon-Does Everything Very Well

by from Minneapolis, MN on September 9, 2013

Overall, it is hard to find fault with this car. Practical, safe, and so far it has been reliable (at 88K miles now). The AWD is second to none, and I would recommend that Volvo starts selling these seats for your living room-there is no more comfortable car seat out there, period. It has a solid smooth ride, however the performance is not exactly screaming, but then again, you are buying a Volvo sports wagon, not a Ferrari. Overall, if you don't want a larger gas-guzzling SUV, but want AWD and ability to go off-road (we have taken it off-road at the cabin and beat it up a bit, it handles it in stride), then you will like this one.

Love this car!

by from California on March 22, 2013

I had a 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo Sport Wagon for a decade and loved it. It's still going strong at 200k so i gave it to my mom. My 2008 Volvo XC70 is even better. I love the style and comfort. I have the 3.2 non turbo. It's not as sporty as my old turbo but it has plenty of power and costs less to insure than a turbo model. It's more luxury than sport. I'm very happy with it. I bought it used at 33K and have put 10k mikes on it. Runs, looks, drives like new. Everyone thinks I bought a new 2013! Volvos are not cheap to own/maintain, but you can't beat the safety and style. Gas mileage is around 23 hwy for this 6 cyl. My old 5 cyl. got 24.6 mpg. I assume its because the new one is AWD.

Absolutely Love the Car

by from Deerfield, MA on November 28, 2015

I love it! It does almost everything, but carry a Piano and the mileage is respectable. For me it is part of the family, so we take care of it accordingly. She is our sweetheart!

Most confoftcar I have ownedable

by from Brewster, MA on December 28, 2010

We own a 2003 volvo XC 70. which has been a great car. The 2008 XC70 is a major step above the 2003. We are very pleased with this purchase.

Volvo Fan

by from Rochester, NY on September 2, 2012

This is the 3rd volvo that I've purchased. The 2008 rides as if its a 2012. These vehicles really hold their value.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Volvo Xc 70